JCSF NEAT '17 Big Top Events - RC Groups
Aug 01, 2017, 01:21 PM
Discussion

JCSF NEAT '17 Big Top Events

Hi everyone!

Wow, it's hard to believe that NEAT is less than six weeks away!!! The summer has flown by but thankfully we still have all of August to enjoy

Once again the Jersey Coast Sport Fliers, in conjunction with our many friends at NEAT, will be hosting a number of events over the course of NEAT Week. Captain Dunsel's thread has all the key dates and times (thanks again Bill!) but I wanted to just remind everyone what we're up to again this year

==> Wednesday afternoon 9/13 - Radian Games
- Open to UMX Radians and Micro Calypsos, we'll again be hosting a series of events to test you and your plane's meddle. Pylon racing will still definitely be part of the mix - as we get closer I'll post the additional feats you'll be asked to perform.

==> Thursday evening 9/14 - Vapor Games (sponsored by Hitec/Multiplex)
- Our traditional indoor micro event returns again this year. All micro-sized planes are welcome (Vapors, Embers, etc.), including any scratch-built entries. We're implementing some changes to try and reduce the wear-and-tear on the airplanes (mostly in the area of flight marshalls who'll solely be responsible for retrieving and relaunching planes if necessary). A key change this year is that registration will be limited to give pilots more flying time - currently we're thinking of the first 24 pilots. More info, including the actual events, will be posted shortly. Pilot prizes will be awarded via a raffle following the contest!

==> Friday evening 9/15 - Chinese lantern mass-launch (weather permitting)
- If you haven't participated in this before I recommend checking it out. Last year we launched roughly 50 Chinese lanterns from the Big Top - it was a majestic sight! We ask that you bring a lighter with you to ignite the heating device that each lantern contains. Two people per lantern is typically the best way to go!

Our contingent will be arriving at NEAT on Sunday 9/10 - be sure to stop on by during the course of the week to say hi and have some fun!!! We should be once again set up at the end of Aisle 6 - we're kind of hard to miss

Rob
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2017, 04:38 AM
AMA 1242
What time does HAPPY HOUR start?
Aug 04, 2017, 07:38 AM
Sunrise
Aug 04, 2017, 12:53 PM
AMA 1242

neat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss
Sunrise

Coffee Royal?
Aug 04, 2017, 02:06 PM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss
Sunrise
and every hour afterwards!
Aug 04, 2017, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyhank
Coffee Royal?
You know, we're a pretty classy bunch at the Big Top - maybe Mimosas? This way I get my Vitamin C

Rob
Aug 08, 2017, 10:45 AM
When pigs fly rc
Can't wait see you soon
Aug 17, 2017, 05:38 PM
Kit Manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyhank
What time does HAPPY HOUR start?
Apparently Sunday 9/10
Latest blog entry: BluFO-XL review by Tim...
Aug 17, 2017, 06:00 PM
Sounds about right

Rob
Aug 21, 2017, 09:50 PM
Don't cut the Yellow Wire
Hey ladies.... Its here!!!
Aug 21, 2017, 09:51 PM
Where's my haberdasher!!!!
Aug 21, 2017, 09:54 PM
Now that's a low pass !!
I think I need a t-shirt with that on it.. Come on Carlos you still have time.
Aug 21, 2017, 10:19 PM
Very cool - and I heard from a big birdie there will be shirts available

Rob
Last edited by stangrob; Aug 21, 2017 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
Aug 22, 2017, 06:24 AM
Now that's a low pass !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangrob
Very cool - and I heard from a big birdie there will be shirts available

Rob
There is a mention of shirts on one of the other NEAT threads
Aug 22, 2017, 07:51 AM
There will be a limited run 4 dozen shirts..possibly in gray or raw cotton style (off white)... They will go quickly and pre ordering is strongly suggested..... Rob ,Bill , SEFLI, gather your troops and send me a tally...