Aug 18, 2017, 03:55 PM
No ! Your other left !
Spy question, how slow will it go ?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2017, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hunt
OK Guys

got the last test flight in today before it started to pour! Rob K, you weren't too far off with your configuration.

Basically, I bought a bare airframe not long after I bough the Eflite Convergence VTOL at xmas 2016. I thought I would eventually need it but I have had such good luck with mine, I decided to bash it into a Lobstah Mawhla! (BTW, that will be the name on a decal as soon as I can get it printed!)

Basically, took out everything needed for vtol flight, put on a couple of 2208-1450 motors 6 x 4 CR props and a 4S-1800mah pack. Man does she scoot! I get 5 minutes easy on the pack.

I filled in the aft prop hole and cleaned it up a bit aerodynamically and added a body flap for elevator instead of mixing it into a delta wing. She turns very tight without any hint of a stall!

Lobstah streamers beware!
OK, I like it Very clean conversion - kind of looks like a twin Shrike now. I see you kept it with the FPV setup

I'll bet it really scoots and if it turns as you describe it it'll be a formidable opponent. And we both know the twin props give that much more kill area

Rob
Aug 18, 2017, 04:27 PM
No ! Your other left !
Hope nobody sneaks wire into the streamers............not.

Tom practice on a teathered helium balloon. Just the balloon. Bet it's hard.
Regardless, we're going to have fun!
Aug 18, 2017, 05:58 PM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramsdell
Spy question, how slow will it go ?
slow enough, but that is not it's forte! hit and run like a good BF-109!
Aug 18, 2017, 05:59 PM
Head NEAT geek
Quote:
Originally Posted by aramsdell
Hope nobody sneaks wire into the streamers............not.

Tom practice on a teathered helium balloon. Just the balloon. Bet it's hard.
Regardless, we're going to have fun!
If the wind is blowing only 1-2mph, a tethered (small) balloon is a ground target!
Aug 18, 2017, 06:07 PM
No ! Your other left !
You are going to have some high class competition come midweek. Get your 'bug' fix early. Looks like a Sunday arrival !
Aug 18, 2017, 06:38 PM
So Al, are we looking at Lobsta combat starting Monday or Sunday afternoon?

Rob
Aug 18, 2017, 06:46 PM
No ! Your other left !
Wow, someone's hungry.
Spent 218 $ on the meat yesterday. Wanna help out? Lol. I still have to buy the live bugs. We'll see.
Rumor has it there may be a few prizes from a sponsor later in the week. Just sayin
Last edited by aramsdell; Aug 18, 2017 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Sp
Aug 18, 2017, 07:11 PM
I can't eat the bugs - I just want to cut some streamers .

Rob
Aug 18, 2017, 08:07 PM
No ! Your other left !
Buy you a beer and I don't drink. Win a roll and hand off to someone. Tom H. Licked his wounds all winter then built his secret weapon. You have a very viable twin. Haven't seen either fly but guessing what avoids one may not work on the other.
Guess I need to create confusion among you so you(flyers) take each other out !
Aug 18, 2017, 08:53 PM
Last year I flew my delta - I got close a number of times but the streamer kept sliding off the leading edge - no good. The new plane has over 18" of kill area in front of the props - was designed for balloons but should enjoy eating streamers as well.

I definitely want to avoid contact with the other planes, but in case something does happen I'm hoping my EPP and CF construction gives her an advantage. Calling her Hammerhead was not just about the look .

Rob
Aug 18, 2017, 09:04 PM
No ! Your other left !
Hopefully I don't have to deal with a rogue pilot aiming for my plane again.

A couple guys from my club had Eflite Alpha 450's as their first and sometimes 2nd and 3rd! Balsa plane. The CURRENT towplane is a wing from one guy, fuse from another. I have ANOTHER fuse and wing for another towplane ! Project for Mon/Tues@ NEAT.
Aug 19, 2017, 07:38 PM
No ! Your other left !
Started portioning lobster. 2 lbs = 12 rolls + a small treat for me. Heat shrunk and frozen.

We'll have 36 to play with for a week. Sun-Sat.
Some other goodies may show up too.

Look for the BIG. "Lobster Combat" banner when you get there.
Aug 19, 2017, 08:46 PM
No ! Your other left !
Last years towplane has been upgraded. To structurally sound!
Added 2nd airdams in fr and a set on the horiz stab.too.

She took a LOT of damage last year.
Motor and ESC changed.
Looking to widen the speed envelope.
Last edited by aramsdell; Aug 19, 2017 at 08:57 PM.
Aug 19, 2017, 08:54 PM
No ! Your other left !

Headgear

Everyone READ THIS

I STRONGLY recommend you bring and wear head protection.
FPV. guys/gals , when I allow fpv you WILL wear head protection.

Hard hat, baseball batting helmet, bicycle helmet, rock climbing helmet etc. But bring it.

I'll leave which up to you, but no complaints if you end up with a motor lodged in you temple.