FrSky S6R will not go in bind mode - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Aug 05, 2017, 08:09 AM
Question

FrSky S6R will not go in bind mode

Hello all!

My S6R gives me a solid green light when powered on with the failsafe button pressed. When just powered a blinking red light.

I'm not able to bind this thing...

I have a Taranis with international firmware, although I live in Europe. I flashed the receiver several times (international version), but I don't know if that was what it needed. Also I don't get the simultanious red and green as in wrong match. I don't come that far because i don't get in bind mode with it...

Anybody who can help please?

Thanks in advance!!

Richard
to remove ads between posts
Aug 05, 2017, 09:00 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Make sure you're using a fully charged pack when binding. I've had issues binding with low pack voltages
Aug 06, 2017, 07:41 AM
I did to no avail...

Thanks for the suggestion though!

Richard
Aug 24, 2017, 01:51 PM
I bought a S6R with international firmware but I have an early Taranis X9D with the DH16V2 RF board and LBT firmware loaded. I tried flashing all the available EU-LBT firmwares but I was unable to bind with any off them.

I tried binding the S6R to a friend's LBT X9D-Plus and it bound instantly. So the S6R was OK.
I had S6R FW170217 (S6R_LBT_20170217.frk) loaded but it would not bind to the X9D.

The I remembered that I read somewhere that there is a bug and it will only bind to even numbered receivers. I changed the receiver number from 3 to 8 and to my surprise it bound instantly.

I hope this helps.
Last edited by Crash_Harry; Aug 24, 2017 at 01:58 PM. Reason: incomplete
Aug 29, 2017, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash_Harry
I bought a S6R with international firmware but I have an early Taranis X9D with the DH16V2 RF board and LBT firmware loaded. I tried flashing all the available EU-LBT firmwares but I was unable to bind with any off them.

I tried binding the S6R to a friend's LBT X9D-Plus and it bound instantly. So the S6R was OK.
I had S6R FW170217 (S6R_LBT_20170217.frk) loaded but it would not bind to the X9D.

The I remembered that I read somewhere that there is a bug and it will only bind to even numbered receivers. I changed the receiver number from 3 to 8 and to my surprise it bound instantly.

I hope this helps.
Hey Crash_Harry,

Thanks for your answer! I have a question for you: When you bring the S6R in binding mode, does the led flash red(and a constant green led)?
Because I have only the constant green LED...
This is the procedure I follow: Keep the faisafe button pressed while power on the receiver. Then the LED is just constant green... When I just power it on I get a red flashing LED...
How do you change the receiver number?

Thanks in advance!

Richard
Nov 03, 2017, 12:01 PM
Hi. I'm experiencing the same behavior (solid green led) when trying to bind. Were you able to fix it?