Aug 24, 2019, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityRC
No luck at LHS, not even a old battery lead to make a adapter. After contemplating a swap to micro Deans after finding out XT-30's can easily be plugged in reverse poloraity and searching my connectors I discovered the XT-30's labeled Amass like the ones I got from Hyperion cannot be plugged in backward due to harder plastic. The bulk ones I got off ebay can be easily pulgged in backwards.

FYI and a heads up for those of you that are using XT-30's, whatever the application. Pay the extra $$$ for the good ones. A fried brick was no savings.

Lesson learned.

Bill S.
After reading here they can be plugged in backwards, I went and checked mine. Glad I bought the good stuff, that would stink smoking a brick.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 24, 2019, 06:38 PM
They call me Lipo...

Get your kicks on Route 66!

So I took Tiny Tim out for a flight at a very special place...

Flew the UMX Timber on what John Steinbeck called "the mother road" in his 1939 classic "The Grapes of Wrath"....Route 66 !
E-flite UMX Timber - At the Bagdad Cafe on historic Route 66! (8 min 17 sec)

It was also interesting to fly the little plane in front of a special restaurant...the "Bagdad Cafe", where a 1987 German romantic-comedy-drama was filmed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagdad_Cafe

Hope y'all enjoy the trip back in time !

Last edited by Justwingit; Aug 24, 2019 at 07:00 PM.
Aug 25, 2019, 07:29 AM
Nice video John! I love the historic rt66! Im about 5 miles from it just South of Chicago!
Aug 25, 2019, 09:01 AM
Does it have invasion stripes?
Cool viddy there, JWI. Is that near “Radiator Springs”?
Aug 25, 2019, 01:25 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Excellent video, John! Really enjoyed that one!

Joel
Latest blog entry: E-flite 850mm Pitts
Aug 25, 2019, 07:13 PM
They call me Lipo...
Thanks Gents !

Good one Ute!!! No, I'm afraid Newberry Springs is a bit further west than Radiator Springs...
Aug 26, 2019, 07:09 AM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Can anyone tell me if the prop adapter matches any other UMX adapter? The ones that the LHS had all looked slightly different, and they didn't have the Timber one in stock.
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Aug 26, 2019, 07:55 AM
Registered Abuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolei Zinsli
Can anyone tell me if the prop adapter matches any other UMX adapter? The ones that the LHS had all looked slightly different, and they didn't have the Timber one in stock.
I believe only the UMX Carbon Cub.
Aug 26, 2019, 12:56 PM
If it Works, You Better Fix It
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolei Zinsli
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
I believe only the UMX Carbon Cub.
I can second that absoultely. UMX CC is the same. It's also refered to as "Long Adapter" for the aluminum one.

Bill S.
Aug 26, 2019, 01:06 PM
**I'm Battman**
HH:
Prop Adapter (Long): Ultra-Micro Carbon Cub SS (EFLU1168)
https://www.horizonhobby.com/prop-ad...ub-ss-eflu1168
Shows only compatible with CC & Timber.

Roger
Aug 26, 2019, 05:25 PM
If it's R/C, I LIKE IT!
Thanks guys!
Latest blog entry: 93" AJ Laser 230z
Aug 26, 2019, 06:40 PM
Elfi Flyer

UMX Timber Prop Adapter

Go here for the CNC version.....

http://smallpartscnc.com/index.php?r...product_id=228

RD
Aug 26, 2019, 07:02 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell

RD
My choice also as our grass strip is not friendly to UMX planes.

Gary
Aug 26, 2019, 08:03 PM
OR65 Eagles Nest

CNC Prop adapter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Sipprell

RD
Just went to the site linked was going to place an order as I have 2 of the UMX Timbers and plan on doing a mod to another plane that will also need a long adapter when I install a 2s power system in that airframe
hopefully they get a restock soon ...
Aug 26, 2019, 08:12 PM
Elfi Flyer

CNC Prop Adapters

Spoke with the folks at Small Parts CNC yesterday, concerning the availability of their prop adapter for the UMX Timber. Their part number, if I recall correctly, is SPCNC1075 Long, and they hope to have another production run made within the next 3 - 4 weeks. Worth waiting for, just keep checking on their website.

FWIW

RD

Quick Reply