Aug 04, 2017, 02:13 AM
FrSky-MKT - Forum Sponsor
Thread OP
New Product

FrSky New Arrival - G-RX8 Receiver

OVERVIEW
This receiver is designed to be used for the Gliders. FrSky built the variometer sensor into the RX8R receiver, this will give you telemetry data like altitude and vertical speed. The G-RX8 supports the redundancy function as well, this means you can add on another receiver to create a back-up in case one fails. In addition, it supports SBUS and PWM mode, you can switch between the 2 channels between very easily.

SPECIFICATION
  • Dimension: 55.26*17*8mm
  • Weight: 5.8g
  • Number of Channels: Up to 16 CH
  • Operating Voltage Range: 4.0 -10V
  • Operating Current: [email protected]
  • Operating Range: Full range
  • Firmware Upgradable
  • Compatibility: D16 mode

FEATURES
  • Integrate with high precision variometer sensor
  • Support redundancy function
  • Support telemetry data transmission
  • Switchable SBUS/PWM mode (1~8CH from PWM outputs and 1~16CH from SBUS output)

Early Bird Retail Price (Tax Excluded): 34.99 US$
G-RX8 Detail Link: https://www.frsky-rc.com/product/g-rx8/
Last edited by AndreaHuang; Aug 07, 2017 at 03:25 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2017, 03:29 AM
Carbo (-nator) ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaHuang
Information Update (20170725):
We apologize to everyone who actively participates in this event, due to the problems of this receiver, we still need some time to improve the firmware. So the event will be delayed to the initial of August, please be patient and we will update the information in time. Thanks for your understanding.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
OK, then some of us (including me) may have understood Free Test wrong. Indeed there will be beta testers, who buy it and test it, but free of charge for FrSky.
Aug 04, 2017, 04:25 AM
FrSky-MKT - Forum Sponsor
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allerhopp
OK, then some of us (including me) may have understood Free Test wrong. Indeed there will be beta testers, who buy it and test it, but free of charge for FrSky.
Hello sir,

Nice to know you, we have already chosen the free testers and sorry for my late information update. The free tester is different from the beta tester, the free tester will get the FrSky formal product. In following days, we will inform the testers gradually and they will receive the parcel recently. Thank you.
Aug 04, 2017, 06:04 AM
Carbo (-nator) ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaHuang
The free tester is different from the beta tester, the free tester will get the FrSky formal product. In following days, we will inform the testers gradually and they will receive the parcel recently. Thank you.
Always a pleasure. And kudos to your beta testers, they did all the necessary flight tests in admirable short time.
Aug 04, 2017, 06:30 AM
important for me (guess for many others too) is the slim design
Aug 04, 2017, 04:07 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Looks awesome.

Does it take the same smaller S.Port plug as the X4R? That's key for me for ESC telemetry for my electric launch gliders, I'd love to have a single standard wiring harness (right now I use 4 different ones to cover the various D & X series receivers I use)
Aug 05, 2017, 03:29 AM
Perfect product in theory! Hope it works out just as perfect 😀
Aug 05, 2017, 08:02 PM
What is the purpose of "Switchable SBUS/PWM mode (1~8CH from PWM outputs and 1~16CH from SBUS output)"? All other FRSKY 6 and 8 channel PWM/SBUS receivers support concurrent output from both PWM and SBUS, no switching needed.
Aug 05, 2017, 09:21 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01
What is the purpose of "Switchable SBUS/PWM mode (1~8CH from PWM outputs and 1~16CH from SBUS output)"? All other FRSKY 6 and 8 channel PWM/SBUS receivers support concurrent output from both PWM and SBUS, no switching needed.
Minimal size while offering both options. Same solution used on the X4R, except it's now selectable instead of hardwired.

It's pretty much a set once item, and if you really need the extra PWM output alongside the SBus outputs, you've got the larger RX8R and X8R
Aug 05, 2017, 09:58 PM
I still don't get it, I'm missing something. Looking at the picture this receiver seems to have 9 PWM channel outputs and an SBUS input and output, one more PWM output than a X8R for example. The X4 has a hardware choice between 4 PWM outputs and SBUS - limited by the plug connectors available. What is the reason this receiver has a switchable mode when all 9 PWM outputs (or 8 of them) could be active (I think) at the same time as SBUS, just like the X8R (for example).

Hopefully the power supply bus does not rely on a thin PCB track to get from one end to the other - like the X8R SPORT connector - and is robust enough to cope with the power source to be connected at either end.
Aug 06, 2017, 01:57 AM

FrSky New Arrival - G-RX8 Receiver

Use 8 pwm channels or 7 with Sbus on channel eight... not so difficult??
Aug 06, 2017, 04:03 AM
Can the specs be believed?

More narrow than a X4R (although longer) and the same weight?

If that's true then amazing! Just noticed T9 here in the UK have now added it to their website ready to order.
Aug 06, 2017, 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japie.G
Use 8 pwm channels or 7 with Sbus on channel eight... not so difficult??
Yep, it would have helped me to have looked more closely
Aug 06, 2017, 08:36 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpjf01
I still don't get it, I'm missing something. Looking at the picture this receiver seems to have 9 PWM channel outputs and an SBUS input and output, one more PWM output than a X8R for example. The X4 has a hardware choice between 4 PWM outputs and SBUS - limited by the plug connectors available. What is the reason this receiver has a switchable mode when all 9 PWM outputs (or 8 of them) could be active (I think) at the same time as SBUS, just like the X8R (for example).

Hopefully the power supply bus does not rely on a thin PCB track to get from one end to the other - like the X8R SPORT connector - and is robust enough to cope with the power source to be connected at either end.
It's got 7 dedicated PWM outputs, one selectable PWM/SBus output and 1 SBus input (for the redundancy feature, like the RX8R).

There would need to be another set of pins to get 8 PWM outputs and the other features.

The switchable mode makes a lot of sense, as it allows 1 version of the hardware with a simple selection of output at bind, so you get the best of both worlds (8ch pwm, or 7ch pwm + SBus). right now with the X4R you have to buy another unit to get the other option.
Sep 12, 2017, 02:23 PM
Jesper Frickmann
When will it be available?

Quick Reply