Sep 11, 2017, 04:50 PM
Needs More Go Fast....
I thought I'd be ok with it, I mentioned before I didn't really like the color and could just repaint it. But I honestly just see an Avanti/Futura when I look at it which I have both of. I think between this and the FMS F-18, it'll be the F-18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandetlol
I like the hawk but the paint scheme not so much. If it was a paint scheme i really like i'd be willing to shell extra but with this... eeeehhhhhhhh
to remove ads between posts
Sep 11, 2017, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaydayMayday
I thought I'd be ok with it, I mentioned before I didn't really like the color and could just repaint it. But I honestly just see an Avanti/Futura when I look at it which I have both of. I think between this and the FMS F-18, it'll be the F-18.
If the Hawk was a 80mm F-18 FMS would have a total Winner instead of one done by Freewing already just like the Super Scorpion which judging from Thread participation is a Fizzer .. FMS has to think outside the Box with regard to new Jets & not been there done that by Freewing to be of any competition..Very disappointing so far..With every new model Freewing seems to be knocking it out of the ball park..Probably needs guys like Alpha to inject some pizzazz in their direction..
Last edited by HellHathNoFury; Sep 11, 2017 at 05:03 PM.
Sep 11, 2017, 06:14 PM
The sooner 90mm foamie edf get away from the thought train of it has to be 6's 5000 mah batt's and tiny for performance the better, 10's to 12's 3300 to 4000mah at 85 amps for example on a bigger platform would be far more interesting.

Of course these guys do their marketing and know where the profit/return is, but no way I am buying any 6's 130 plus amp battery slayer period ( thinking of the scorpion).

Just my thought but cant be the only one.
Sep 11, 2017, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellHathNoFury
If the Hawk was a 80mm F-18 FMS would have a total Winner instead of one done by Freewing already just like the Super Scorpion which judging from Thread participation is a Fizzer .. FMS has to think outside the Box with regard to new Jets & not been there done that by Freewing to be of any competition..Very disappointing so far..With every new model Freewing seems to be knocking it out of the ball park..Probably needs guys like Alpha to inject some pizzazz in their direction..
Agree with all of that, however, FMS still has far better QC than FW/FL from my experience; so if they could just do the right aircraft they would be a very real alternative to FW in the EDF market.
Sep 11, 2017, 09:11 PM
Jets & Lasagna...champion diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yak52Driver
Agree with all of that, however, FMS still has far better QC than FW/FL from my experience; so if they could just do the right aircraft they would be a very real alternative to FW in the EDF market.
I unfortunately have had the opposite experience. That's what makes thing interesting. It depends on so many variables. I won't purchase another FMS EDF until they improve upon many aspects.
Sep 11, 2017, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yak52Driver
I have found FMS Q/C very wanting with the A10 & 70mm Avanti.. The A10 suffered from total lack of Glue on the Retract mounts which resulted in front Retracts coming off & nosing over & messed up the front fuse..They got a piece of my mind for that... Also the total lack of Glue all over the 70mm Avanti was beyond a Joke.. I had to reglue a lot of the Fuse & particularly the Retract mounts because they would pull apart with not much force at all..Total turnoff when trying to win customers.. Worse of all FMS still persists in antiquated Foam hinges..C'mon get with the times & install plastic hinges as well ..
Sep 13, 2017, 09:52 AM
kero burner
Test flight video uploaded:

FMS 80mm 英國紅箭 / 80mm BAE Hawk 首航影片 (2 min 46 sec)
Sep 13, 2017, 01:15 PM
Jets & Lasagna...champion diet
I was looking forward to seeing how that video ended, but the rollout of the landing was cut out of the video. That looked like it was going into the brush and quickly.
Sep 13, 2017, 01:21 PM
Registered RC NUT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT
I was looking forward to seeing how that video ended, but the rollout of the landing was cut out of the video. That looked like it was going into the brush and quickly.
I love edited videos! NOT! I never do unless i forgot to turn it after i am done...
Sep 14, 2017, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellHathNoFury
I have found FMS Q/C very wanting with the A10 & 70mm Avanti.. The A10 suffered from total lack of Glue on the Retract mounts which resulted in front Retracts coming off & nosing over & messed up the front fuse..They got a piece of my mind for that... Also the total lack of Glue all over the 70mm Avanti was beyond a Joke.. I had to reglue a lot of the Fuse & particularly the Retract mounts because they would pull apart with not much force at all..Total turnoff when trying to win customers.. Worse of all FMS still persists in antiquated Foam hinges..C'mon get with the times & install plastic hinges as well ..
I can't speak for the models you mentioned, but I have never had an FMS foam hinge fail, on the other hand, the foam hinges on my FW/FL Bearcat failed before flight, simply when handling the ailerons in the set up phase. I guess everyone's experiences will be different, but from my experience (10 FMS models and 22 FW/FL in my fleet) FMS has the edge on QC and finish. However, other than the little 70mm Yak-130, all my FMS models are propeller, and mostly 1400 and 1700mm warbirds, so I accept they may have lost the plot in more recent times if that is what you are finding.
Sep 14, 2017, 02:24 PM
world's slowest builder
$349 USD at Horizon, Pre-order. Priced a little high...several nice planes in this category for $299 to $329 USD. Certainly the nicest looking BAE Hawk foamy out there so not much comp if that is what you want. The flying looks solid, no bad habits on approach or during those cruise-speed , steep turns in the video. Just need to land further from the dang bushes LOL.
Sep 14, 2017, 02:28 PM
Well it's a hawk so it would have bad habits on landing, namely tip stalls. Keep speed up.
Sep 14, 2017, 03:44 PM
world's slowest builder
The small wing makes them Hawks load-sensitive machines for sure. The have an envelope like every plane, go outside that and pay the price. I think it's a typical video of a maiden flight...not trimmed, unfamiliar pilot...no flaps used on landing. I bet it slows down a little better when trimmed, balanced for min trim change, and appropriate flaps are used. It certainly won't be winning contests for slowest landing speed though... Looks great on edge with the scale wing! As someone else pointed out, All the nicest flying sport jets have used the Hawk design...with a bigger wing. Can't beat the looks of the real Hawk.
Sep 14, 2017, 03:56 PM
Foam addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by raydar
The sooner 90mm foamie edf get away from the thought train of it has to be 6's 5000 mah batt's and tiny for performance the better, 10's to 12's 3300 to 4000mah at 85 amps for example on a bigger platform would be far more interesting.

Of course these guys do their marketing and know where the profit/return is, but no way I am buying any 6's 130 plus amp battery slayer period ( thinking of the scorpion).

Just my thought but cant be the only one.
6s 90 mm jets can fly decent with decent flight times on 5000 mah packs. They just have to be light enough. Most of my jets only pull about 90-100 amps at WOT. FlyFly kits are a perfect example of 90 mm jets that can be built light and perform well. The FW Venom is another. Their size and wing loading makes them ideal fliers. Their thrust to weight makes them perform like jets.
Sep 14, 2017, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4stripes
6s 90 mm jets can fly decent with decent flight times on 5000 mah packs. They just have to be light enough. Most of my jets only pull about 90-100 amps at WOT. FlyFly kits are a perfect example of 90 mm jets that can be built light and perform well. The FW Venom is another. Their size and wing loading makes them ideal fliers. Their thrust to weight makes them perform like jets.
These new FMS jets really do have jet-like performance, speaking as someone that flies turbines... the only real issue is the flight time is less than half of that capable of when you have a turbine... and turbines land lighter (fuel weight gone)

Quick Reply