Aug 05, 2017, 01:34 AM
Thread OP
Yippee!

3 hrs and 154km fly by multicopter Foxtech GAIA 160-Hybrid Record-breaking Flight

GAIA UAV users FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/145323256036600/
For GAIA-Hybrid Purchasing Please consult via: [email protected]
More details about GAIA-Hybrid: https://www.foxtechfpv.com/gaia-160-h...
For Supplier Partnership please contact [email protected] with your introduction and well-known platform.

Foxtech is going to break the UAV flight time record with GAIA 160-Hybrid UAV &Bumblebee-Hybrid UAV. In order to mark the significance of these evolutionary drones, Foxtech is going to fly them across sea bay, the total range will be 154 km, and the total flight time will be more than 3 hours, we may encounter heavy wind or even rain conditions in this mission, but we believe that this flight will prove the reliability and potentials of this drone. More reports will be updated in this thread, welcome to share and follow.

Last edited by glassfox; Oct 15, 2017 at 08:22 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 05, 2017, 02:51 AM
Thread OP
Last edited by glassfox; Aug 05, 2017 at 03:14 AM.
Aug 05, 2017, 02:54 AM
Thread OP
In the past few months, Foxtech staffs have been working on a secret mission that could totally change the drone industry, that is , The Foxtech GAIA 160-Hybrid.

In the past few years, multicotpers were used in many industries like surveillance, aerophotography, filming and even agriculture and made great successes. However, no matter what we do to increase the power system efficiency, there is still a big limitation that hold the multicopter from flying longer range and longer time, that's the battery.
Even with the latest technology, the battery's capacity still can not meet the most industrial need
. Take mapping industry for example, by loading a 2 kg camera, the multicopter powered by battery can normally fly 20-35 minutes, then you have to land it and replace the battery.
to make the multicopter fly efficiency, at least 3 sets of battery, chargers and power supply will be necessary.
By seeing this problem, Foxtech has done great efforts on developing a reliable and long flight time multicopter that is 10 times better than the old products:GAIA 160-HYBRID

Last edited by glassfox; Aug 06, 2017 at 02:08 AM.
Aug 05, 2017, 02:58 AM
Thread OP
GAIA 160-HYBRID is a big hexacopter which uses high efficient motors and propellers and full carbon fiber light body. the most important feature is its on board generator system.
The generator system can generate 2000w power with only a 4kg weight, the power generation efficient is also a lot higher than the industry standard.
GAIA 160-Hybrid can load 8 kg load including fuel, the longest flight time will be more than 6 hours and how long it can fly is then related to the payload weight.
What need to be mentioned is the GAIA can fly with a speed over 15m/s
The test showed a 2 hour flight time with 5kg payload.
The invention of GAIA 160-Hybrid is a milestone in multicopter history and should be remembered.
In order to mark the significance of this evolutionary drone, Foxtech is going to fly GAIA 160 HYBRID across sea bay, the total range will be 154 km, and the total flight time will be more than 3 hours, we may encounter heavy wind or even rain conditions in this mission, but we believe that this flight will prove the reliability and potentials of this drone.

Aug 05, 2017, 02:58 AM
Thread OP
During our preparation and real flight, we will update the photos and videos on our facebook (Foxtechhobby)and youtube (Foxtechhobby), you are welcomed to give us suggestions and ideas.
Aug 05, 2017, 03:00 AM
Thread OP
Foxtech GAIA 160 Hybrid Drone 2 Hours Test Flight(6 hrs max)
Foxtech GAIA 160 Hybrid Drone 2 Hours Test Flight(6 hrs max) (4 min 5 sec)
Aug 05, 2017, 03:01 AM
Thread OP
Foxtech GAIA 160 and Bumblebee Hybrid crossing Sea bay notification
Foxtech GAIA 160 and Bumblebee Hybrid crossing Sea bay notification (4 min 21 sec)

First Report for Hybird UAV sea-crossing Flight (7 min 24 sec)
Last edited by glassfox; Aug 15, 2017 at 12:33 AM.
Aug 05, 2017, 07:48 PM
Wow! Very impressive, I see this becoming the future of drones. Just a quick question. Will the generator and fuel compartment be available for sale on its own? I was thinking of putting this on my quadcopter that is 1000mm and is capable of approximately 70 pounds of thrust. Also, what would be the output voltage of the whole system? Thank you!
Aug 05, 2017, 08:25 PM
Thread OP
the generator will be sold along, but it's not for heavy load, or the efficiency is very low.
just just it for long flight time and long range, and small load
for a quad the max flying weight will not be more than 18kg,
for the hexa like GAIA 160, the flying weight will be not more than 21kg
Aug 05, 2017, 08:28 PM
Thread OP
just curious why no one is interested in this project on RCG ,or it's a place only for hobby but nothing serious now!
Aug 05, 2017, 08:40 PM
Hello and thanks for the response. Total flying weight will only be 13kg. Will this work? Also what is the output voltage.
Aug 05, 2017, 10:19 PM
Micro all the flying things!
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassfox
Foxtech GAIA 160 and Bumblebee Hybrid crossing Sea bay notification
Fascinating giant hybrid drone project!

I like the idea of demonstrating performance by flying across Sea Bay. Reminds me of many historic flights across the English Channel, notably the human-powered Gossamer Albatross. I hope you have an excellent meteorologist, and a chase boat just in case.
Aug 05, 2017, 10:30 PM
I am interested, but like others waiting to learn of the results. The lead up is not as important as the results of the non stop flight.
Aug 06, 2017, 12:01 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by manavgandhi17
Hello and thanks for the response. Total flying weight will only be 13kg. Will this work? Also what is the output voltage.
output voltage is 48V, together with the generator, we also supply 1800 12S lipo, so if the fuel is out, you still can control and land it.

if the total flying weight is only 13kg,(with or without battery?) I suppose it will work, since normally I guess you mount 16000-22000mah 6S or 12S battery ,that's around 4-5kg, the generator unit is also about the same weight.

the calculation is like this :
if you multicopter can load 2x 22000mah 6s (1x 22000mah 12S )LIPO and fly over half an hour,
then you can use this generator.
but as we tested ,for a quadcopter, using 28 inch prop, the max flying weight with generator should not exceed 18kg
for a hexacopter using 28 inch prop, the max flying weight can not exceed 21kg.
the above is actually the test result of BUMBLEBEE hybrid and GAIA 160 hybrid.
we promote GAIA 160 first since it can load more weight.
with a light weight carbon rod and plate hexacopter frame, that's around 2kg.
your hexacpter hybrid will have over 10 kg payload capacity including the FUEL, tha't over 10 hrs flight time
by changing fuel weight into real payload, you can make your own balance about flight time and payload.

thanks
Jack
Aug 06, 2017, 12:04 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstorm
Fascinating giant hybrid drone project!

I like the idea of demonstrating performance by flying across Sea Bay. Reminds me of many historic flights across the English Channel, notably the human-powered Gossamer Albatross. I hope you have an excellent meteorologist, and a chase boat just in case.
I think the 154km flight is a longer range than English Channel, it will prove the reliability of this system,
so far , 3.5kg hrs onshore test, 20km on sea flight and many high speed fly tests were made.

but there is still some potential risks of this long flight. like turbulance , bad wind direction, rain and so on.
but the records are meant to be broke, so hope us good luck.!

Quick Reply