Aug 20, 2017, 07:46 AM
Might want to run up the fan in the ducting before you sheet the plane. Just to make sure.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2017, 08:28 AM
Thread OP
it will be fine.
Aug 23, 2017, 04:13 PM
killickb
CN, the paper ducting in my Savage F-4 and F-106 have held up perfectly but they are double and triple ply in some areas, glued together with Titebond. Looks like the Skyray duct is single ply -- have a kit coming so will soon find out!
Aug 23, 2017, 06:45 PM
Thread OP
I used poster board, then glued balsa stringers, and glued th poterboard to the wedge and stringers with titebond. No chance of it ever collapsing. The paper that comes with the kit is too thin imo.
Aug 23, 2017, 08:25 PM
Thread OP
Started on the sheeting today. I use titebond on the frames and stringers , then pin it down. If the sheeting tries to lift in certain places, I put a small drop of thin ca at the pin....works every time. after the titebond has hardened, you simply spin the t pins before you pull them out.
Aug 23, 2017, 08:42 PM
Thread OP
more pics.
Aug 23, 2017, 09:29 PM
Where are RBC Kits made? Are they Dutch or did I dream that?
Aug 23, 2017, 11:07 PM
Thread OP
my understanding is they come from Netherlands
Aug 24, 2017, 07:42 AM
killickb
Ah, the joys of planking, truly the art of real modelers. Hoping my kit is en route soon.
Aug 24, 2017, 02:12 PM
Hi,interesting build,
I got the kit as well, plan to start later this year.
Still flying the 70mm version.
Kits are made in Holland/Netherland.
Helge
Aug 24, 2017, 03:50 PM
Pro Hoarder
Just a FYI...here is RBC web page..and look what is on it now..crap
https://www.rbckits.com/shop/
Latest blog entry: In flight
Aug 24, 2017, 06:08 PM
Thread OP
I love the 162, and cant wait for them to release it. If you go to the ir facebook page they have the cad drawing showing all the formers. looks like a simple build.
Aug 24, 2017, 06:15 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut
Just a FYI...here is RBC web page..and look what is on it now..crap
https://www.rbckits.com/shop/
Why would you call it crap ? I think its great that their expanding the selection of 90mm edf kits !
Aug 24, 2017, 06:21 PM
I think he is saying oh crap another kit I have to buy.
He162s are cool. I have the CJM version getting refinished now.
Aug 24, 2017, 06:24 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by killickb
Ah, the joys of planking, truly the art of real modelers. Hoping my kit is en route soon.
The planking's not that bad, actually kind of enjoying it. This kit has been a joy to build. Just make sure to ignore the instructions. They are worthless. Study the picture files and plans instead, and you'll wind up with a fine model. hope yours comes soon, it would be nice to see how someone else does it. I'm ex Navy, so you know what livery mine will be.

Quick Reply