Horizon Hobby EU (UK) pricing and service thread. - Page 2 - RC Groups
Aug 31, 2017, 05:03 AM
Suspenders Account
Before you quit Mark, some of the best fun I have had in this hobby in recent years is with a Spektrum DX6i and Blade 300x.
Sometimes the simpler you keep things the more fun it is.
Please have a look at: https://www.alfamodel.cz/index.php?_...&_RQid_2=11011

They all fly great and are inexpensive.
You only need 4 channel radio to enjoy them.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 31, 2017, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans

Nothing we or I post is gonna make any difference at all and I personally don't believe for one second posting in the correct thread or sending a hand written letter is gonna get our voice's heard either.

I do like to think we can make a difference
Aug 31, 2017, 08:59 AM
HH? Please.... i wan't some service and an answer when i request support. HH EU has not done that lately..... NEVER will i by HH stuff again. There is so much more in the world
Aug 31, 2017, 01:25 PM
Hello to all us moaning Poms - been to a few recent model aviator shows Weston Park; Radley Hall and most recently the Free Flight Nationals, asked around quite a bit concerning HH jumping off this carrier based Island of ours and so have finally bin and gone and done it , jumped the sinking Spekrum Ship before it turns turtle and purchased a TARANIS so at least if owt goes wrong with it and it will most likely will, someone will at least tell me if a componant fails or PCB I will most likley be told what it is, without the fear of loosing his/her job...joe
Aug 31, 2017, 01:49 PM
Suspenders Account
Joe, model show stands have been devasted by this haven't they?
Both no one buying and not as much for sale.
I particularly feel bad for Inwoods who where always one of the best for stock and great deals.
Aug 31, 2017, 03:18 PM

Horizon Hobby EU (UK) pricing and service thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubtoe
Hello to all us moaning Poms - been to a few recent model aviator shows Weston Park; Radley Hall and most recently the Free Flight Nationals, asked around quite a bit concerning HH jumping off this carrier based Island of ours and so have finally bin and gone and done it , jumped the sinking Spekrum Ship before it turns turtle and purchased a TARANIS so at least if owt goes wrong with it and it will most likely will, someone will at least tell me if a componant fails or PCB I will most likley be told what it is, without the fear of loosing his/her job...joe

Get yourself the iRangeX module, so awesome for all your DSMX stuff

HowTo // Taranis // X-Vert // iRangeX (4 min 10 sec)

iRangeX MultiProtocol 2.4GHz Module // X-Vert DSMX 22ms (0 min 42 sec)
Sep 03, 2017, 03:24 PM
Funny you should say that GM, i jumped on the Tiny Whoop hype train (little late). Brilliant fun! bit tricky around the house but i'm getting there. And before anyone asks, yes it's a Blade product, see, still into HH products, that's why i get/got so frustrated at them. Although this time i bought from a UK store and used PP to fully back myself up.

Gave me something to do as i didn't fancy going Barbel fishing in the pouring rain, plus my arm is killing me from a blocked Fistula.
Sep 03, 2017, 03:56 PM
Suspenders Account
That's how I started off with helis Mark
I can fly inverted in both orientations now.
It's just a step at a time.

Try the blade mcps indoors in a gym if you get chance over winter.
Last edited by GadgetMart; Sep 03, 2017 at 04:04 PM.
Sep 03, 2017, 04:21 PM
I flew helis many years ago started with a Hirobo Shuttle ZXX and fully hopped it up, also had a Robbe Futura SE for while.

Recently i have had the 450X and tried the 180cfx too but i found that little thing quite a handful. I have a msrx packed away that i haven't flown in a long time, really into the quads now.
Sep 03, 2017, 04:36 PM
Suspenders Account
Just fly what you enjoy.
That's the entire point of the hobby.
I have an old Raptor 30v2
Sep 03, 2017, 06:11 PM
Quote:
tried the 180cfx too but i found that little thing quite a handful.
that why I love it, I feel so unskilled with it, perfect to learn flying 3D, especially since I often crash it into the grass and it takes it like a champ, most of the time the servo saver mod just lets the horns slip and all I have to do is to recenter them... which I sometimes do without powering it down lol *shame on me* but so much fun to crash and just put it back on the "landing pad" and go again
Sep 03, 2017, 06:31 PM
Sorry to go off topic, but the reason i sold mine was i had one tip over and it stripped the servos. I bought new gears for them in metal as a upgrade but then saw what you had to go through to recenter and set the head back up to get it calibrated for the gyro/rx. I didn't even attempt it and went straight on Ebay.

Anyway i'm happy to be using HH products, no more stressing out over Germany, i just make sure i buy anything from my nearest HH dealer and i use Paypal so if anything should go wrong then i'll be dealing with the store and not HH EU from now on. Sorted!.
Sep 04, 2017, 05:34 AM
Quote:
Sorry to go off topic, but the reason i sold mine was i had one tip over and it stripped the servos. I bought new gears for them in metal as a upgrade but then saw what you had to go through to recenter and set the head back up to get it calibrated for the gyro/rx. I didn't even attempt it and went straight on Ebay.

Anyway i'm happy to be using HH products, no more stressing out over Germany, i just make sure i buy anything from my nearest HH dealer and i use Paypal so if anything should go wrong then i'll be dealing with the store and not HH EU from now on. Sorted!.
Thats a good idea to deal with the shop... actually I should try that for my SPM4649T... I am just not sure I will find out were I actually bought that specific SPM4649T... hm...

Taking out a servo isn't super easy but okay, I bought both the replacement gears in metal as well as a new one but could turn the stripped part of the gear so it woudn't interfer with the normal throw lol, so put it back together with that half hearted fix... it's a 180cfx and no 450

Weird, setting the head back up for me was nothing fancy, it flew good with it beeing slighty off, but I am no hard core 3D pilot so I guess thats why I am fine with that
Sep 07, 2017, 07:04 PM
Just read on another forum here in the UK that (certainly for some items) repairs are being shipped out from Germany to USA service for repair, then back to Germany, then back to customer.
Surely not something that could be done long term?? Although at least it shows that something is being done and the problems are being acknowledged.
Kim
Sep 07, 2017, 08:07 PM
Suspenders Account
Deleted
Last edited by GadgetMart; Sep 08, 2017 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Was drunk