2017 Sawn Craft Air Race - RC Groups
Aug 04, 2017, 07:38 PM
AMA 415
Discussion

2017 Sawn Craft Air Race

We are extremely excited to announce that Sawn Craft will be holding the Sawn Craft Air Race again this year on Friday, September 15 from 1:15pm until 3pm on the Slow Flyer Flight Line!

We are building off of the success of last year's event and coming back with some minor tweaks that we are sure will make the event run even more smoothly and will be better for spectators and pilots alike! The key difference of note is that this year we will be flying our brand new yet to be released model that we are calling the Rebuttal 32! This model looks the part of an air racer and is larger than the 24" models from last year so it will handle the winds a bit better. As a bonus, the Rebuttal 32 is an outstanding 3D aircraft to enjoy after the racing has finished!

The Sawn Craft Air Race is a fun, two-pylon race that features a cash prize to the winner as well as lots of merchandise prizes for other pilots!

The field is limited to the first 24 pilots that register in order to keep the event duration to a manageable level. A $15 entry fee gets you into the action! Don't wait to get your entry form in because spots are extremely limited: last year's event had a waiting list of pilots that missed out!

All race aircraft will be built to Sawn Craft factory spec's and are provided to the pilots prior to each race. As a pilot, all you need to bring is your DSM2-compatible TX and a bind plug! Aircraft will be randomly assigned to each pilot each qualifying race in order to keep the racing as even as possible.

Complete race details and rules can be found: Click Here

Registration form can be found: Click Here

Just like last year, all of the race aircraft are available for purchase at a significant discount over retail. Be sure to reserve yours when you submit your registration form because they too sold out last year!

If you have any questions regarding the Sawn Craft Air Race please feel free to send me an email and we'll get back to you as soon as possible! Jonathan@Sawn-Craft.com

I'll keep this thread up-to-date on any changes or information that you may need, but you can also check out the Air Race page on SawnCraft.com for updates in real-time!

We have to thank Tom Hunt and the NEAT Fair staff for working with us to make this happen again this year! We also wouldn't have been able to run the event without the help of the JCSF crew! Thank you to you all! Lets go racing!
Last edited by Sawn Craft; Aug 04, 2017 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Fixed links
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2017, 09:03 PM
Done! And I'm not taking any chances - bought the plane now

BTW the registration form carried over some data from last year - it still references a single and twin model to buy (for $80 and $100 respectively). I entered the single price - please make adjustments if needed

BTW JCSF will be happy to help again this year - at the very least we'll have the pylons and PA system.

Rob
Aug 04, 2017, 09:04 PM
BTW did I notice a new SawnCraft logo on your website???

Rob
Aug 04, 2017, 09:07 PM
AMA 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob
Done! And I'm not taking any chances - bought the plane now

BTW the registration form carried over some data from last year - it still references a single and twin model to buy (for $80 and $100 respectively). I entered the single price - please make adjustments if needed

BTW JCSF will be happy to help again this year - at the very least we'll have the pylons and PA system.

Rob
Thanks for being the first pilot entered, Rob! You had a couple of others right on your heels!

Take a look at the links for the rules and registration now; the old links must have held on for some reason, but should be good now!
Aug 04, 2017, 09:08 PM
AMA 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob
BTW did I notice a new SawnCraft logo on your website???

Rob
Why yes, SawnCraft.com has gotten a little bit of a face lift that includes a new modern logo. I figure that sports teams can have their "3rd jerseys" so why can't we?!
Aug 05, 2017, 07:42 AM
Updated on schedule.

CD
Aug 05, 2017, 07:59 AM
Registered and paid!

"Sneaky Pete" Foss
Aug 05, 2017, 02:21 PM
Paid, registration will follow via mail
Ed B. aka ice cream Ed
Aug 07, 2017, 09:59 PM
AMA 415
First off, I have to say that I'm blown away by the initial surge of entries that I received for this year's Air Race! As of right now we have half of the entries filled!

Based on the entries that I have so far it looks like we are going to have a NJ vs. VT battle with five pilots from each state entered! Toss in one from CT and one from MI to mix things up! Come on NY and the rest of New England; don't wait to register because the slots are going quick!

All of the Rebuttal 32's are in the paint booth getting their racing colors so look for more when they start coming together a bit more!
Aug 08, 2017, 10:25 AM
When pigs fly rc
Tony and I will race again this year
Will pay now
Aug 08, 2017, 11:46 AM
You're killin' me Smalls
sent
Aug 08, 2017, 02:38 PM
Team Futaba
Registered and paid

Sounds like fun!

Devin McGrath
Aug 08, 2017, 02:52 PM
Hey Jonathan,

Out of curiosity how many many racers are you building for NEAT, and how many have been spoken for after the race?

Thanks!

Rob
Aug 08, 2017, 03:45 PM
Jonathan,

Can you publish who's signed up thus far? I want to see who from our side maybe didn't get the word yet - want to be sure they don't miss out!

Rob
Aug 08, 2017, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrich
Tony and I will race again this year
Will pay now
I cannot wait !!! I need to redeem myself from last years epic wind fail. nice rolling take off, to first turn, to downwind crash and burn !!!

It was over for me in 3 seconds