JCSF NEAT '17 Big Top Events - Page 5 - RC Groups
Sep 07, 2017, 02:36 PM
No ! Your other left !
Bummer.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 08, 2017, 09:45 AM
Hi everyone,

Quick update on Friday night's Chinese Lantern launch. We're going to push the start time of the event back to 10pm (from the original 9pm) to allow folks who are participating in Bergen's Quad-drapalooza to hopefully make both events. I'll let CD know so that he can update the schedule accordingly. I hope this update allows everyone who want to attend make the fun!

Rob
Sep 17, 2017, 10:47 PM

Thanks for having fun at the Big Top!!!

Hi everyone!

Well I've had a nice hot shower at home and feel (and likely smell) much better than I've had over the past week. With that being said...

Thanks for coming out to the Big Top to join in all the fun! The Radian Games were a blast, with Rich Roland taking the win and bringing home the new Giant Wooden Rabbit (think Holy Grail...) which will be awarded on a yearly basis to the new champion. Thursday night's Vapor Games came down to a classic Canada vs. USA finale, with Adam Lilley winning the runoff by a single point. Thanks go to Hitec/Multiplex and Sawn Craft for providing the excellent pilot raffle prizes!!!

Friday night we had our traditional Chinese Lantern mass launch, and we jointly launched about 50 lanterns!!! The air was very thick so the lanterns took their good old sweet time getting to altitude but once they were buoyant it looked like we created our own new constellation. I appreciate all the folks who trekked to the south end of the field to help make it happen.

I was a little busy running around doing things during these events so if anyone has any pics or videos they can share it would be greatly appreciated! And yes - we'll see you at the Big Top again in '18!!!

Thanks,

Rob
Sep 17, 2017, 11:15 PM
Thanks for all the hospitality and great fun guys. Vapor games were awesome fun as always and I think all enjoyed the camp fire fun as well. It's always a great group down at the big top. This defiantly did not suck. Thanks again for the hard work to make the big top events so fun.
Nick
Sep 19, 2017, 06:32 AM
AMA 504253 Born in the USA

Peppers

Nick,
OMG you had HOT peppers with you, Fresh from the Jersey garden? You best have some for me next time or I will have to fill your brushless motors with foam tack. Us Italians cant live without them and sure would have spiced up my burgers. I brought some store bought with me but they were so bad I threw the entire jar in the garbage.
Put me on the list for the peppers next year. If they are ready to harvest by Warwick and you are going bring them there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by needmoreglue
Hey rob I am aiming for Wednesday super early but if I can I might be up there tuesday.
Nick
Ps. Do u guys want some fresh jalapeņos from the garden for your chilli?
Sep 19, 2017, 06:38 AM
AMA 504253 Born in the USA
Rob, thanks for doing what you do best. Had a great time, How could I ever say I did not. wish my back was on board to play some games but pretty much was just slow moving and just chilling having a great time watching this year. Thanks again.
Dave
Sep 19, 2017, 12:18 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowspider
Nick,
OMG you had HOT peppers with you, Fresh from the Jersey garden? You best have some for me next time or I will have to fill your brushless motors with foam tack. Us Italians cant live without them and sure would have spiced up my burgers. I brought some store bought with me but they were so bad I threw the entire jar in the garbage.
Put me on the list for the peppers next year. If they are ready to harvest by Warwick and you are going bring them there.
The fresh ones were wonderful and made it home for me to make some brownies with. The kids always ask before stealing grandpa's brownies. But the heat and chocolate work so well together. I forgot my little red ones that are more what i call "hot". The jalas were "pleasant" LOL!!
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...
Sep 19, 2017, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowspider
Nick,
Im sure I can bring a bunch up for u. It must be all the foam-tac that makes them grow so well.
Nick
Sep 20, 2017, 01:04 PM
AMA 1242

glue

Quote:
Originally Posted by needmoreglue
im sure i can bring a bunch up for u. It must be all the foam-tac that makes them grow so well.
Nick
foam-tac "don"t leave home without it"!!!!!!!!
Sep 25, 2017, 01:55 PM
JCSF FUN AT NEAT 2017 (4 min 20 sec)
Sep 25, 2017, 02:21 PM
Thanks Pete - what a great video, and what an awesome time we had!!! I'm so looking forward to doing it again next year!!!

Rob
Sep 29, 2017, 01:54 PM

Vapor Games 2017

A few more pic and videos

Vapor games 2017 JCSF (3 min 26 sec)

Vapor games 2017. Rob kind of flying (0 min 58 sec)
Oct 01, 2017, 11:11 AM
Thanks Nick for the video and pics - boy we had fun that night (just like all the other nights!)

Rob