2017 Sawn Craft Air Race - Page 2 - RC Groups
Aug 08, 2017, 09:04 PM
Im in as long as Im not working the flight line

Alan W
Team HuntGrunt
to remove ads between posts
Aug 09, 2017, 08:26 AM
AMA 415
In total I am building 14 identical (except for color) Rebuttal 32's for the air racing. The plan is to use 12 of those during the race and to have two extras on stand-by in the event of an issue.

At this point there are plenty of aircraft still available to purchase after the race and remember that they come with the LiPo so you are totally BNF!

Here is the list of registered pilots that I have logged. The count is 19 pilots so only 5 spots remain!

Dan Reidy
Michael Muzzy
Stuart Katz
Pete Foss
Peter Cottrell
Adam Lilley
Mark Berardo
Dave Lockhart
Devin McGrath
Alan Reed
Dave Mauger
Chris Tall
Tony Silvestri
Rob Kallok
Gary Swist
Rich Roland
Ed Berchtold
Jason Cline
Charles Safarian
Aug 09, 2017, 09:57 AM
Wow - that's great! We're still over a month away and the contest is already almost full. I'm glad to see my guys are well represented for the event!

Hmmm... I see Dave and Devin are competing this year - will definitely make things interesting (not that pylon is necessarily their thing but they're just excellent pilots). That just mean the rest of us will have to bring our "A-Game" to the race!

Rob
Aug 09, 2017, 11:01 AM
Yup with Adam in there we may be racing for 4th <vbg>.
Aug 09, 2017, 12:11 PM
AMA 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss
Yup with Adam in there we may be racing for 4th <vbg>.
Last year we saw some really good racing and some unexpected upsets so I'm excited to see what happens!

Remember, only two pilots per heat advance to the next round so it is possible for anyone to move on to (or miss out on) the "big dance"!
Aug 09, 2017, 01:25 PM
You're killin' me Smalls
In a crowded heat ace pilots get tangled with other pilots all the time.
Aug 09, 2017, 08:55 PM
Finally remembered to register for this Had fun even though I didn't even get out of my heat last year.
Aug 10, 2017, 12:41 PM
I just sent my registration form in. I hope I was in time for one of the remaining slots!

Joe.
Aug 10, 2017, 01:03 PM
AMA 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malinchak
I just sent my registration form in. I hope I was in time for one of the remaining slots!

Joe.
Joe, your registration was #21 so you are in!

Only three registration slots remain so now really is the time to send in your registration form and payment if you've been on the fence about participating!
Aug 10, 2017, 01:09 PM
Thanks, it should be a great time!
Aug 11, 2017, 05:59 PM
Ready to Rumble! Missed the fun last year but now I'm in.
d
Aug 11, 2017, 09:18 PM
Nice! That makes nine JCSF guys in the race. Did any of the Bergen guys sign up yet?

Rob
Aug 11, 2017, 10:53 PM
AMA 415
Fresh paint! Build sessions are scheduled for the next days to get all 15 planes built!

We got the 22nd entry today!
Aug 11, 2017, 11:06 PM
There are some very cool color schemes there!

Rob
Aug 13, 2017, 04:03 PM
Now that's a low pass !!
Just stopped by the "factory" and noted that the photos don't due the paint schemes justice, wait until you see these things out in the daylight. The pilots may need tinted goggles for this event!!!