Aug 03, 2017, 12:09 PM
**I'm Battman**
While we're waiting on the UMX vid...

E-Flite Timber 3D and Bush Flying Demo (4 min 21 sec)

The UMX version should be pretty incredible with enough power and stick time!

Roger
to remove ads between posts
Aug 03, 2017, 12:16 PM
I said I would never buy another UMX model. However, this one interests me. If it flies slow enough to fly FPV in my yard, I may get one.
Aug 03, 2017, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattfly
Hey all,

Glad to see you are excited about the UMX Timber.

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
You can bet we are... Timber is by far the favorite piece on my fleet. Now having another STOL+SAFE+brushless UMX it's just perfection for my hobby life

Thank you and greetings from Costa Rica
Aug 03, 2017, 12:51 PM
💩
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Flynow

C'mon.....there has to be someone excited about this plane besides me....
I am
Aug 03, 2017, 01:03 PM
Wow... good thing I've been concentrating on micros. I'm starting to run out of room.
Aug 03, 2017, 01:16 PM
Quote:
Hey all,

Glad to see you are excited about the UMX Timber.

For those concerned about the weight here is a good comparable. The UMX Cessna weighs 130 grams and has 93 SqIn of wing area.

The UMX Timber is 121 grams with 119 SqIn. If you install the leading edge slats, that also adds roughly 13 SqIn of additional wing area.

We are planning on having the video up by tomorrow afternoon and you will be able to see the performance of the UMX Timber.

The plane makes you start looking all over for takeoff and landing areas as it can get into and out of places I would not fly other UMX planes.

I think you guys will really enjoy this one!

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
I haven't been this excited about a plane in a while. I'm actually surpised I'm so excited about a UMX plane as well!

Is $129 the regular price or just the pre-order price???
Aug 03, 2017, 01:19 PM
Hugo,

$129.99 is regular price for the UMX Timber.

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
Aug 03, 2017, 01:20 PM
Custom User Name Title
Likely regular price, it's in line with other UMX planes as of late.

^Edit what he said
Aug 03, 2017, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Hugo,

$129.99 is regular price for the UMX Timber.

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby
That's fantastic! Considering the Carbon Cub was $169 when it came out...this is a great price!

Have you guys at HH ever tinkered with making a UMX plane with retracts?
Aug 03, 2017, 01:24 PM
Slats, flaps, lights not bad. For the slow flight capabilities here the
Wing Cube Load (WCL) comparing to other similar planes:

4.5 UMX Sport Cub S
5.7 (4.9 with slats) UMX Timber
6.2 UMX J3 Cub
7.1 UMX CC Cub
8.8 UMX Cessna
Aug 03, 2017, 01:30 PM
AWE LOOK ITS A CUTE little TimBer Cant wait to fly one IN the Mean Time VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO
Aug 03, 2017, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLHS592
I said I would never buy another UMX model. However, this one interests me. If it flies slow enough to fly FPV in my yard, I may get one.
I spent month looking for the umx Carbon Cub with flap to only find discontinued. luckily my clubmate bought one to rub in my face and was flying at our indoor meet and whacked it up good on the first flight playing slow with flaps and stalling it dead into the floor to break the prop and motor
Aug 03, 2017, 01:53 PM
Not to curse the release of the Timber but I've noticed Horizon has gotten a lot better at meeting their release dates. I remember when it could be months after the scheduled release date.

I'm actually expecting to see this little bugger on my doorsteps in early September. Thank you!
Aug 03, 2017, 02:08 PM
Custom User Name Title
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepworld2002
I spent month looking for the umx Carbon Cub with flap to only find discontinued. luckily my clubmate bought one to rub in my face and was flying at our indoor meet and whacked it up good on the first flight playing slow with flaps and stalling it dead into the floor to break the prop and motor
You crunched it or your clubmate crunched it? Sucks either way... I love my CC(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG
Not to curse the release of the Timber but I've noticed Horizon has gotten a lot better at meeting their release dates. I remember when it could be months after the scheduled release date.

I'm actually expecting to see this little bugger on my doorsteps in early September. Thank you!
Somebody finally got wise to the "Let's announce when we think it will be here and actually announce once we have a more solidly confirmed date of arrival
Aug 03, 2017, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG

The UMX Timber is already on the water!

Matt Andren
Horizon Hobby

Quick Reply