Thread Tools
Aug 03, 2017, 04:24 PM
Yvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfly
Video is up!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gviH...ature=youtu.be


Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
The video confirms the Pre-order that two Baby Timber.
Thank you. Nice video.
Yvan
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Aug 03, 2017, 04:26 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
HuffDaddy's Avatar
Hey Matt,
just curious, looks like the landing gear fairings (can) bend back to where they cut into the fuse.
some of us add a small piece of clear lexan type stuff to act as a bumper of sorts.

isnt that something HH looks at when they design the fuse? The UMX J3 and other micros have the same tendency

sorry, after rereading my post I wanted to clarify... I dont meaning to sound like I am picking at it, its a common issue and the quality of the planes are awesome... and a lot of us mod them out of the box anyways

-M
Last edited by HuffDaddy; Aug 03, 2017 at 04:44 PM.
Aug 03, 2017, 04:59 PM
Mattfly's Avatar
HuffDaddy,

Yes you will need to do that mod.

I had added a radius to the rear of the fairing, but it still digs in a little.

I did not want to add an additional plastic piece as I was trying to keep the weight to a minimum.

Even a small piece of packing tape may help prevent the digging in.

Do not feel bad about your feedback. This is the things we need to continue to improve our products.

Thanks.

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
Aug 03, 2017, 06:16 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfly
HuffDaddy,

Yes you will need to do that mod.

I had added a radius to the rear of the fairing, but it still digs in a little.

I did not want to add an additional plastic piece as I was trying to keep the weight to a minimum.

Even a small piece of packing tape may help prevent the digging in.

Do not feel bad about your feedback. This is the things we need to continue to improve our products.

Thanks.

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
Awesome, thanks HH!

Can you comment on the prop?

Looks like it's new one - and apparently a fine match for the 3000kv.

Will finally try a UMX on floats, very cool!

Best,
Stiffler
Aug 03, 2017, 06:22 PM
FrSky 'til I die
ooOoo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiffler
Awesome, thanks HH!

Can you comment on the prop?

Looks like it's new one - and apparently a fine match for the 3000kv.

Will finally try a UMX on floats, very cool!

Best,
Stiffler
Prop https://www.horizonhobby.com/5x275-e...42-eflup050275
Aug 03, 2017, 06:44 PM
. . . Gonna need more glue!

Arrrrgh


Minding my own business, downsizing my hangar, avoiding reading rcgroup threads, even sold my Timber 1.5 . . . and now this. Just pre-ordered one. Oh, the calamity of it all.
Aug 03, 2017, 07:05 PM
Registered User
JulianGoesPro's Avatar
What about telemetry, do we get at least vBat? Running a timer is so 2016...
Aug 03, 2017, 07:06 PM
Registered User
This looks like the plane I wanted after the Sport Cub S. I'll have at least one of these.
Aug 03, 2017, 07:11 PM
slats move, slots don't
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfly
leading edge slats
They are called slots.

Slats are moveable, slots are fixed.
Aug 03, 2017, 07:13 PM
Custom User Name Title
bhoov128's Avatar
^ looks like this guy takes his slats and slots seriously
Aug 03, 2017, 07:20 PM
Walked away from all landings
DonRhone's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfly
Video is up!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gviH...ature=youtu.be


Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
I was surprised to see that the Horizon video shows the plane being flown in a residential neighbourhood and in the street at that. Usually the Horizon videos show their planes being flown in parks.

In the video you only show the UMX Timber taking off from a grass field once, you do not show any landings on grass at all. Dirt, pavement, yes but not grass.

This plane might just be the right mix for grass at long last for the UMX series of planes. As it stands at the moment they all take off fine from solid surfaces but grass fields not so well.

How but adding in some footage of it taking off and landing off grass fields. Lots of would be flyers are interested in this plane if it friendly to grass fields.
Last edited by DonRhone; Aug 03, 2017 at 09:41 PM.
Aug 03, 2017, 07:21 PM
Registered User
I wonder if we will have to balance props to keep from shaking so bad that the plane breaks like the 1.5 does
Aug 03, 2017, 07:31 PM
Registered User
Crash_Tested's Avatar
nitpickers are gonna pick
ain't much we can do about it
grace may be becoming to some
but ought to be to all
a shame it ain't
Aug 03, 2017, 08:55 PM
I'd rather be flying!
turboparker's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron B 1948
I wonder if we will have to balance props to keep from shaking so bad that the plane breaks like the 1.5 does
You are expected to check the balance of your props before flying & balance them as needed. That has ALWAYS been considered to be standard modeling practice - and it still is.

Joel
Latest blog entry: E-flite 850mm Pitts
Aug 03, 2017, 09:07 PM
Hugo Flynow's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyHK
They are called slots.

Slats are moveable, slots are fixed.
I hate when people say..."I'm CHOMPING at the bit to do it"

The correct phrase is CHAMPING at the bit.


See? We all learned something today....


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product E-Flite Timber 1.5m BNF Basic/PNP Mattfly Electric Plane Talk 17026 Today 10:49 AM
Discussion Timber or Tundra kevin.v.xue Electric Plane Talk 45 Apr 15, 2018 11:35 AM
Discussion E-flite Timber Dave Eichstedt Parkflyers 18 Feb 27, 2017 04:24 PM
News Joe Nall News - E-flite Timber Jason Cole Electric Plane Talk 17 May 23, 2016 05:38 PM
Discussion Priming bare pine timber. Jim.Thompson Painting and Finishing Tips 2 Apr 08, 2016 02:28 PM