AOKoda AOK-041 1S Lithium Battery Tester - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

AOKoda AOK-041 1S Lithium Battery Tester

Most DLG pilots run a 1S lipo to power their receiver and servos. The AOK-041 lets you check 1S lipo battery voltage quickly and easily.

Splash

Keep tabs on your 1S lipo flight batteries

Most DLG pilots run a 1S lipo to power their receiver and servos. It's simple, effective and there's less parts to fail. You can also get exact voltage via telemetry from supported receivers so you always know the battery status while it's in the plane. What you may not know is the battery voltage before you put it in your plane and rather than installing and connecting the power to view the voltage on your radio, I'd rather plug in a lipo checker to see the status beforehand. The problem with this is that my normal lipo checker only supports 2-8 cells.

Today I found and ordered a new 1S lipo battery checker that I think is pretty cool and should do a great job. It's the AOKoda AOK-041 and it's only $3.99. It supports 1S lipos only, but it will handle LiFe and high voltage batteries as well. The really nice thing is that it has four of the most common connector types built in so you won't need adapters to use it with different batteries and it has a nice large easy to read display. The checker weighs 10g and is 43x23x15mm in size so you can store it anywhere convenient. It's always nice to know I'm putting a fully charged battery in my plane and this should get the job done.

Specs:

• Input range: 2.50~4.35V
  • Accuracy: 3.65Vą0.01V, 4.20Vą0.01V, 4.35Vą0.01V
  • Screen: 0.36 inches red digital tube display
  • Connector Types: JST(2.54mm), MOLEX(2.0mm), mCPX(2.0mm), MCX(1.25mm)
  • Size: 43x23x15mm
  • Weight: 10g
  • Price: $3.99

Check out the AOKoda AOK-041 1S Lithium Battery Tester here

Aug 01, 2017, 01:54 PM
aka: Pauly Knuckles
Good find Jason! Thanks for the info...I'm grabbing one today. I HATE not knowing if I'm putting a fully charged battery in my plane or not.
Aug 03, 2017, 12:46 AM
Adam
Pre-ordered. Thanks for the info.

I have been looking for a good quality 1s charger that can operate off of USB. There are tons of cheap ones without any display that are not very accurate and don't display mah put in, etc. There are also bigger ones that can do multiple batteries at once but require AC or higher source voltages than USB 5v. If you find a good quality USB lipo charger with an LCD that works off of USB let me know .
Aug 03, 2017, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStatiCa
Pre-ordered. Thanks for the info.

I have been looking for a good quality 1s charger that can operate off of USB. There are tons of cheap ones without any display that are not very accurate and don't display mah put in, etc. There are also bigger ones that can do multiple batteries at once but require AC or higher source voltages than USB 5v. If you find a good quality USB lipo charger with an LCD that works off of USB let me know .
What he said!!
Latest blog entry: Vibe Assembly Instructions
Aug 03, 2017, 12:53 AM
Adam
Quote:
Originally Posted by xStatiCa
AOKoda has one! I found it on banggood! It is a little bigger than what I wanted but it can charge multiple batteries and has an option for micro usb 5v input. It supports charging up to 1A.

AOKoda CX605 CX610 6CH DC/XT60/USB Battery Charger for 3.7V 1S Lipo Battery

https://www.banggood.com/AOK-CX605-C...l?rmmds=search

EDIT: I am trying to understand the difference between the models.

I see that 610 HV is for high voltage 4.35v lipo cells (not what we use).

I don't get the difference between the 605 and 610 (non HV) yet.

EDIT2: Found the info...

CX605(A): 0.1A~0.5A
CX610(B): 0.1A~1A
CX610 4.35V Upgrade Version can not charge 3.7V lipo battery.

I want the CX610(B)

EDIT3: Just purchased the CX610 (the non-HV version)

This charger doesn't seem to show mah put in, but it does have a voltage display which is nice. It can also be hooked up to bigger lipo for source voltage and can charge a phone too . Lots of features.
Last edited by xStatiCa; Aug 03, 2017 at 01:10 AM.
Aug 04, 2017, 12:41 PM
Adam
I found a youtube review of the AOKoda CX610 6CH DC/XT60/USB Battery Charger for 3.7V 1S Lipo Battery

It is great to see some nice equipment for us 1s battery users.

AOKoda CX610 ⚡🚩1S Lipo Charger 🔋👍 (6 min 16 sec)
Aug 04, 2017, 02:29 PM
RCG Admin
Cool! Guess I'll order one of those too.
Aug 06, 2017, 04:59 PM
RCG Admin
Got my charger in today and charged up a few packs. Love that it can take like 3 different types of input to power the charger. Works like a charm and will be really nice using it at the Bruce next month to charge from a USB battery bank at my tent.
Aug 06, 2017, 05:10 PM
Adam
How did you get it so quick?
Aug 06, 2017, 08:37 PM
Their website seems to show three different models, with no way to pick the one to be ordered?

I'm maybe just confused again?
Aug 06, 2017, 10:27 PM
RCG Admin
Amazon Prime! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Aug 07, 2017, 12:38 AM
Adam
Dang it. If I would have known that I would have primed it. I ordered from China so I won't get it for weeks. On the bright side I saved $2.99 .
Aug 07, 2017, 01:04 AM
Adam
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryO
Their website seems to show three different models, with no way to pick the one to be ordered?

I'm maybe just confused again?
You just click on the small picture of the one you want in the 'type:' section. Or just amazon prime it and do a similar thing there.
Aug 07, 2017, 02:43 PM
Prying Open My Third Eye
If you want the battery tester quicker...
Amazon to the rescue

https://www.amazon.com/AOK-041-Batte...ywords=AOK-041

Double the price though
Aug 07, 2017, 04:23 PM
Wayne Wimbish
Ordered the CX610 charger from Prime. Will have it in 2days. Planning to use my 22Ah power bank to supply the juice. Already had a cheap checker that does 1-6s lipos so that should cover me.

Was previously using some of those little 1s circuit board chargers that do 1A. Good for charging but not for knowing how much you put in. Photo shows what I was using at the Nats last week.

Wayne