Turbine build thread Top RC model Super Galeb G4 - RC Groups
Aug 02, 2017, 11:25 PM
Build Log

Turbine build thread Top RC model Super Galeb G4

Starting my top rc models super galeb G4. 93" long turbine jet. Here I will go into detail of each step for those interested. Info here.
http://www.taildraggerrc.com/toprcmo...cheme-turbine/
Caimen/gator rc are the exclusive USA importer and Taildragger rc also offers the jet kits.
So far I can say wow for the price these are way up to quality. All the glue of all composites used in these is hysol not cheap epoxy or hot glue.
I was going to do the aspire or odyssey sport jet but no one has done the super galeb yet and thought why not?
The super galeb is a former Yugoslavian and now Serbian trainer/ground attack jet. It really resembles a bae hawk or t45.
History of the super galeb and details here https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soko_G-4_Super_Galeb

What really impressed me was the level of detail even including a scale pre finished cockpit kit. Many jet flyers know with the other brands the is usually a 300.00 extra item.
Last edited by taildragger21; Aug 03, 2017 at 11:05 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 03, 2017, 12:08 AM
Hi .. . .nice plane ...ordered mine yesterday from Big planes.nl ( life in Germany ) in the same color Sheme ,did you weight all parts yet? ..I'd like to use a Jetcat P100 RX cause I have it already...I also flying they Odyssee ..it is a great Sportjet for the value
Aug 03, 2017, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matze 42
Hi .. . .nice plane ...ordered mine yesterday from Big planes.nl ( life in Germany ) in the same color Sheme ,did you weight all parts yet? ..I'd like to use a Jetcat P100 RX cause I have it already...I also flying they Odyssee ..it is a great Sportjet for the value
Very nice. I plan an odyssey or aspire in my future.
I haven't weighed yet but the model feels light. Top rc specs say 25 lbs. I am installing a k120 in mine however I think a 100n would be just fine
Aug 03, 2017, 01:57 AM
Taildragger,
That is NOT aeropoxy on the joints...Give one a little scratch with a sharp object.. It scrapes off..... EVERY former in those planes needs to be reglued... Beware!!!!!
Aug 03, 2017, 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavin
Taildragger,
That is NOT aeropoxy on the joints...Give one a little scratch with a sharp object.. It scrapes off..... EVERY former in those planes needs to be reglued... Beware!!!!!
Thanks for the info. I will check and let top rc know. Thanks
Aug 03, 2017, 12:13 PM
What kind of glue is it?

Tony
Aug 03, 2017, 01:10 PM
Are they different in construction ...in my Odessey every former stick very well ..no problem ..I imagine they came out of the same Factory..maybe they change the Glue in production...my galap arrive next week ,I took extra care for the Formers
Aug 03, 2017, 04:39 PM
I only had one loose former due to shipping I'm sure.Glue inside seems to be of good quality to me.
Got the wings mostly done today. More pics for later
Aug 03, 2017, 11:00 PM
I've been interested in these when I first heard about them, but they are not on your site, not on Gator site, so they seem extremely hard to get in the states. FYI, your link does not show anything about this plane as is typical. It's just a little irritating and frustrating to read about other people showing off theirs and they are unavailable.