Aug 03, 2017, 09:12 PM
Fine! I see how it's going to be!! Horizon wants me divorced and in the poorhouse! Quit making planes I can't not purchase! Curse you Matt Andren!!!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 03, 2017, 09:13 PM
Yvan
New photos!
It will be easy to throw it by hand the little Timber!
Aug 03, 2017, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roversgonemad
Fine! I see how it's going to be!! Horizon wants me divorced and in the poorhouse! Quit making planes I can't not purchase! Curse you Matt Andren!!!
+1!!

Just on UMX's...I still want/don't yet have:
P51
WACO
Wildcat
A10

But the Timber has gone straight to top of the list....mostly because of my yard flying.

Just a matter of time until we see a 2s BL Corsair or P40 to round out the UMX warbird stable.
Aug 03, 2017, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Flynow
+1!!

Just on UMX's...I still want/don't yet have:
P51
WACO
Wildcat
A10

But the Timber has gone straight to top of the list....mostly because of my yard flying.

Just a matter of time until we see a 2s BL Corsair or P40 to round out the UMX warbird stable.
I'd like a lil Timby and a Waco.

Wish list - F8F and FW-190
Aug 03, 2017, 09:29 PM
I think we need a redo on the umx radian to give it LEDs flaps n ailerons but I really like the A10 my buddy flew at the club. Umx auto gyro would be neat aswell
Aug 03, 2017, 09:39 PM
Oh the pain. I was just thinking about buying the UMX J3 Cub so I could use it as a float plane, but I'll never know which one I should get now.

Like another user said,
Want/Don't have list

P47
A10
J3
Waco
F27 FPV
Every other 2S micro

Curse HH for creating such great products
Aug 03, 2017, 09:48 PM
Boost rules!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyHK
They are called slots.

Slats are moveable, slots are fixed.
Quote:
I hate when people say..."I'm CHOMPING at the bit to do it"

The correct phrase is CHAMPING at the bit.

See? We all learned something today....
And I hate it when RC pilots talk about the "dreaded" downwind turn to final causing a tip-stall. Makes my eyes roll. Pilot error is ALWAYS the cause of tip-stalling during the turn to final. Of course, the tip-stall is always caused by the pilot slowing the plane down too much on the downwind leg - due to overestimating the plane's true airspeed. Always. Every time. No exceptions or excuses.

Joel
Aug 03, 2017, 09:52 PM
OK. In the New AS3X- Equipped Plane thread, Joel and the demo video answered my question comparing this Timber to the UMX Carbon Cub.
Yes, I can do STOL with the CC...but not in a couple of inches like the Timber...unless there's a pretty good headwind.

And while the CC will make pretty tight circles, in the video this Lil Timber can fly as tightly as the 1S micro PT-17!

Looks like fun!

Tom
Aug 03, 2017, 10:05 PM
pilotERR
Just got the t-28 trojan today, will have to get this one too!
Aug 03, 2017, 10:10 PM
Warbird & Jet Lover
Quote:
I hate when people say..."I'm CHOMPING at the bit to do it"

The correct phrase is CHAMPING at the bit.

See? We all learned something today....
Not necessarily:

http://grammarist.com/usage/champing...ng-at-the-bit/
Aug 03, 2017, 11:40 PM
Yeah, this looks fun! The 1.5 Timber was on my shortlist for a recent plane purchase but I ended up getting the UMX Pitts. This may find it into my hangar someday. It would be a good Christmas present with the optional floats!
Aug 04, 2017, 12:43 AM
I review RC Products
The big one is a great flyer, so I will be getting the UMX version as soon as it is a available!

Maiden Flight - E-Flite Timber 1.5m BNF Basic STOL RC Plane (4 min 20 sec)

Fun Flight - E Flite Timber 1.5m BNF Basic STOL RC Plane (4 min 42 sec)

Tight Space Flying - E-Flite Timber 1.5m BNF Basic STOL RC Plane (2 min 24 sec)
Aug 04, 2017, 02:00 AM
Have fun
Finally watched the video. My five year old carbon cub will be retiring this year. Thank your service.

Random note, the flashing white lights on the wingtips are a nice touch in addition to the other lights.

HH continues to make the best micro aircraft with little competition.
Aug 04, 2017, 03:08 AM
Slow is the go!

Yes STOL

Not a Fieseler Storch or a Zenith CH 701 but close enough
will be getting one of these when they get to the land of OZ.

Am I right in saying the slats will be optional so come with the
model but can be fitted or removed? I wonder if the under cart
and fat wheels can be fitted to the CC or the UM Cub, that'd be
cool!
Aug 04, 2017, 03:31 AM
Wing Commander of 50+ Aircraft
The sold me with the Leading Edge Slats & the Floats.

I agree with Airpower, what a great replacement to the discontinued UMX Carbon Cub. That plane was very capable in slow flight with it's flaps.

I enjoy the STOL slats on my full-sized Timber and won't hesitate to install them on this new gem.

Quick Reply