Thread Tools
Jul 20, 2019, 03:19 PM
Heligamist
BrokeDad's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyflyer
Well I ordered and received the black Spirit to put in the Blade 360 CFX 3s....thanks BrokeDad. So I would like to mount it with the wires coming out the top. The only place I see to mount the Spirit in that orientation looks like right on top of the Spektrum receiver. Does anyone know if this would it be acceptable to do this?
You can mount it any way you like even vertically or upside down. It's on the first page of the setup in the program where you tell it how it's mounted. I take it by saying Spektrum receiver you are using a full sized RX instead of a satellite ? Be aware you want to keep vibrations to it as low as possible.
Last edited by BrokeDad; Jul 20, 2019 at 03:24 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 20, 2019, 03:30 PM
All aboard Flight 666
grant22's Avatar
Ok, where are you guys buying these spirits? Direct looks like they’re on backorder, and I can’t find any other distributors
Jul 20, 2019, 03:36 PM
Heligamist
BrokeDad's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant22
Ok, where are you guys buying these spirits? Direct looks like theyíre on backorder, and I canít find any other distributors
I bought mine used. Here's one currently for sale for $100:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=837281
Jul 20, 2019, 03:45 PM
All aboard Flight 666
grant22's Avatar
Thx sir

I pm'd him to buy it.

If you happen to see a second one, give me a shout pls
Jul 20, 2019, 04:01 PM
Registered User
Harleyflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad
You can mount it any way you like even vertically or upside down. It's on the first page of the setup in the program where you tell it how it's mounted. I take it by saying Spektrum receiver you are using a full sized RX instead of a satellite ? Be aware you want to keep vibrations to it as low as possible.
OK, I didnít realize when I posted that I could just use a satellite receiver so I will just do that.

Thanks!
Jul 20, 2019, 05:12 PM
Registered User
Harleyflyer's Avatar
I have another question. So if I just use a Spektrum satellite receiver, Iím assuming I just plug the servo plugs directly into the Spirit and then I donít need to use the extra plug wires that come with the Spirit? (Iím assuming these extra wires are if you are using a full sized receiver?)
Jul 20, 2019, 05:32 PM
Heligamist
BrokeDad's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyflyer
I have another question. So if I just use a Spektrum satellite receiver, Iím assuming I just plug the servo plugs directly into the Spirit and then I donít need to use the extra plug wires that come with the Spirit? (Iím assuming these extra wires are if you are using a full sized receiver?)
I would recommend you go download the manual from the Spirit website to refer to. Here is a picture from the manual showing how to hook it up using a sat receiver.
Jul 20, 2019, 06:02 PM
Registered User
Harleyflyer's Avatar
I had downloaded and looked through the manual but I didnít see where it explained where to use the extra plugs. However, after looking at the section on Flybarless again, it looks like the extra plugs are if someone is using a standard receiver.

Thanks.
Jul 20, 2019, 06:25 PM
Heligamist
BrokeDad's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyflyer
I had downloaded and looked through the manual but I didnít see where it explained where to use the extra plugs. However, after looking at the section on Flybarless again, it looks like the extra plugs are if someone is using a standard receiver.

Thanks.
Yeah it's different for using a standard RX. You will only have five cables plugged in the standard servo pins. Four to the servos and one from the ESC that includes BEC power and the throttle signal wires. You can use an external BEC like mentioned on the page but most don't these days. Other than those just the sat plugged in the side with it's tiny cable.
Jul 20, 2019, 08:19 PM
Registered User
Harleyflyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDad
Yeah it's different for using a standard RX. You will only have five cables plugged in the standard servo pins. Four to the servos and one from the ESC that includes BEC power and the throttle signal wires. You can use an external BEC like mentioned on the page but most don't these days. Other than those just the sat plugged in the side with it's tiny cable.
Yes, itís great that it works with the single satellite receiver! 👍
Jul 24, 2019, 07:44 PM
All aboard Flight 666
grant22's Avatar
Brokedad or anyone who knows:

Iíll first admit Iím not a heli setup guy, since Iíve been on the Blade teet for a year.

Iím setting up my Spirit FBL Iíve acquired onto my new 360 3s

Blades manual states the swash is 'normal' and has proven to fly ok that way

Spirit doesnít have a normal in their setup choices. Choices are pictured.

Can anyone point me to the correct setup pls?
Jul 25, 2019, 03:46 AM
Heligamist
BrokeDad's Avatar
Thread OP
Select CCPM 120 in the Spirit software for the 360CFX. Leave it normal in the radio as the FBL will handle the mixing. If you need to reverse any channels also do that in the Spirit software not in the radio.
Jul 25, 2019, 08:03 AM
All aboard Flight 666
grant22's Avatar
Thx sir
Jul 25, 2019, 04:15 PM
All aboard Flight 666
grant22's Avatar
Brokedad

Would you be able to possibly email me your TX and Spirit settings for this helo?

I have updated, installed, wired, etc but though the steps in the wizard, it’s obvious I need to know helo setup and I just don’t.

If you’re able to help, pls feel free to contact me through pm

Thx in advance
Last edited by grant22; Jul 25, 2019 at 04:49 PM.
Jul 25, 2019, 04:33 PM
Heligamist
BrokeDad's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant22
Brokedad

Would you be able to possibly email me your TX and Spirit settings for this helo?

I have updated, installed, wired, etc but though the steps in the wizard, it’s obvious I need to know helo setup and I just don’t.

If you’re able to help, pls feel free to contact me through pm or email at [email protected]

Thx in advance
My radio settings are for a DX9 and my Spirit setup file is for an original 360CFX 6S model plus I have non-stock cyclic servos. So it's quite possible things might not match up with your stock 3S model.

I can tell you besides setting the radio at Normal for swash and CCPM 120 for swash type in the software I have Channels 2 and 3 reversed on the screen under the servos tab. Perhaps that will get things moving properly for you.
Last edited by BrokeDad; Jul 25, 2019 at 04:38 PM.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product New Blade 200 S Fixed Pitch FBL Announced in September Model Aviation Magazine Bajora Micro Helis 65 Mar 20, 2018 11:25 PM
Discussion Blade 360CFX 3 Blade Rotor gwlundgren Mini Helis 0 Dec 01, 2015 10:54 PM
Discussion Blade 360CFX Converting to 3 Blade Rotor - Swashplate Glitch gwlundgren Mini Helis 7 Aug 07, 2015 03:46 PM
Discussion Blade 360CFX Converting to 3 Blade Rotor - Glitch gwlundgren Mini Helis 1 Aug 02, 2015 09:46 PM