Horizon Hobby EU (UK) pricing and service thread. - Page 12 - RC Groups
Nov 10, 2017, 01:26 PM
aka KF7DS
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_mark_evans
Really? i'm sure if you search the internet you'll find someone with a crash plane on them, just like all the other brands, so not that reliable then?
You are right. Personally, I think the the quality of all of the major brands is very high. Each has had its flubs- not one is immune to that. Comes down to what you have confidence in.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2017, 01:40 PM
▀ ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
Every major brand has customers who need to send the unit back multiple times.
I'm fanboy of nothing unlike others. if that was true I would have ever reported it. Futaba is junk, JR is junk, Hitec is junk..etc
almost 10 years following this forum and have yet to see what you mention though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawz
Spektrum produces units is massive numbers, in quantities around the range of 100,000+ units a year globally.
100K Tx's made in a year ? that's why they had to close UK and France warehouse
Nov 10, 2017, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Have you spoke to Als hobbies? If it's a big fix they might still have to send it back to Germany but they might also be able to repair it at their shop.
Yes did speak to als hobbies and they did say send it to us and they will investigate and let me know the cost for repairing it. Allso had a email back from HH german site telling me to send it back to them to be checked over. Either way its a matter of weighing the cost of postage and repair bill and also how long a wait against buying a new transmitter.
Nov 10, 2017, 05:08 PM
Reverse is my 2nd favourite person on here after Mal Bond, sorry Reverse but Mal was at the top of the trolling game. You could pass him yet though.

Great entertain during my lunch breaks at work. Keep it up.
Nov 10, 2017, 05:11 PM
@Glenbees yeah it's a tough call.

Hope you manage to get it sorted one way or another.
Nov 10, 2017, 06:28 PM
Suspenders Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse
Futaba is junk, JR is junk, Hitec is junk..etc
almost 10 years following this forum and have yet to see what you mention though
Pot, kettle black?
Nov 10, 2017, 08:48 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Really? i'm sure if you search the internet you'll find someone with a crash plane on them, just like all the other brands, so not that reliable then?
Multiplex is about the only major manufacturer that hasn't needed to change the 2.4 protocol at some point. Though it was not always for 'technical' reasons the others changed the protocol. Spektrum - technical, Futaba - economics, though they still sell the original expensive one, JR - Spektrum would not extend the licensing agreement to cover DSM2.

Multiplex:
First with FM.
First with computer radios. (For many years Futaba licensed an old Multiplex operating system for its computer radios.)
First with 'digital' servos.
First with 2.4 telemetry - it was inbuilt from day one. (The possibility for telemetry is 'inherent' in 2.4 FHSS or DS radios but the other manufacturers did not appear to realise that. Or maybe they did and deliberately held it back so you would have to buy extra attachments, or completely new, transmitters and receivers later.)
Slow to the market with 2.4. They had it ready but unlike the non-EU manufactures, who 'jumped the gun' in the EU, they held it back until the EU Supreme Court had ruled on a case brought by Cisco and others that 2.4 r/c should not be allowed as it is not for 'scientific or medical' purposes. Cisco and its allies lost, obviously.

Multiplex near enough totally 'owns' the industrial, police, gubmint, etc. market for r/c within the EU.
Nov 10, 2017, 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian435
JR - Spektrum would not extend the licensing agreement to cover DSM2.
JR built DSMJ, DSM2 and DSMX products (and they still do build some DSMX and DSMJ receivers).

JR decided they wanted to go back to having Len handle the marketing of their equipment (Len used to manage JR products for Horizon) in the USA.

They were never able to sell Spektrum-compatible products in Europe because they had others besides Horizon selling there.

Andy
Nov 10, 2017, 09:03 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by reverse
I'm fanboy of nothing unlike others. if that was true I would have ever reported it. Futaba is junk, JR is junk, Hitec is junk..etc
almost 10 years following this forum and have yet to see what you mention though.

100K Tx's made in a year ? that's why they had to close UK and France warehouse
You recently showed us a picture of what you said was your transmitter.

From that picture I suggest you purchased a low cost but complete 'toy' plane, transmitter included, couldn't get it to work, and have never done any actual r/c flying before or since.
Nov 10, 2017, 09:16 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
JR built DSMJ, DSM2 and DSMX products (and they still do build some DSMX and DSMJ receivers).

JR decided they wanted to go back to having Len handle the marketing of their equipment (Len used to manage JR products for Horizon) in the USA.

They were never able to sell Spektrum-compatible products in Europe because they had others besides Horizon selling there.

Andy
Thanks. I knew there was some story behind it.

JR is near enough dead in the UK. The importer once made r/c of its own, right from the 1950's single channels days up to quite good 'mid price' digital proportional and is very long established, though its core business is industrial plastics, both plastics supply and machining/sub assembly manufacturing services.
Then it stopped making its own radios and became the JR importer. It was fine at first and JR was popular in the UK, but the importer has become more and more useless over time. They half-heartedly import Saito engines too.
Last edited by Brian435 (Mark Powell); Nov 10, 2017 at 09:21 PM.
Nov 11, 2017, 01:21 AM
▀ ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀
Quote:
Originally Posted by prawlin
Over 90% of our club fly Spektrum with very very few issues.
If it's a fact, then show us the statistics or some real data reference.
The vast majority of all crashes are due to pilot error.
more and more people in the UK (not to say worldwide) are switching over from XXXXX brand to Frsky. don't ask me why.
T9 distributor might help but given spare parts are available anywhere else, local distributors are no more the first priority before purchasing a new Tx.
Nov 11, 2017, 03:40 AM
If all brands are junk, you pretty much hate on everyone just for argument's sake, then what's the final point to your posts and reason for being on rc groups?
Nov 11, 2017, 03:55 AM
Well we all know really. Thing is, your trolling game isn't even very strong, you're standing on the shoulders of giants and it's nothing we haven't heard before, it's all very very old now. Even using childish words to describe a brand that sounds more like something you need to see a doctor about.

Sorry, but you're not even entertaining anymore, there have been far far greater (where is Mal Bond anyway?) On the ignore list goes another.
Nov 11, 2017, 04:37 AM
Multiplex is the uppermost in chosing a new system but having six models with spectrum receivers is making think about it but Frsky is ideal as you can obtain a module to allow you to use spectrum receivers as iam led to believe. Decisions, Decisions.
Last edited by glenbees; Nov 11, 2017 at 04:59 AM.
Nov 11, 2017, 06:36 AM
Suspenders Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbees
Multiplex is the uppermost in chosing a new system but having six models with spectrum receivers is making think about it but Frsky is ideal as you can obtain a module to allow you to use spectrum receivers as iam led to believe. Decisions, Decisions.
Just been looking at the Multiplex Royal
SX.
It looks a nice system, I would probably choose that over FrSky personally.