Aug 19, 2019, 01:48 PM
Custom User Name Title
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelocityRC
Thinking about getting into my toasted Timby and making it a float plane since my new Timby got here. Does anyone have a brick in the working spares bin or totaled plane and willing to part with it ?

Thanks,

Bill S.
LOL.... I looked at eBay for the bricks and someone's selling a carbon cub brick for $83

I would say find one used but people in this hobby have some excessively unrealistic expectations of what their used trash is worth...
to remove ads between posts
Aug 20, 2019, 09:28 AM
bhoov, I was out looking for UMX Corsair AS3x bricks and realized that people are selling the bricks for more than I bought the plane new from the hobby shop! Thankfully I was able to get mine working again without having to spend any money.
Aug 20, 2019, 09:34 AM
"Champ'ion Newb"
I have two Micro Timber bricks that won’t initialize after salt water damage. Need to test them again after some drying out.
Aug 20, 2019, 10:14 AM
If it Works, You Better Fix It
I found some on the bay for ~$35.00 from China. I think the listing said something like 21 already sold. IDK, I think I'll try to wait it out for one to show up on this thread or stateside somewhere.

Bill S.
Aug 20, 2019, 02:23 PM
Did somebody change aileron offset servo? Replacement SPMSA2030LO has too short cable. How did you solve it?
Aug 20, 2019, 02:40 PM
Custom User Name Title
You can splice wires.... also there are some suppliers that sell extensions, here is an Australian company that sells the extensions: https://micronwings.com/Products/JST...on/index.shtml
Aug 20, 2019, 03:08 PM
Recently Queadlunnrau and I reported that the new 3600kv motor used in the new Gee Bee2 and Cirrus have a packaging mixup. The package has the correct new part number but it has the wrong old 3000kv on it. The motor is labelled correctly at 3600kv. Which number is correct??

Queadlunnrau recently tried the new 3600kv motor in his UMX Timber and reported that it produces more power. He said it fixes the problem he had with looping and climbing with the original 3000kv motor. But his air pressure at 5500ft altitude (in Denver) is much less than mine (at sea level) so my test of the 3600kv motor produced the same power as the 3000kv original motor.

Then I guess my 3600kv motor is overloaded with thick air and his motor runs better in thin air.
The original prop has a short length and high pitch for high speed and I tried my Timber with the Yak/Pitts prop that is longer and has less pitch for higher thrust but less speed. I did get a little more thrust with this prop replacement. But I want much more thrust.

There seems to be another mixup with the brick in the UMX Timber and the brick with the same part number in the Cirrus. A person at Horizon hobby customer support said (or guessed) that the Timber brick is permanently programmed for less ESC motor power than the Cirrus.
Then the bricks are different and should have different part numbers!
Aug 20, 2019, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ooOoo
Mine is set up so that SAFE is automatically turned on when I drop the flaps and SAFE turns back off when the flaps go up, no ballooning here

The control of this feature is also on a switch so it can be disabled at any time.
Interesting. Have DX6e. How do you do this?
Aug 20, 2019, 07:24 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
heheh who says you can't pack more than one park flyer and a tx in a little sports car

UMX Ef Timber
1.5m Ef Timber (with the wings attached )
1100mm DF T-28
899mm FW Rebel v2

a whole buncha lipos, DX9, PVC stand and FPV goggles... off to have some fun down the street with the guyz
Last edited by HuffDaddy; Aug 20, 2019 at 07:54 PM.
Aug 20, 2019, 10:01 PM
Registered Abuser
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCarolinaCy
Interesting. Have DX6e. How do you do this?
Mine is flown with my Taranis. Sorry, I'm not sure how to do this with a DX6e.
Aug 21, 2019, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioguru again

Queadlunnrau recently tried the new 3600kv motor in his UMX Timber and reported that it produces more power. He said it fixes the problem he had with looping and climbing with the original 3000kv motor. But his air pressure at 5500ft altitude (in Denver) is much less than mine (at sea level) so my test of the 3600kv motor produced the same power as the 3000kv original motor.

Then I guess my 3600kv motor is overloaded with thick air and his motor runs better in thin air.
The original prop has a short length and high pitch for high speed and I tried my Timber with the Yak/Pitts prop that is longer and has less pitch for higher thrust but less speed. I did get a little more thrust with this prop replacement. But I want much more thrust.
I wonder why people need more thrust. I'm at sea level and my Timber with the stock prop climb easily unlimited vertical and power consumption and flight times are very good.
In complete contrast to the Cirrus with the 3600kv motor and the 3 blade prop.
She have not more thrust but pull a lot more current. I have measured over 5A in a static test and the flight times are very short with 280mAh batteries if I don't fly low throttle all the time.
I must use 450 mAh batteries to get satisfactory flight times.
Aug 21, 2019, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy
heheh who says you can't pack more than one park flyer and a tx in a little sports car

UMX Ef Timber
1100mm DF T-28
899mm FW Rebel v2

a whole buncha lipos, DX9, PVC stand and FPV goggles... off to have some fun down the street with the guyz
Proves it can be done! I have always loved the Miata, but ruled them out since I couldn't use it for RC planes. One of the flying club members bought a Fiat 124 Spyder, which is basically a Miata underneath, and he shows up to the field with more planes in his Fiat than I can fit in my Fiesta hatchback. He got rid of all of his giant planes that needed a trailer, sold the trailer to another club member, and is having more fun flying smaller planes that he can toss into his Fiat. His fleet is now between the size of UMX and 48"ish. Not much different than what I can fit in my Fiesta. I need to borrow my wife's Escape to transport my B-17's, which is another reason why the Fort's never go flying.
Aug 21, 2019, 09:31 AM
Luck is my skill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioguru again
Got my wife to film her and I even had the floats on, at the time it really seems to have more power as I can climb higher and do constant loops and aggressive flying, however to be honest I don't recall trying to fly her this hard with the stock motor, so it might be a placebo.

On another note, the batteries now come down HOT, however it is 90F deg days here in Colorado so will need to retest on a cooler day.

Will post the video here once Youtube clears it.

UMX Timber with 3600kv motor (2 min 30 sec)
Last edited by queadlunnrau; Aug 21, 2019 at 09:54 AM.
Aug 21, 2019, 09:43 AM
Luck is my skill
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy

UMX Ef Timber
1100mm DF T-28
899mm FW Rebel v2

Gotta love Vettes, basically hatch backs where designers try to focus on us old folks allowing us to carry 2+ golf bags.

I've managed to fit 10 Planes, 4 helicopters, an Easter basket and a kid in mine.
Aug 21, 2019, 10:46 AM
No Guts, No Glory!
that is aaaaawesome man

yes sir, the C5 marketing propaganda about "space for the 2 golf bags" is just that but those of us that have a different addiction have learned to make use of every cubic inch of the fairly large cargo area for the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by queadlunnrau
Gotta love Vettes, basically hatch backs where designers try to focus on us old folks allowing us to carry 2+ golf bags.

I've managed to fit 10 Planes, 4 helicopters, an Easter basket and a kid in mine.

Quick Reply