Aug 07, 2017, 06:44 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SW
Assuming the links are all fine, Has the wire slid in the crimp? Only thing I could think of unless the rudder horn has come loose.
There is no crimp tube since I didn't use the supplied cable. I simply twist the wire tight and add thin CA to lock it. I've been doing this in all of my planes without issues (no sign of losing tension).
When I inspected the plane I noticed the rudder was off to the left so I knew that the cable crossing from right to left (viewed from tail) was the slack one. First I removed the link from the servo arm looking for a loose thread which could have unthreaded itself but it was really tight so I simply re-tightened it. Same thing happened on the rudder side so I'm clueless of what happened.
In order to investigate what is causing the slack I put an aligning mark between the link and the brass rod. I'll check periodically for misalignement which will indicate it is rotating.
Ronaldo
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2019, 03:31 AM
Andrew
Dear comrade Ronaldo, did you have this regulator warmed up in flight YEP 20A BEC?
I read on the forum that the radiator must be glued to hot melt
Sep 16, 2019, 05:00 AM
Ronaldo Nogueira
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andron18
Dear comrade Ronaldo, did you have this regulator warmed up in flight YEP 20A BEC?
I read on the forum that the radiator must be glued to hot melt
Hello Andron,
I never noticed any heating or heat sink detachment on this SBEC and have already used it in dozens of planes without a single issue. I use it even on my 50cc setups.
I attach it to the fuselage using zip ties or double sided tape.
Ronaldo
Sep 25, 2019, 05:58 AM
Andrew
Dear Ronaldo, I am assembling a similar Skysun Extra330sc 30cc 1930mm airplane and I had a number of questions, in the drain it is designed for a gas engine but I want to install an electric motor and I have a question about alignment how much do I need to strengthen the nose of the airplane so that the rear alignment does not work?
Sep 25, 2019, 06:22 AM
Ronaldo Nogueira
Thread OP
Congrats on the new bird and for going electric too !
I am building a Skysun Extra 330SC 30cc right now. It is a very nice kit, just a bit heavy for the modern standards.
I'm not sure if I understood correctly, but you don't need any reinforcements, just measure the distance needed and buy correct stand-offs to install the electric motor. I attached a few pictures to illustrate.
Ronaldo
Sep 25, 2019, 01:27 PM
Andrew
Thank you Ronaldo, I always follow your topic and carefully read all the messages, these aluminum racks in the photo that you yourself ground on a lathe or bought ready-made?.. What sizes does this rack have?.....where did you buy these racks
Sep 25, 2019, 01:49 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira
Thread OP
Quote:
Thank you Ronaldo, I always follow your topic and carefully read all the messages, these aluminum racks in the photo that you yourself ground on a lathe or bought ready-made?.. What sizes does this rack have?.....where did you buy these racks
You're welcome
For the 60cc Corvus I used dle 55cc standoffs, on the Skysun 30cc I used general standoffs I ordered from AliExpress.
Sep 25, 2019, 01:58 PM
Andrew
thanks for the link, I already ordered the racks, another question, which servos should be used on the elevator and on the rudder?
on ailerons I ordered here such JX PDI-HV5932MG 30 kg
I can’t choose a servo for the rear wheels; if you need 2 servos on the elevator, what effort should I choose?
Last edited by Andron18; Sep 25, 2019 at 02:03 PM.
Sep 25, 2019, 02:13 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira
Thread OP
Since you are already using the JX PDI-HV5932MG 30 kg for the ailerons I would use the same servos for the elevators (2).
For the rudder you can use another JX PDI-HV5932MG 30 kg or a JX 46kg servo.

On my 50-60cc planes I use 46kg servos all around but this is not necessary in most of the cases.
Ronaldo
Sep 26, 2019, 01:16 PM
Andrew
comrad ronaldo do you put winglets on extras and is there any need for them?
what do they give in flight?
Sep 26, 2019, 01:38 PM
Andrew
Today, a turner has machined my engine racks.
Sep 26, 2019, 01:56 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira
Thread OP
Actually, these are not winglets, they are called SFGs (Side Force Generators). Different names and different applications.
Winglets are designed to reduce wing tip drag by minimizing the wing tip vortex created by the difference in pressure between upper/ lower wing. The winglets try to "fool" the wing like it had a much higher aspect ratio.

SFGs are designed to make Knife Edge (KE) flight easier and at lower speeds and/or angle of attack.

Using SFGs is just a matter of personal preference. I use SFGs in all my planes but they are not absolutely necessary.
Ronaldo
Sep 26, 2019, 01:57 PM
Ronaldo Nogueira
Thread OP
Quote:
Today, a turner has machined my engine racks.
Good, are they aluminum? They look heavy (like if they were machined from steel).
Ronaldo
Sep 26, 2019, 03:08 PM
Andrew
D16T duralumin I sent it off and they became smooth I weighed 4 racks 47 grams
Sep 27, 2019, 04:02 AM
Andrew
Dear Ronaldo, what is better to use racks or a motorized box made of plywood?

Quick Reply