Sep 02, 2017, 11:52 AM
I'm so glad I got mine
to remove ads between posts
Sep 02, 2017, 11:53 AM
DEFINITELY need some down elevator with the flaps. With full flaps it would almost do a loop. And my rudder was off a little bit, so check control surfaces before you fly
Sep 02, 2017, 11:54 AM
Boost rules!
Need some videos!!!

Joel
Sep 02, 2017, 12:18 PM
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
need some videos!!!

joel
Sep 02, 2017, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Need some videos!!!

Joel
Yes, Please!

Mine arrives today!
Sep 02, 2017, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Need some videos!!!

Joel
Yes but no Dust Dot videos......if u cannot fly Timbre Low and Slow this plane not for you...right Joel
Sep 02, 2017, 12:58 PM
Hidey Ho neighbor....LOS just let me know they have Timber in stock.....HA....
Sep 02, 2017, 01:09 PM
Boost rules!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1 View Post
Yes but no Dust Dot videos......if u cannot fly Timbre Low and Slow this plane not for you...right Joel
+1,000,000,000! Use throttle-management, fly her low & slow, use coordinated rudder in the turns like you're supposed to do, and remember that flaps are supposed to be extended only after you've slowed her down to normal flap-extension speed (which on this plane, will be just a few knots above her clean stall-speed.)

Joel
Sep 02, 2017, 01:19 PM
Yeah I've never flown anything with flaps and so this is all new to me, and I don't have the greatest place to fly, so I can't really fly low and slow, like I should be. And it's a brand spankin' new plane and it's hard to get, sooo yeah
Sep 02, 2017, 01:32 PM
Just maidened mine early today. Flys GREAT!!! I have the J-3, Pitts, Sports Cub ect... But this flys in wind like the Pitts, it was about 6 to 8 mph. Have flaps set to 50% and 100% and needed no elev compensation, just used 2sec delay. Also set up AS3X and Safe on a switch. Loops and rolls in AS3X were uneventful even inverted with slats installed! Safe mode doing rudder turns was fun like the SC. Will need to adjust elevator up a little, but will wait for a calm day.
Should be a GREAT float plane as the J-3 is. Got 6min flights w/300ma Venom batteries that have hundreds of flights. Flying SCALE as I do I can usually get 8min easily as with the J-3 Cub, I get 6min on the Pitts wringing it out the whole time. Overall it's a thumbs up! Only negative is the rudder has a BIG double neutral, sometimes they break in and center better after some use.

Bob
Sep 02, 2017, 01:33 PM
Just to reiterate the finish is really really nice y'all. And the tires aren't the perfect squishy foam they're more hard and solid, but they've done their job well so far. I flew it earlier and went to test the wheels and they saved my prop from striking the ground and I find there is good clearance. On a full speed passes just for fun the plane makes a weird noise, almost like a gasser, but it's not hittin' anythin' its weird
Sep 02, 2017, 01:37 PM
The lights are also really nice, and the ones on at the back of the wing and under the fuse glow on and off, rather than on and off. They fade really nicely
Sep 02, 2017, 02:11 PM
Oh and there is plenty of room for the slats if you wish to add them. I probably will be adding them later.
Sep 02, 2017, 03:49 PM
Anyone else having issues turning "off" the Safe? I followed the directions and it didn't work. ...?????

Thanks.......
Sep 02, 2017, 04:17 PM
LUFTGUCKER
What are you using charging those 2 cells,can't get a fitting plug for my charger?

Quick Reply