This thread is privately moderated by mwhidden, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 02, 2017, 08:41 AM
MA, USA
Thread OP
Discussion

Old GWS Pico Tiger Moth, FPV Mod

I added a small all-in-one FPV camera to the cockpit of an old GWS Pico Tiger Moth. The camera has its own 1S battery, and the Tiger Moth runs on a 2S LiPo. I upgraded the motor from a geared brushed motor to brushless.

Pico Tiger Moth FPV (6 min 25 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Aug 23, 2017, 10:00 AM
Nice. I did the same and added a servo for pan, witch is controlled trough the alerion stick. What camera did you use?

GWS Pico Tiger Moth practice FPV Landings (1 min 18 sec)
Aug 29, 2017, 01:58 PM
MA, USA
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeferdany
Nice. I did the same and added a servo for pan, witch is controlled trough the alerion stick. What camera did you use?
Nice landing.

I'm using a RMRC Cricket Cam (AIO). I had replaced the screws that hold the wings on with bamboo skewers because the screws never held anyway. So I glued the camera to a bit of styrofoam that also has a skewer through it. Then, rubber band over the camera mount skewer and around the wing mount skewers hold things in place. I'm using a separate 1s lipo (from an Inductrix) to power the camera so the little FPV module is self-contained and easily removed/replaced.

Quick Reply