Aug 04, 2017, 01:51 PM
Thread OP
Gallery

Experimental Airlines Axon FPV

Hi
Just finished my Experimental Airlines FPV Axon and I thought I would post some photos os some modifications that I did.
The motor mount is 3d printed out of PLA, and is mounted to a 1/2 in square basswood.
The motor angle is 10 degrees although I also have a 5 degree mount, but the 10 degree one works well.
If there is interest I can post the files for the motor mount.
The motor I use is a Suppo 2212/6 2200kv, with a 6 x 4 prop.
The landing gear I use are the same size as the Great planes Dural gear for 0.40 size aircraft , but are made by The World Models MFG.
I found the gear at my local hobby shop, here is a link to an online source.
https://www.theworldmodels.com/store...ear-2x36x300mm
The landing gear is mounted on the seam between the 2 fuselage tube pieces.
The landing gear is mounted with rubber bands and is supported by 2 pieces of wood paint stick, one in front
and one behind.
There is also a piece of paint stick inside the fuselage tube covering the bottom of seam between the 2 tubes
The nose hatch is made from the scrap piece from making the nose sections from the fuselage tube.
The image below shows the cuts made to modify it
After the cuts the front and top was covered with foam board and sanded to match the contours of the rest of the fuselage.
The final modification is that I mounted the receiver in the fuselage tube in a hatch behind the motor.
The hatch construction is the same as the standard experimental airlines hatch
All the hatches are held closed with velcro.
Here is a link to the details about the design of this aircraft.
Experimental Airlines Axon
Tanner
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2018, 11:17 PM
Any flight videos ?

Quick Reply