55 years of building - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
This thread is privately moderated by jda, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 02, 2017, 08:09 PM
jda
jda
Fossil builder
Gallery

55 years of building

How to start. My sister gave me a Scientific kit of the "Eagle" when my wife first got pregnant. Said "you will need something to do while your wife sleeps on the couch in the evenings." That started it and while my wife didn't get pregnant that often, I have managed over the years to build over 50 models. Some have been given away to relatives and friends. Some sank. Hey, they were boats. I know this is an RC site but I plan to show as many of my boats as I have pictures.....scale, fast electrics and static. While they are not of the caliber of most of the RC builders who post on this site they should, hopefully, encourage some new builders.
Scale RC followed by a few FE, a little steam and then some static models.
Last edited by jda; Aug 09, 2017 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Adding more pix
to remove ads between posts
Aug 02, 2017, 08:58 PM
Beautiful, beautiful work. I built some Billings, Model Shipways and Dumas boats. There's no way I could rig without magnifier goggles today. Back then I could. I still have my Billings Bluenose in the attic. The rc boats were SK Daddle20 and Swamp Buggy 20. I also had some Prather mono hulls. I got out of boats when we sold our lake house.