2017 Sawn Craft Air Race - Page 6 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Sep 09, 2017, 07:11 AM
AMA 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich
Wow if they fly half as good as they look then we are in for a treat.
Nice job
Thanks, rcrich! You guys are absolutely in for a treat! I'm just excited to get to fly them all for their trimming/tuning flights!
to remove ads between posts
Sep 19, 2017, 11:14 AM
A last minute dead car battery interrupted my plans to stop by to say goodbye to you guys. I know that I as well as the rest of the "Jersey Coast" guys enjoyed hanging out with you all last week. Hopefully things will work out and we will see you guys before next year's NEAT!
Sep 19, 2017, 11:54 AM
Gnd warning sensor needed
A BIG thank you to the Sawn Craft team for organizing a great fun race event, will try to miss the pylon next year!!!!!! Phil
Sep 19, 2017, 12:09 PM
215.0 MPH
A great event for sure! Thanks again for putting this event on, it is obvious the great care and planning it takes and the dozens of hour in plane preparation.
Sep 19, 2017, 12:36 PM
AMA 415
All of us here at Sawn Craft want to thank everyone that came out and either took part in, spectated at, or otherwise supported the Sawn Craft Air Race! Without all of your enthusiasm this event wouldn't happen!

Racers; I have to thank you for your preparedness before and during the event. Most of you took the opportunity to fly the aircraft before the race so that really helped to speed up the radio setup process during the race!

As expected, the racing was extremely competitive and even into the final race we saw that just about anything can happen!

If anyone has photos or videos of the racing action, please post them here so we can all relive the excitement!

Special thanks go out to Tom Hunt and the NEAT Fair for the opportunity to once again shut down the Slow Fly Flight Line to run this event! Also, we have to thank the JCSF crew for the use of the PA system and for your huge help during the race! With any luck we'll get to do this again next year!

The race aircraft, the Rebuttal 32, is live on SawnCraft.com and is available for pre-order now so if you didn't win one during the race or purchase one of the race planes, you can get your own! Use the coupon code "AirRace20" at checkout to save 20%!

2017 Sawn Craft Air Race Lineup (0 min 12 sec)
Sep 19, 2017, 01:02 PM
Thanks Jonathan and the rest of the Sawn Craft crew for a fun and well-organized event! Although I didn't make it out of the first round I still had a great time! The Rebuttal 32 flies great - about a half of the fleet was taken home by JCSF members!!!

Looking forward to next year's race

Rob
Sep 21, 2017, 08:28 PM
AMA 415
For those of you that are curious, here are the results from the race. There may be a placing or two that are wrong up in the first round, but beyond that they should be spot on!
Sep 26, 2017, 10:34 PM
I know double posting in the same forum is frowned upon, but the video really belongs in this thread, so here it is:

NEAT Fair 2017 - Sawn Craft Pylon Races (6 min 46 sec)

Thx!
Mike C.
Sep 27, 2017, 06:30 AM
Now that's a low pass !!
Nice work Sandy and Mike. Thanks for sharing..
Oct 24, 2017, 04:28 PM
I flew my Rebuttal 32 indoors today at Ultimate Soccer in Michigan. Full size soccer field. Very comfortable in that size space!
Oct 24, 2017, 08:52 PM
AMA 415
That's great to hear, Pete!

Indoor venues are opening up very soon in our area so I'm sure we'll see lots of Rebuttals taking to the air!