MiniHub+ - S.Port Telemetry Hub for Frsky Radios - RC Groups
Aug 03, 2017, 07:53 AM
If it has wings it will fly...
New Product

MiniHub+ - S.Port Telemetry Hub for Frsky Radios

I predominantly fly gasoline engine powered planes so it is important to me to use a device that work with the standard Tachometer leads from most gasoline engine ignitions. In addition monitor onboard voltage and engine temperatures.

This is what the new MiniHub+ (for FrSky/Taranis/Horus) does. It works with the standard Tachometer leads from most* gasoline engine ignitions . The ignition system has conditioned the signal and it is easily used for the MiniHub+'s RPM header.

The MiniHub+ has also two temperature ports (you will need the FrSky thermistors FrSky TEMS-01) and three voltage inputs (0 to 5v, currently you will need the frsky voltage step down circuit FrSky FBVS to measure up to 5S LiPo battery).

I'm working towards testing alternative thermistors and will create my own voltage divider and one of each will be included with a device. All that have purchased a device already will receive a thermistor and voltage divider FOC once i have them ready.

The MiniHub+2/4 (can be used for multi engines) and to use two devices daisy chained together it requires OpenTX 2.1+ due to telemetry sensor ID assignment)

Prices for the devices are shown below Note the prices are in GBP and exclude paypal fees, post and packaging.
MiniHub+ £25
MiniHub+2 £26

NB in the future there will only be MiniHub+4 and will cost £27

Prices above do not include postage and paypal fees
post and packing to the UK is £5.50 (same postage costs either you buy one or three)
post and packing to USA at the moment is £15 (same postage costs either one or three)

If you want more than three please let me know to get a postal quote

The PayPal fee for each transaction depends on the senderís Country but this is generally 5.0% of the total plus £0.20 of the amount I receive.
(NB I would like the payment in GBP please)

So for UK (including all fees and tracked post)
1x MiniHub+ is £32.23
3x MiniHub+ is £84.73

For USA (including all fees and tracked post)
1x MiniHub+ is £42.20 ($57.54)
3x MiniHub+ is £94.70 ($129.12)

If you would like to order please contact me via a PM

Thanks
George

* NB (However it does not work with the standard DA ignition. You will need the new ignition modules DA sells that has tacho output or use an Optical or IR sensor).
Last edited by ckleanth; Sep 11, 2017 at 04:49 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 03, 2017, 07:54 AM
Instruction Manual
Last edited by ckleanth; Nov 17, 2017 at 06:19 AM.
Aug 03, 2017, 07:57 AM
Reserved
Aug 03, 2017, 09:51 AM
Can it fly? I'll try and see!
Looking forward to receiving mine and finally getting some solid telemetry data for my gassers!
Aug 03, 2017, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryane67
Looking forward to receiving mine and finally getting some solid telemetry data for my gassers!
Yeah baby !!! Mine should be landing today or tomorrow!!! Can't wait
Aug 03, 2017, 03:45 PM
Awsome guys. Do let me know how you get on with it. Any questions please ask. Will try populate some guides and wiring setup but tbh its pretty much self explanatory and i did try to make the manual as thourough as possible..
Aug 03, 2017, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth
Awsome guys. Do let me know how you get on with it. Any questions please ask. Will try populate some guides and wiring setup but tbh its pretty much self explanatory and i did try to make the manual as thourough as possible..
My first giant scale build, so maybe a dumb question, ....I assume the stud temp sensors with the c6 size do not exist??
Last edited by brtman; Aug 03, 2017 at 06:40 PM.
Aug 03, 2017, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtman
My first giant scale build, so maybe a dumb question, but maybe a clearer explanation of the temp sensor mod....I assume the stud temp sensors with the c6 size do not exist??
https://www.readymaderc.com/store/in...oducts_id=2456

is the temp sensor. clip the connector end off it, put a normal servo connector on in place (use the outside two pins not the middle one) and plug it into the hub.. done!

You'll want the temp sensor part on the back wall of the cylinder. If you see in George's picture, the sensor sits behind the cylinder and he has it held in place with heat shrunk zip ties.
Aug 03, 2017, 06:22 PM
Guys, I've just put some more pictures of the required sensors.
Aug 03, 2017, 06:24 PM
Last edited by brtman; Aug 03, 2017 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Pics are now posted
Aug 03, 2017, 06:28 PM
oldmanquad
I like to use this one on my gassers

https://www.frsky-rc.com/product/rpm/
Last edited by oldmanquad; Aug 03, 2017 at 06:36 PM.
Aug 03, 2017, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtman
So heat shrink around the sensor, I think I was told. Put sensor in back under exhaust port. Then heat shrunk zip ties ?
Remember there's no rule to fit the sensors how I fit them, this what i do and has worked for me hence why i suggest this method. Personally:

I heat shrink around the sensor wires to protect the wire shielding.

Heat shrink around the zip tie to protect it (questionable but works for me)

Position the sensor(s) under the exhaust port or as close as possible.

Thats it.
Aug 03, 2017, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanquad
I like to use this one on my gassers

https://www.frsky-rc.com/product/rpm/
Yea but thats for electric motors, rpm don't work with tacho and no voltage sensors..
Aug 03, 2017, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckleanth
Yea but thats for electric motors, rpm don't work with tacho and no voltage sensors..
Yep I bought three of those for the temp sensors, and s-port into my rx's then two days later I see a post on Facebook that you are developing this..

Well at least I can use the sensors plus the multiple voltage sensor input is great if you have ignition battery and rx battery.