Jun 22, 2019, 06:56 PM
With the $15 off sale going on now I bought another one. Figure when I finish beating mine up learning how to fly I'll want a fresh one.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2019, 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXScorpion
With the $15 off sale going on now I bought another one. Figure when I finish beating mine up learning how to fly I'll want a fresh one.
-I have two as well; I'll be flying the "clean one" tomorrow :-)
Jun 22, 2019, 10:05 PM
FrSky 'til I die
I have two also. One stays on wheels and the other on floats
Jun 23, 2019, 01:25 AM
They call me Lipo...
Oh man....I might have to get a second one as well...can't imagine a hangar without one !
E-flite UMX Timber; Rain in the Mojave! - 08JAN18 (5 min 31 sec)

Jun 23, 2019, 08:57 AM
Does it have invasion stripes?
I flew mine up and down my tree lined street last night after dark. What a great little bush plane. Up high flying slow at night, she looks like a real plane. Everyone should have one.
Jun 23, 2019, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoUteFan
I flew mine up and down my tree lined street last night after dark. What a great little bush plane. Up high flying slow at night, she looks like a real plane. Everyone should have one.
Very true.

Jun 23, 2019, 12:59 PM
If it Works, You Better Fix It
Pics !!

Bill S.
Jun 23, 2019, 05:03 PM
Those are very nice. I love time lapse.
Jun 23, 2019, 07:34 PM
Here's a video of what I did last night. This was earlier this year. We do it often. On this one, the landing gear got snagged on a pebble in the street during takeoff. I was committed, so had to do some quick aileron work to save it from the trees.

Baby Timber Fun with Grandson (2 min 48 sec)
Jun 24, 2019, 09:55 AM
Flying Low
Quote:
Originally Posted by microheli
Very true.

Very nice. Mind sharing what you had the settings on on your camera when taking the photo.
Jun 24, 2019, 10:34 AM
Custom User Name Title
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoUteFan
Is it just me or does this plane get really floaty on flaps? I have a 2 second delay dialed in and I also lower speed before deploying, but she still balloons up pretty substantially. Thoughts?
Thanks.
SDUF
Yes it gets floaty and very mushy on controls. If you'd like to tool around just above absolute minimum stall speed with full flaps, here are my best suggestions
  • Don't be easy on the throttle, hammer it if you need to with bursts to get air flowing over the surfaces to maintain control
  • A slight down elevator mix for flaps can be useful because of the change in the center of pressure when the flaps are deployed changes the attitude of the plane... I use no mix at half flaps and 5% at full
  • Use rudder to turn and avoid ailerons for any kind of turning except maybe cross controls to keep the wing relatively flat
Jun 24, 2019, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnes0061
Very nice. Mind sharing what you had the settings on on your camera when taking the photo.
It was make with 30s exposure time.
Jun 24, 2019, 01:55 PM
Flying Low
Quote:
Originally Posted by microheli
It was make with 30s exposure time.
Thank you. My wife and I will try this out sometime soon.
Jun 24, 2019, 02:46 PM
love the time lapse of the Timber at night!
Jun 24, 2019, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the tips Ben. You know I mostly yank and bank my warbirds. Iíll work on rudder, throttle, and tinker with elevator mix.

Quick Reply