Reinforcing E Starter Wing Tips - RC Groups
Oct 31, 2004, 05:44 PM
strawcuter

Reinforcing E Starter Wing Tips

I should receive my E Starter this week. In another thread I was giiven a construction tip to reinforce the wing tips with fiberglass cloth. This is a good recommendation and I was wondering how to get the cloth to adhere to the foam. Any advice will be appreciated.

Bob
to remove ads between posts
Oct 31, 2004, 06:35 PM
Hay Bob,
I gave some fiberglass info in the Beginners Training Area, under Strengthening Balsa, that would apply to a E-Starter. I have 4 E-Starters and many others modified with fiberglass. I'm a fiberglass repairman by trade, mostly Corvettes and aircraft. Any questions, I'll be back on line late tonite. Good luck
Nov 01, 2004, 12:55 AM
Live to fly, fly to live!
Just brush some Minwax Polycrilic with some cornstarch or talc mixed into it into the glass cloth with the cloth laying on the foam. Squeegee the excess, let it dry, and enjoy your now toughened wingtips.
Nov 06, 2004, 08:29 PM
strawcuter
Butch 777, Dcobra, sorry it has taken me so long to thank you. I had to make a quick ttrip to WV and just got back. I will follow your advice. thank you.

Bob