Mar 25, 2018, 03:04 PM
Disregard the above, rather than buy a thermistor and make my own, it looks to be easier to just get a Frsky TEMS-01 from Aloft.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 11, 2018, 08:07 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hi gents. I'm cobbling together a twin motor geek plane which I am stuffing with just about every sensor to satisfy my addiction to digital nonsense while isolating it to one plane and keeping my others simple and lightweight. I just need the long-discontinued TAS-01 gforce sensor that I hope to find in the classifieds, and have a smart port rx. So unless I can use the vario as a hub substitute (it has a legacy data in and data out in addition to smart port), I guess I need a hub. The other hub has a port labeled for accel, I don't see one here. But, like the analog voltage sensor, the other hub only has one smart port PWM whereas this has two. Can I use that sensor with this mini hub?

If not, for the other hub which appears only to have one smart port PWM, so that it's not a dead end in the sensor daisy chain, can I put a Y harness on it (as well as the analog voltage smart port sensors) or is life not that easy? Thanks!
Latest blog entry: Funcub Heavy
Apr 12, 2018, 08:07 PM
If it has wings it will fly...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Simmons
Hi gents. I'm cobbling together a twin motor geek plane which I am stuffing with just about every sensor to satisfy my addiction to digital nonsense while isolating it to one plane and keeping my others simple and lightweight. I just need the long-discontinued TAS-01 gforce sensor that I hope to find in the classifieds, and have a smart port rx. So unless I can use the vario as a hub substitute (it has a legacy data in and data out in addition to smart port), I guess I need a hub. The other hub has a port labeled for accel, I don't see one here. But, like the analog voltage sensor, the other hub only has one smart port PWM whereas this has two. Can I use that sensor with this mini hub?

If not, for the other hub which appears only to have one smart port PWM, so that it's not a dead end in the sensor daisy chain, can I put a Y harness on it (as well as the analog voltage smart port sensors) or is life not that easy? Thanks!
no you cannot put a Y harness, you can daisy chain the minihub with sport compatible devices but thats about it. the only comparison with the old frsky hub is the name, there is nothing compatible from the old frsky hub into the minihub apart from the temperature sensor. as for the old accelerometers, I have used them, pretty much irrelevant information as you dont have orientation and location of the model with time, just a bunch of data. you have to post process and calculate a vector in order to figure out where the max acceleration is, and then its the earth gravity pull that also changes the accelerometer values.

you would probably be far off using some kind of flight system unit (the stuff people use for multicopters etc) that got sensors and is better platform for modifications..
Apr 13, 2018, 08:50 AM

Minihub +2

Bought several of your minihub +2 from ALOFT and thus far great. I have successfully tested temps (T1/T2) and voltages (A3/A4), still awaiting time to test RPM. I'm using TechAero IBEC on RCXEL CDI Ignition w/Tach lead so looks pretty straight forward. I'll update this post with results once I finish the models up.

ckleanth/George, thank you for your hard work and taking over the project. Keep up the good work!

Paolo
Last edited by pdeberar; Apr 13, 2018 at 09:47 AM.
Oct 07, 2018, 09:39 PM
Aloft is out of stock. ckleanth, Do you have any idea when they will have them again?
Oct 13, 2018, 08:37 PM
Help please. I am having an issue reading temps beyond about 250F. I tried using various thermistors including the ones provided with the minihub and no success. I ran a test using the FrSKy Temp/RPM sensor and I was able to report 400F. I am running Open TX 2.2.2 on a Horus. Any setting that I am not aware of that I need to adjust in the TX? I am aware an engine can't run at 400F, just trying to read a gasser twin temps and I can't as once it hits 250F, the TX reports a bunch of characters, Thanks
Last edited by pdeberar; Oct 13, 2018 at 08:43 PM.
Oct 14, 2018, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdevince
Aloft is out of stock. ckleanth, Do you have any idea when they will have them again?
I have been having many issues with the Minihub and I am not the only one.... All 5 hubs in total and they all cannot report temps above 257F. Seems to be an issue and not getting any responses anywhere I have posted for help or guidance. It seems that the Minihub are perfect for Electrics, not so much for Gassers.

Try this Sensor Hub instead and I am sure you won't regret it. In case the link doesn't work search for AT-V1 Sensor Hub.

http://www.nghobbies.com/cart/index....1#.W8Pqtmj0mUk
Oct 14, 2018, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdeberar
I have been having many issues with the Minihub and I am not the only one.... All 5 hubs in total and they all cannot report temps above 257F. Seems to be an issue and not getting any responses anywhere I have posted for help or guidance. It seems that the Minihub are perfect for Electrics, not so much for Gassers.

Try this Sensor Hub instead and I am sure you won't regret it. In case the link doesn't work search for AT-V1 Sensor Hub.

thanks for the link. I will definitely give them a try. The frsky gas suite is not a good replacement for the N2 either.
Nov 28, 2018, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdevince
thanks for the link. I will definitely give them a try. The frsky gas suite is not a good replacement for the N2 either.
Right. I was quite disappointed with the price of the gas suite, and the fact that it has a useless fuel flow indicator. The only things we care about are RPM and temps. Gas flow is useless. So it'll warn us a couple of seconds before we run out of fuel. Pointless.
Nov 28, 2018, 05:34 PM
We have the AT-V1 SENSOR HUB in stock at Aloft, but not yet added to the site. Should be up soon.
Nov 28, 2018, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdeberar

I got a couple of the ATV1's. They are significantly better than the Frsky gas suite, and also better than the N2 Minihub+. The temp sensors are better suited to go under the spark plug of a gas engine than are the Frsky gas suite sensors. The temperature also doesn't overrange the way the N2 sensors did.

For the RPM, make a note of the the 60x multplier referenced in the instructions to get good readings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotozuk
We have the AT-V1 SENSOR HUB in stock at Aloft, but not yet added to the site. Should be up soon.
Good info for future purchases.
Jun 04, 2019, 10:48 PM
Anyone try this with an Evolution engine? I just put it in my Decathlon with an Evo 20GX and hooked it up to the tach output wire on the ignition with a male to male wire. The RPM is being reported at idle as 64 rpm, clearly, that's wrong. Do I have to use the wire that came with the ignition to hook it up?
Jun 04, 2019, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assocracer
Anyone try this with an Evolution engine? I just put it in my Decathlon with an Evo 20GX and hooked it up to the tach output wire on the ignition with a male to male wire. The RPM is being reported at idle as 64 rpm, clearly, that's wrong. Do I have to use the wire that came with the ignition to hook it up?
You have to put 60 into the multiplier field in opentx.
Jun 05, 2019, 12:04 AM
How do I do that on a Taranis?
Jun 05, 2019, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assocracer
How do I do that on a Taranis?
Go into your telemetry screen
Scroll down to RPM
Click on RPM
Scroll down to Multiplier
Click on Multiplier
put in 60