Aug 03, 2017, 02:22 PM
I'd rather be flying!
Yeeehaaawww!!! Finally, a SuperSTOL UMX plane!!! My two UMX Carbon Cubs will enjoy the company.

This is the plane I last wished for in the What AS3X aircraft would you like to see developed? thread. Pretty close, anyway:

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
......Another one I'd like to see is a UMX version of the Timber 1.5m - with the LE slats, Hoerner tips, and actual Fowler flaps. Make it about the size the UMX C182, so it can use the same rotary micro servos - instead of the usual UM linear actuators. And give the cantilever wing an airfoil that's optimized for STOL - like the larger Timber has. Oh - and also give it a set of miniature articulated main gear w/tundra tires.

Joel
Joel
Latest blog entry: E-flite 850mm Pitts
to remove ads between posts
Aug 03, 2017, 02:28 PM
OF course the FIRST thing i will try is to Hover it hhahahhah
Aug 03, 2017, 02:31 PM
Super excited!! Thanks Matt and the Horizon Team!!
Aug 03, 2017, 02:37 PM
Matt,

This is beautiful! Good job!

Now...how does it compare to the UMX Carbon Cub? With full flaps and plenty of power, I already fly my CC in "STOL" mode...and love it!

Obviously, one BIG (pun intended) difference will be the tires, which will let the Lil Timber fly safely off rougher terrain than I'd ever put my CC on.
But what about flight speed and maneuverability at slow speed, etc. How do the two aircraft's flight characteristics compare?

Is there enough difference to warrant getting it (while I'm still saving for your release of a UMX F4U Corsair...hint, hint! )

Tom
Last edited by shepflyr; Aug 03, 2017 at 02:43 PM.
Aug 03, 2017, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker
Yeeehaaawww!!! Finally, a SuperSTOL UMX plane!!! My two UMX Carbon Cubs will enjoy the company.

This is the plane I last wished for in the What AS3X aircraft would you like to see developed? thread. Pretty close, anyway:
They are very fast. About 2 month later and the plane is on the water
Aug 03, 2017, 02:43 PM
Don't hate bro
I'm hoping the tires on this lil Timby will be big enough to land on the grass at the club field!
Aug 03, 2017, 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL
While we're waiting on the UMX vid...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQNPhRBZOM0

The UMX version should be pretty incredible with enough power and stick time!

Roger
That was some very interesting flying, there! ...including some borderline "Timber Abuse"!

Tom
Aug 03, 2017, 03:01 PM
Bought the X-Vert three weeks ago, and had to exchange both of them. HH customer service has been awesome (as usual) but am a bit leery of the X-V now. I am about to exchange the second one, but now see this Timber! I'm more of a scale (and beginner 3d) guy, so am thinking of just returning the X-V and getting the Timber instead. I might try the X-V again after the bugs are worked out or there is a v2 released. Super excited for the Timber!
Aug 03, 2017, 04:06 PM
are the tires made of foam with some kid of rubber coating?
Aug 03, 2017, 04:07 PM
Yvan
I am so happy that HH, is offering us a Baby Timber.
I had to call back my dealer and two for me are on Pre-order.
2 Dad Timber + 2 Baby Timber.
Life is Beautiful.
Thank you HH.
Yvan
Aug 03, 2017, 04:08 PM
Video is up!!

E-flite UMX Timber BNF Basic (3 min 41 sec)

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
Aug 03, 2017, 04:11 PM
Nice!!!!
Aug 03, 2017, 04:12 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
saweeet! thanks!!
thought we had to wait til tomorrow heheh

-M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfly
Video is up!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gviH...ature=youtu.be

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
Aug 03, 2017, 04:15 PM
Nice! I think I will ask for one for Christmas. Next year, I'll ask for the soon to come Carbon Z Timber.

Seriously, I'm hoping for a Carbon Z Timber.
Aug 03, 2017, 04:19 PM
Don't hate bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfly
Video is up!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gviH...ature=youtu.be

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
Very awesome

Quick Reply