Expresscraft's new series - RC Groups
Aug 04, 2017, 03:34 PM
Discussion

Expresscraft's new series

Expresscraft will be coming back, We are very well known for big gas boats but this one will be fun for boat Modelers. First boat in this line up is a 1990 Sea Ray 310 EC express cruiser, This foundation was made from Sea Ray's molds that they gave to me many years ago, Of course electric was not were it is today and we could not keep up with our gas boat sales. So I never really pursued this market, But I know this stuff is not really Available anywhere else. We are not taking orders for boats, we will build what we can when we can and that is what we will have for sale. If course I will listen to customers wants, But on this comeback trail I had a stroke, and I want to keep this whole thing stress free. Like our customers I want to have a great time with model boating, this stuff is not on our web site. here are pictures of the real boat and the deck and hull you get from Expresscraft, this model is 22 3/4" long and is a 100.00 made out of fiberglass. This is just a great foundation to build from, weather you build static or RC is up to you. Really looking forward to some great builds, I will be posting more (Builders Dream series Boats) soon.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2017, 04:21 PM
GET BACK IN THE SHOP!!!!!!
Great news! Looking forward to the builds.

I HIGHLY suggest a medium sized sport fisher next. Not something 48"......Try 32"-36. Maybe, one that could be either express or convertible like the full size companies do.

32 Luhrs for example would be a great size in 1:12.........

You could even offer a center console version in 1:10 or 1:8 using the same hull......

Have some fun with this and take a poll to see what builders want.........................
Aug 04, 2017, 07:20 PM
boat butcher

Mark
Aug 04, 2017, 09:08 PM
These are Sea ray molds, Not anything I am making other then parts, My hobby shop was near there merritt Island plant and I helped in there model Department, When Sea Ray Discontinued there model shop I got there molds. For them these were static display models that sold for over 2,000.00 to new buyers of these boats, So what I have size and all is what I have, But they will be available for modelers to do with what they want, With today's electric power I think making them nice and RC will be very doable. I have a lot of there molds and will start posting them on this thread to show what I have. Please do not take this as not listening to customers, But I have to keep up with sales as well, so making new boats is a lot of work, and really over all these will be new boats as they have never been offered before. Simply a boat modelers Dream series . they will not be for everyone.
Last edited by Expresscraft; Aug 05, 2017 at 09:03 AM.
Aug 04, 2017, 11:35 PM
GET BACK IN THE SHOP!!!!!!
Gotcha. seem to remember you talking about these some time ago.. Looking forward to see what you have coming...

D
Aug 05, 2017, 12:31 PM
I did mention these a while back, then I had a stroke, so that through a wrench in the program, But now that we are coming back, I am going to do things a little different, We will build what we can when we can and sell what we build. I am going to keep the stress out and just do what I love. We do have a new guy coming in tomorrow. If he works out, and trains well, then we will have more of our product line available again sooner. Hand laid stuff is more then just feeding material and flipping a switch, So it's cool to see and show how important you modelers are in today's world, very few can do what all of us do anymore,
Aug 07, 2017, 09:15 AM
The Sea ray 310SS is another one we have, this is a model of a 1991-92 31 foot very nice boat. there are a ton of pictures for scale modeling all over the internet of this boat. I will keep posting boats as I have the parts to show what we can offer. Hope they get your wheels turning on how cool of projects these boats can be. This model is 23" long. 100.00 each for a deck and a hull. pay pal is info@expresscraft.com and we are back up and running now. got the right help and ready to take orders.
Aug 10, 2017, 09:56 AM
Ok , what about the Pachanga 32, this boat is a dream in itself, Unless you do not like to play. Model is 22" long. I bet the woman in your life will love this subject matter then anything else you are working on...Modeling anyways...LOL, 100.00 deck and hull, Pay pal is info@expresscraft.com and we can now make these boats, more will be coming.
Last edited by Expresscraft; Aug 10, 2017 at 10:09 AM.
Aug 10, 2017, 12:55 PM

Pachanga

So that makes the pachanga about 1/18th scale?
Bob
Aug 10, 2017, 01:20 PM
boat butcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expresscraft
I did mention these a while back, then I had a stroke, so that through a wrench in the program, But now that we are coming back, I am going to do things a little different, We will build what we can when we can and sell what we build. I am going to keep the stress out and just do what I love. We do have a new guy coming in tomorrow. If he works out, and trains well, then we will have more of our product line available again sooner. Hand laid stuff is more then just feeding material and flipping a switch, So it's cool to see and show how important you modelers are in today's world, very few can do what all of us do anymore,

Mark
Aug 10, 2017, 03:14 PM
Mark that is old news already...LOL we are back, stronger then ever.The new guy is the help we needed. I will be posting these new boats often, We are now taking Orders and the big boats we are known for are on the building tables. Bob I am trusting your math, I get to call brain damage on the scale, to many fiberglass fumes. There are a lot of good pictures out there to model these boats after for scale. I will be posting some of the stuff I have about that as well if and when these models take off. I have not posted these on the real boat sites yet either, I think people that own these boats will love these models, Maybe make some of them become modelers giving them a try.
Aug 10, 2017, 06:18 PM

Pachanga

You have any pictures of what the dealers were doing with the hulls or were they supplying them as is?
Oh ya I forgot the fumes... LOL
Bob
Aug 10, 2017, 09:50 PM
Bob, when I helped Sea Rays model department they were a year behind on filling orders for these boats, They costed over 2,000 a boat but they were completely finished static models. there was a full time employee they had that did the finish work from the fiberglass parts like these, One of the jobs was joining the hull and deck then filling and spray patching the seam. after that it was all scratch building seats,windshields and details. I started helping only because I had a local hobby shop, built boats and had sea ray customers that talked about me, So I was called to see if I could help, and I did over the years, somewhere in there they got a new CEO and they got ride of the Model department and I was given a lot of molds,Not all of them, But a nice line. Even after owning a hobby shop since 1989. I have never seen models like these available to the public before.scratch building is great.
Last edited by Expresscraft; Aug 10, 2017 at 10:16 PM.
Aug 12, 2017, 12:56 AM

pachanga

I am interested in the pachanga but are any of the molds you got larger, maybe in the 30-36 inch range?
Bob
Aug 12, 2017, 01:18 AM
Nothing scale like this, We do make bigger RC boats. These were Originally made to be desk top models. For real sea ray Boat owners to buy. With today's electric I figured they would make a great subject matter for modelers. Weather they choose to power them or not.