Horizon Hobby EU (UK) pricing and service thread. - RC Groups
Aug 05, 2017, 12:04 PM
Suspenders Account
Discussion

Horizon Hobby EU (UK) pricing and service thread.

I have created this thread to keep the Spektrum Q & A thread clean(er).
Please try to keep it on topic and remember forum rules still apply.
The 'goal' is to bring EU (UK) service back up to a level it used to be at, and collate our concerns into one place.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 05, 2017, 12:09 PM
Suspenders Account
What the hell has happened to UK Jeti prices?
They have jumped up 200 overnight?
It's sort of taken the wind out of my argument.
I'm glad I bought my DS16 when I did.
Aug 05, 2017, 02:15 PM
Julian T
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetMart
What the hell has happened to UK Jeti prices?
They have jumped up 200 overnight?
It's sort of taken the wind out of my argument.
I'm glad I bought my DS16 when I did.
How about a very weak ?

Sorry - off topic already, but the answer was so obvious....
Aug 05, 2017, 02:33 PM
Suspenders Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliant
How about a very weak ?

Sorry - off topic already, but the answer was so obvious....
That's not off topic
That's the purpose of this thread
Aug 05, 2017, 04:02 PM
I thought it was to complain about Horizon, not Jeti. You have your other thread for that.

Andy
Aug 05, 2017, 04:31 PM
Suspenders Account
Deleted
Last edited by GadgetMart; Aug 06, 2017 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Never mind
Aug 07, 2017, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GadgetMart
Deleted
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
I thought it was to complain about Horizon, not Jeti. You have your other thread for that.

Andy
Hello
GM- - I wonder if ''never mind '' was something like the comment's made by Mark Evans deleted post some days ago - I just happened to read it, methinks walking on broken glass comes to mind,

Anyway Horizon service, it seem AK is leading/cajoling us to present a case that will make HH think twice about pulling out of UK and also give EU members a better service deal.

What I don't understand is why HH is ditching UK service, which you might say could/will reflect on Spektrum sales and why have they not boned their parent company HH to review their decision to pullout or are their home sales more than sufficient to sustain them - - - or have miss read the tealeave's...joe

Whoops - am I on topic !?
Aug 30, 2017, 03:30 PM
They sure do service stuff, with various outcome. A guy I have e-mail correspondence with has issues with 2 DX18 (G1 and G2) with the vibration which stops working after some time. HH repaired it but it stopped working again and he could not talk to the tech who repaired it.

I also heard of a repaired/serviced DX20 with extremely bad range. It was his second DX20 after he returned the first because range was a catastrophe and HH service could not change anything about it.

Turnaround time is 2-3 weeks, but service quality is lightyears away from the service level 2 or 3 years ago.

Currently I would not recommend buying a DX20 or T receivers. At least in Europe.
Aug 30, 2017, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem
Turnaround time is 2-3 weeks, but service quality is lightyears away from the service level 2 or 3 years ago.

Currently I would not recommend buying a DX20 or T receivers. At least in Europe.
I wonder if I could just send my dead SPM4649T to "an address" (with a letter stating the false voltage claim) and hope to see a replacement pop up one or two months later

Wouldn't do that with my DX8 or DX9 but well... with a SPM4649T, I sure would
Aug 30, 2017, 04:28 PM
Fill the service form and send it in. Give it a try. Use a tracked parcel or letter.
Aug 30, 2017, 04:32 PM
Suspenders Account
Quote:
Fill the service form and send it in. Give it a try. Use a tracked parcel or letter.
I did that with my AR600 a month ago
I have not heard anything.

I've even found the original purchase receipt (not that it matters).

I've not given up hope just yet however.
Aug 30, 2017, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Is there one "to print", only found the ticket system
Aug 31, 2017, 04:21 AM
Hmmm. When I last sent something in there was a form to print. But you are right, I could not find one.
You could try it via your LHS.
Aug 31, 2017, 04:32 AM
Firstly sorry for apparently posting in the wrong thread before and for deleting my posts.

After something GM said said about not caring anymore, I'm gonna take the same route. After all its only toy aircraft stuff and money.

Nothing we or I post is gonna make any difference at all and I personally don't believe for one second posting in the correct thread or sending a hand written letter is gonna get our voice's heard either.

It's pretty much took away the fun of being in this hobby now anyway so I think I'm out. For now just make sure you buy from a HH vendor and use PP for the most back up you can get should you need to return anything. I really hope things improve for you guys in the future. Thanks Andy for any and all online help with the radios.

I'm off fishing.