MiniHub+ - S.Port Telemetry Hub for Frsky Radios - Page 2 - RC Groups
Aug 04, 2017, 05:35 AM
If it has wings it will fly...
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtman
My first giant scale build, so maybe a dumb question, ....I assume the stud temp sensors with the cm6 size do not exist??
I have the facility to make those temp sensors but theres no point to do so.

I dont like messing about with the spark, and by using one that fits under the spark means that you need to remove the washer that comes with the spark and fit the sensor with integrated washer instead.

If you dont remove the washer from the spark it will be located too high and will change the ignition effectiveness.

If you remove it and accidentally use it in a different engine with no temp sensor on the cm6 spark you may damage the piston.

Conduction of heat through the casing is high and considering the accuracy of the sensors there will be no evident difference as far as I'm concerned as long as you can securely place the sensor to touch the casing (NOT THE FINS)

So no point really...
Last edited by ckleanth; Aug 04, 2017 at 08:35 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2017, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the informative answers guys
Aug 06, 2017, 11:40 AM
Anyone got their package yet?
Aug 06, 2017, 12:56 PM
Can it fly? I'll try and see!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth
Mine just got through New York, maybe this week
Aug 07, 2017, 03:56 AM
Ersky9x Developer
Why "only" for openTx. Why won't this work with ersky9x?

Mike.
Aug 07, 2017, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blandford
Why "only" for openTx. Why won't this work with ersky9x?

Mike.
not tested it mike. It should but I'm not using ersky9x. Can I send you one to try?
Last edited by ckleanth; Aug 07, 2017 at 04:18 AM.
Aug 08, 2017, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth
Got mine, which is also the one for Bartman. I think they might have been in the mailbox a couple days....I'm lazy about these things.

Thanks again!
Aug 09, 2017, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8dav8r
Got mine, which is also the one for Bartman. I think they might have been in the mailbox a couple days....I'm lazy about these things.

Thanks again!
Awsome mate thanks for letting me know. Post pictures and any comments how you get on with it and any improvements to consider
Aug 10, 2017, 06:27 PM
George, I'm hooking my first one up right now, and I got to wondering.. will this accept 2S lipo through the S-port? I read the instructions and it says not to put more than 5v into the unit anywhere.

I'm runing all my planes on full 2S lipo setups straight into the FrSky RX. .. if these things need a BEC in front of them then they are basically useless to me
Aug 10, 2017, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryane67
George, I'm hooking my first one up right now, and I got to wondering.. will this accept 2S lipo through the S-port? I read the instructions and it says not to put more than 5v into the unit anywhere.

I'm runing all my planes on full 2S lipo setups straight into the FrSky RX. .. if these things need a BEC in front of them then they are basically useless to me
Had me spinning too.. I think we can go in through s-port w/ 2s, BUT not with sensors. Sensors and tach only running sig. and ground....... That's how I interpreted the manual
Aug 10, 2017, 07:56 PM
Yeah I saw both things in the manual and decided 'George is a 3d flyer, he's probably running these on direct 2s' and plugged it in.

Works.
Aug 10, 2017, 08:02 PM
Now to my observations:

Temp sensor works perfectly, as expected, the same as if I were to plug in the temp/brushless rpm s-port devices I have.

I have a couple of voltage dividers but I don't see myself using them permanently as rxbat in my situation gives me the info I need. I'll hook one up to test it out though.

RPM sensing... it works... but....... it's somehow back-feeding voltage into my ignition module despite only using the signal and ground wire on the extension. This plane has an EME35, so their ignition module is an Rcexl piece that has the RPM output so I'm plugged into that with my 2-wire extension. As soon as I connect the minihub to the rpm output, the LED for my ignition kill lights up. not good
Aug 10, 2017, 08:09 PM
no, not good. Keep us posted
Aug 10, 2017, 08:41 PM
it appears that the Rcexl opto kill switch works by switching the ground leg from the ignition box, not the positive.

as soon as I provide a gnd by connecting the minihub to the box, the electrons flow through this new ground instead of the one blocked by the optical switch.
Aug 10, 2017, 09:44 PM
I'm not using opto switch................