JCSF NEAT '17 Big Top Events - Page 4 - RC Groups
Sep 05, 2017, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramsdell
Rob, I have a Radian-esque plane. 24" HK chuck glider they gave away 2-3 yrs ago. Converted to 2g servos full size 6ch rx 2s pack. Can I enter it in Radian games? Haven't seen those games yet. Any clue for me?
Hi Al, sorry for the late reply.

I'll check out your creation to see if it'll work. My only concern is that the Radian games are basically using spec-class planes - to make it a pilot competition. The micro Radians and the mini Calipso are pretty evenly matched which is why we agreed to let the Calipsos compete last year

Rob
to remove ads between posts
Sep 05, 2017, 04:10 PM
I'll be surprised if a 2s glider doesn't totally kick the 1s gliders butts.
Sep 05, 2017, 04:14 PM
MK
MK
2S usually means brushless too!
Sep 06, 2017, 07:45 AM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Guys there will be shirts for the mass warbird launch!!!!!.... Reserve them now, the order is being placed tonight and we will have extras but no guarantees on the size availability if you don't reserve one...

Go to this thread to confirm order

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Launch-t-shirt
Sep 06, 2017, 10:43 AM
Hey guys! We r days awa from the amazing event. I've got my radian all set for the big event with some fresh batteries. I am kind of hopeful for some slight wind like last year to make things interesting in the race. Mach 2 around the pylon into a crawl was crazy.
Nick
Sep 06, 2017, 11:52 AM
Hey Nick,

Yeah, that was a hoot when you rounded the pylon with the wind at your back - zoom!!!

BTW when are you arriving at the show?

Rob
Sep 06, 2017, 12:04 PM
No ! Your other left !
I withdrew the HKING 'chuck' glider. It is nrushless and pretty fast.
Sep 06, 2017, 12:36 PM
Hey rob I am aiming for Wednesday super early but if I can I might be up there tuesday.
Nick
Ps. Do u guys want some fresh jalapeņos from the garden for your chilli?
Sep 06, 2017, 12:38 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by needmoreglue
Hey rob I am aiming for Wednesday super early but if I can I might be up there tuesday.
Nick
Ps. Do u guys want some fresh jalapeņos from the garden for your chilli?
Hey Nick, if you have extra jalas I'd love some. I make brownies with them. Kicks up the chocolate flavah
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...
Sep 06, 2017, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreman
Hey Nick, if you have extra jalas I'd love some. I make brownies with them. Kicks up the chocolate flavah
I will pack some in for u Jim. Some chips too lol
Sep 06, 2017, 12:43 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by needmoreglue
I will pack some in for u Jim. Some chips too lol
Sounds excellent to me
Sep 07, 2017, 01:46 PM
Quick FYI on stuff at PV...

I got a surprise call from Jeff/Time Flies Hobbies, who happens to be up at Arnie's place today. I suspect he's getting the Event Center ready for next week. Thankfully he's there, as the guys from the Rental Center are there to set up our Big Top, and Arnie is no where to be found. Jeff called me to confirm where the tent goes (!) and I directed him to have the guys set it up at the end of Aisle 6. I hope that Arnie shows up before they get too far so that they get it in the right spot!!!

While I had Jeff on the phone I had to ask him what he was doing with the Event Center, as we heard through the grapevine/Tom that he had rented it. Per Jeff he still has stuff left over from his business (GP stuff, chargers, etc.) that he's planning to sell off from that space. I guess we'll know more when we get there

That's it for now - see you soon!

Rob
Sep 07, 2017, 02:10 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob
Quick FYI on stuff at PV...

I got a surprise call from Jeff/Time Flies Hobbies, who happens to be up at Arnie's place today. I suspect he's getting the Event Center ready for next week. Thankfully he's there, as the guys from the Rental Center are there to set up our Big Top, and Arnie is no where to be found. Jeff called me to confirm where the tent goes (!) and I directed him to have the guys set it up at the end of Aisle 6. I hope that Arnie shows up before they get too far so that they get it in the right spot!!!

While I had Jeff on the phone I had to ask him what he was doing with the Event Center, as we heard through the grapevine/Tom that he had rented it. Per Jeff he still has stuff left over from his business (GP stuff, chargers, etc.) that he's planning to sell off from that space. I guess we'll know more when we get there

That's it for now - see you soon!

Rob
The 4th annual going out of business sale still going strong. Always fun to see the newly released products in his "old" inventory
Sep 07, 2017, 02:15 PM
No ! Your other left !
Are all the big tops going up Rob?
Sep 07, 2017, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramsdell
Are all the big tops going up Rob?
I don't think so. I use a different company than Tom does (I actually use his old tent place). I get ours installed earlier since we show up on Saturday/Sunday.

Rob