2017 Sawn Craft Air Race - Page 5 - RC Groups
Aug 25, 2017, 12:47 PM
zoom-zoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhillag1
I'm really surprise at the lack of New Yorkers considering all the pilots from LI and the city that attend this event....
Last year I was working the flight line and missed this even.
If I'm not on duty on the main flight line I will definitely come down to see some pylon racing.

Frank, also team member of HuntGrunt.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 25, 2017, 02:22 PM
Hi Jonathan,

I'm not sure if you have a backup pilot list for the event, but in case you do please put down Bob Keibley. Somehow he missed the email where I told all my guys about the race and didn't sign up in time

Rob
Aug 27, 2017, 10:47 PM
Team Futaba
Hey Rob missed your post a few pages back.... Dave Lockhart and I will be there ready to race !!!
Sep 01, 2017, 12:08 PM
AMA 415
Pilots, look for an email from me in the next few days with all of the information that you'll need for the race!

We'll be finishing up the last of the race aircraft this weekend and then can start getting the rest of the NEAT preparations started!
Sep 01, 2017, 12:21 PM
Yeah - the race is two weeks from today

Thanks for all the hard work guys!

Rob
Sep 02, 2017, 08:12 PM
Now that's a low pass !!
Hope everyone if getting out the race helmets, g-suits, googles and planning on some practice this week. After looking at the entries it looks like it's going be a real barn burner..
Sep 04, 2017, 02:20 PM
Now that's a low pass !!
Rumor has it that the New Jersey guys have there own pylons and are practicing as I type.. Man these guys are serious..
Sep 04, 2017, 09:15 PM
AMA 415
The race planes are finished and are sporting their racing numbers! Pilot packets have been assembled and it looks like we'll have time to clean the workshop before leaving for NEAT on Sunday!

This beauty pictured will be donated to NEAT for the pilot raffle so even if you aren't racing you'll have a chance to win your own Rebuttal 32!
Sep 04, 2017, 10:06 PM
When pigs fly rc
Sweet
Sep 06, 2017, 07:49 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Guys there will be shirts for the mass warbird launch!!!!!.... Reserve them now, the order is being placed tonight and we will have extras but no guarantees on the size availability if you don't reserve one...

Go to this thread to confirm order

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Launch-t-shirt
Sep 06, 2017, 10:55 PM
AMA 415
Pilot packet email went out tonight so if you didn't get it please let me know!
Sep 08, 2017, 03:30 PM
AMA 415
All of the race planes have been packed, but not before a quick photo of the group as a whole!

I can't wait to unpack this fleet and get them flying at NEAT!
Sep 08, 2017, 03:41 PM
Awesome looking fleet! I especially like the yellow and black #5 (doubt I'm alone there).

BTW for those who are buying are you getting them based on luck of the draw or do you get to request a particular one?

See you Sunday!

Rob
Sep 08, 2017, 11:06 PM
When pigs fly rc
Wow if they fly half as good as they look then we are in for a treat.
Nice job
Sep 09, 2017, 07:10 AM
AMA 415
Emails have gone out to all pilots that have already purchased aircraft asking for their color selections. Pre-paid purchases will get the priority in picking their aircraft to "take home" so if you want one in particular there is still time to reserve it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob
Awesome looking fleet! I especially like the yellow and black #5 (doubt I'm alone there).

BTW for those who are buying are you getting them based on luck of the draw or do you get to request a particular one?

See you Sunday!

Rob