Tower Hobbies Sbach 3D EP - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Tower Hobbies Sbach 3D EP

The Sbach is a a 2-seat aerobatic aircraft with impressive performance. Captured in balsa and covering, this 49.5" version from Tower Hobbies will not disappoint!

Tower Hobbies Sbach 3D EP

A 49.5" Balsa Aerobat

Tower Hobbies has just introduced a new balsa built-up airframe for 3D pilots. The Tower Hobbies Sbach 3D EP is designed for electric power (Rimfire .32 and 75A esc) and requires four mini servos. The Tower Hobbies Sbach 3D EP assembles quickly and breaks down even quicker with a pair of thumb-screws that hold the wings in place. The Sbach retails for $149.99 and is scheduled for availability in early September, 2017.

CLICK HERE for more info on the Tower Hobbies Sbach 3D EP

Features:

• Designed for intermediate/advanced pilots.
  • Built-up all-wood construction.
  • Large, removable quick-access canopy/hatch for easy LiPo changes.
  • Removable wing panels for easy storage and transport.
  • Short, direct control linkages.
  • Factory-applied high-visibility trim scheme.
  • Fiberglass cowl and wheel pants add value and quality.
  • Dual servo aileron control.
  • Low parts count reduces overall assembly time.
  • The recommended power system provides an exceptional power-to-weight ratio for outstanding aerobatics.

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Aug 03, 2017 at 11:13 AM..
Aug 03, 2017, 02:44 PM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
This is a nice looking plane!
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Aug 03, 2017, 03:13 PM
DFS#000178
I'm glad someone's not afraid to put out balsa planes anymore.
Aug 03, 2017, 03:34 PM
I have no friends
Shame there wasn't some good 3D flying in the video to show off what it can do.
Aug 03, 2017, 04:38 PM
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
Looks like a sport plane to me. No counter valence on the rudder and the control surfaces look vary small especially the ailerons. And in the video I did not see any real 3D flying just a bunch of precision and sport flying.
Aug 03, 2017, 05:22 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
The hardware looks pretty lackluster. It would make more sense to have included ball links and g10 horns.
Aug 03, 2017, 07:29 PM
I have no friends
Also seems very heavy for the size with a 32 and 4s 3300-4000.
Aug 04, 2017, 12:31 AM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
My eyes! It hurts!

First: Sbachs are not all that great for 3D so they should stop labeling them as such. It will only end in disappointment.

Second: That's not an Sbach. It's a terribly proportioned thing that... I can't even... that's awful.
Aug 04, 2017, 10:18 AM
Team Hitec, Sales
Sbach's make for great 3D airplanes, their model counterparts often have to be scaled differently and dimensions adjusted because the full scale does not size down properly. The smaller the model, the funkier the dimensions.
Aug 04, 2017, 04:43 PM
Sure, they can do it after they've been stretched and modified into something that barely resembles the original. Sbachs are sexy. They have curves and lines that other planes just don't have. You take those away and it's just not an Sbach anymore. It's like someone looked at a Pagani and drew a potato.

I love Sbachs more than any other aircraft, ever. I've been flying them almost exclusively for years now. I've had at least a dozen at this point. I've even designed and built a few of my own but when I want to fly 3D, I fly a Slick.

Here's a great explanation from Cody from Twisted Hobbies. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...73&postcount=7
Aug 04, 2017, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
Sbach's make for great 3D airplanes, their model counterparts often have to be scaled differently and dimensions adjusted because the full scale does not size down properly. The smaller the model, the funkier the dimensions.
Oh a note of positivism! Thanks Xpress!

For heaven sake fellas this is a $150 shipped air plane and that's before coupons. Give it a break. Not everyone wants an all out 3d bird and or tie up a crap load of funds in the process. It will be a great flying plane capable of some 3d. From a marketing perspective that fits the masses a whole lot better. They have to make money and you want them to be in business. Without them you will be stuck buying crap straight from the china vendors.

I for one love the scheme. I will likely get one as I have the Extra 300 they came out with a couple of years ago and find it to be a good flying plane. All out 3d? Nope, but I don't have six or seven hundred tied up in it like my Extreme Flight stuff.

Remember, lots of folks on a budget. They want to have fun too and this is a good way to do it.

I started a thread before they put this article up. If you want to talk about the bird and not have to read past the fan boys, head on over.

Jay
Aug 04, 2017, 05:17 PM
Folks who simply want to see a plane marketed as 3D actually do some 3D are fanboys. Good to know.

I just want to see it look like an Sbach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpress..
The smaller the model, the funkier the dimensions.
And yet E-flite almost nailed it with the UMX. Doesn't do 3D worth beans, even with gyros, but it looks so good!
Aug 04, 2017, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One.
Folks who simply want to see a plane marketed as 3D actually do some 3D are fanboys. Good to know.
Well you should be happy then. It can do some 3d...
Aug 04, 2017, 06:03 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD One.
My eyes! It hurts!

First: Sbachs are not all that great for 3D so they should stop labeling them as such. It will only end in disappointment.

Second: That's not an Sbach. It's a terribly proportioned thing that... I can't even... that's awful.
My $150 Sbach can 3D (plus it looks beautiful to me )
Skyline Sbach 342 70E 60" (4 min 48 sec)
Last edited by ronaldopn; Aug 04, 2017 at 06:22 PM.
Aug 04, 2017, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daddict
Looks like a sport plane to me. No counter valence on the rudder and the control surfaces look vary small especially the ailerons. And in the video I did not see any real 3D flying just a bunch of precision and sport flying.
Typical post from one on the extreme hype train.