Expresscraft's new series - Page 2 - RC Groups
Aug 12, 2017, 05:00 PM

Sea Ray molds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expresscraft
Nothing scale like this, We do make bigger RC boats. These were Originally made to be desk top models. For real sea ray Boat owners to buy. With today's electric I figured they would make a great subject matter for modelers. Weather they choose to power them or not.
I was talking about the sea ray molds. Im trying to decide if I should pull the trigger on the pachanga or wait to see what other sea ray models you have molds for.
Bob
to remove ads between posts
Aug 13, 2017, 05:27 AM
I am trying to figure out how many I have as well. Be careful, now that I have 3 out of the mold I want to build them all and a dock Diorama on my yard with all of them. Now that I have my site back up, As we get more orders for our Big RC boats, there will be less time to pursue these. We will make what we can, But so far On the 2 forums I have posted them there is little interest. So they will stay pretty Rare and that's a good feature for those that do build them nicely.
Aug 15, 2017, 01:56 PM
Here is a bigger one we make, with a lot of modeling fun. Our 58" Sun Seeker. Longer when you add the swim platform, She is 23" wide and is just a fun boat with endless detailing when not playing with her on the water. these boats are 450.00 They are dine in white gel coat and nice hand laid fiberglass for a great foundation to work and play with. This one in the video is piwered by a stock 231 Zenoha and a Bonzi Clutch.
Movie 0001 (2 min 45 sec)
Aug 15, 2017, 10:14 PM
This is so cool! If you ever do a 1999 210 Signature Bowrider I'm in for that (its my actual boat).
Aug 16, 2017, 09:07 AM
Post pictures of it.
Aug 16, 2017, 09:18 AM
1 better, does this look like yours? LOL just need to cut the deck out. this one is 15" long and is also 100.00 plus shipping.
Last edited by Expresscraft; Aug 16, 2017 at 12:16 PM.
Aug 16, 2017, 11:08 AM
Here's the ole' battlewagon... if this thing could talk (and I am glad it cant...)
Aug 16, 2017, 11:52 AM

Searay 310

I sent you some moola
Bob
Aug 16, 2017, 12:18 PM
Got it Bob will post a tracking number Tomorrow, Phil does this model look like your 210? the deck needs to be cut out still.
Aug 16, 2017, 01:20 PM
Close - I think there were 3 configs of them back in 99. One of them might have had the seperate seats like shown, but I am not sure. The one we have (and the one I see the most of) has a straight bench across the back with a sun lounge pad. The hull also has a step in the chine right below the forward arc graphic.

Hopefully the pics below help.

Oh and the third seating option was some weird L shaped bench that wrapped around the whole left side/back of the cockpit.
Aug 16, 2017, 01:46 PM
I think this is it, these molds are from the 90's as well, the seats you would have to scratch build. But I think the foundation to do your boat is there. Even Sea Ray only makes small changes year to year.
Aug 18, 2017, 07:37 AM
Bob , Thanks for getting the 310ss I hope you love it. We are going to make another one , as well as some other smaller boats we have, We are not known for these. I hope you will keep us posted right here in this thread about this new series of models to spark some interest. I will start posting pics of the making of the hulls and decks as well. and any neat things I find. thanks Again...Tom.
Aug 18, 2017, 01:12 PM
Will do.
I ordered two outdrives from a proboat mini v. Im taking a chance they will be about the correct size. I plan on it being remote control.
Bob
Aug 19, 2017, 05:53 PM
I looked at pictures of the mini vee, should be a good chance they work, the video of the one running with a 3s pack was fast.
Aug 19, 2017, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expresscraft
I looked at pictures of the mini vee, should be a good chance they work, the video of the one running with a 3s pack was fast.
Not looking for fast as much as semi scale appearing. I bought an extra outdrive I may attempt to modify a little. I think I will be using a 2 s lipo, dynamite brushed speed control, (lipo ready) dx2e but not sure on the motors yet. I have two kyosho lemans dm 20's that are small enough to water cool. But not sure if the props will be too much for them. Testing testing testing.
Bob