New Micro! The E-flite UMX Timber BNF Basic - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

New Micro! The E-flite UMX Timber BNF Basic

This little Timber is setup up with flaps, slats, tundra tires, an LED lighting system, and brushless power! Let's take a quick look at the 1.5m Timber's baby brother.

New Micro! The E-flite UMX Timber

Just a Pair of Tundra Tires With Wings

Who doesn't love the utilitarian look of a tail-dragger with big balloon tires? The E-flite Timber 1.5m quickly earned a place in many a modeler's hangar with it's great flight performance, awesome bushplane looks, and rugged styling. Now you can have those same features in a pint-sized version for $129.99 in BNF. The UMX Timber comes complete with relatively HUGE foam tundra tires, functional flaps, leading-edge slats, and an LED navigation lighting system.

Many modelers will rejoice at the included 180-sized brushless motor and room for a 200-280mAh 2S LiPo, making this little UMX a powerful aircraft for short takeoff runs. An added bonus is the optional floats for pool and pond touch and go's.

CLICK HERE for more info on the new UMX Timber.

Check out the RCGroups thread already in progress.

UMX Timber Features:

• Versatile performance with amazing STOL capabilities
  • Optional-use, leading edge slats for even shorter takeoffs and landings
  • Powerful 180-size, 3000Kv brushless outrunner motor
  • Stability and precision of AS3X technology and optional SAFE Select mode
  • Industry-leading Spektrum™ DSMX® 2.4GHz technology
  • Oversized functional flaps
  • Oversized wheels and durable landing gear
  • Brilliant LED light system installed
  • Ready to accept optional floats
  • Easy-access battery compartment
  • Steerable tail wheel
  • No Assembly Required

Last edited by Matt Gunn; Aug 03, 2017 at 11:18 AM..
Aug 03, 2017, 10:48 AM
Yvan
Next Shipment Early Sep!

I ordered one!

I already have floats for the UMX Timber.
Happy man.
Aug 03, 2017, 11:15 AM
RCGroups Editor
I definitely want one!
Aug 03, 2017, 01:33 PM
Qualified
Thats cool, I still have my UMX carbon cub too
Aug 03, 2017, 01:36 PM
This is so darned cute. Add a little all-in-one fpv tx and cam and it's a great option for sub 250 g FPV in Canada. I can't believe they went to the trouble of sticking lights into this! Bravo Horizon.
Aug 03, 2017, 01:45 PM
Have fun
The J-3 is a slight compromise coming from the CC. Without flaps and leds you get a flat bottomed wing and aero foiled vertical.
This Timber is the replacement that blew my expectations away. Horizon hobby still has it in them!
Aug 03, 2017, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifteer
... I can't believe they went to the trouble of sticking lights into this! Bravo Horizon.
Man, I'm so glad they did! For these UMX's, even with AS3X, the lower the wind the better and I find more low wind opportunities to fly dusk and dawn with lights. Today's LEDs are so light and inexpensive, it should be a requirement.
Aug 03, 2017, 01:52 PM
RCGroups Editor
Question gents: is the first UMX with flaps?
Aug 03, 2017, 02:01 PM
urban sloper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Gunn
Question gents: is the first UMX with flaps?
I don't believe its the first, they had out the umx carbon cub with flaps! This is way cooler in my opinion though!!
Aug 03, 2017, 02:13 PM
I'd rather be flying!
The UMX Carbon Cub SS was the first UMX plane with flaps. Excellent-flying true-scale-outline plane. I still have both of mine.

Really looking forward to this one, though! In fact, it was on my wishlist in the What AS3X aircraft would you like to see developed? thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
......Another one I'd like to see is a UMX version of the Timber 1.5m - with the LE slats, Hoerner tips, and actual Fowler flaps. Make it about the size the UMX C182, so it can use the same rotary micro servos - instead of the usual UM linear actuators. And give the cantilever wing an airfoil that's optimized for STOL - like the larger Timber has. Oh - and also give it a set of miniature articulated main gear w/tundra tires.

Joel
Joel
Aug 03, 2017, 02:24 PM
Looks like this one makes the Christmas wish list!! (If I can wait that long.. Hee hee).
Aug 03, 2017, 02:27 PM
Imperial Pilot
I wonder if the front landing gear is a straight swap into the J3 Cub?
Aug 03, 2017, 04:40 PM
yep this one will be fun. looking forward to it
Aug 03, 2017, 05:16 PM
Looks like that landing gear really dents the fuselage in the video . When it's sitting in the trees
Aug 03, 2017, 05:38 PM
Wish they included the floats...