Oct 31, 2004, 02:55 PM
Halloechen aus Texas !
Thread OP

Best Simulator for Foamy 3D Flying ?

I have been flying small electrics, slope and thermal duration for several years now, and I just started flying an eflight ultimate as my first 3d foamy.

Now and then I do training with realflight g2. It is useful, as the reflexes translate well, but it features mostly sport glow planes.

Is there a particular simulator (maybe even a free one ?$?) that is best to recreate 3d foamy flying ?

Thanks,
Knut
to remove ads between posts
Oct 31, 2004, 03:06 PM
best 3d sim = aero fly pro, www.aeroflypro.com
Oct 31, 2004, 09:09 PM
Yea, i want a good sim for 3d also, to learn to hover. I was going to get Reflex for chistmas, but idk if i should get that or aerofly?
Oct 31, 2004, 09:13 PM
Anything to do with RC
I'm waiting for the RFsim3.
They say the RF3 it better then the first two.
WAIT AND SEE
Oct 31, 2004, 09:30 PM
I like aeroflypro more than any other sim that I have used, it is much better for 3D.
Nov 01, 2004, 07:52 AM
(aka Cliff Lawson)
Reflex XTR is also excellent for learning 3D. I've just about got torque rolling and tail touching figured on the sim though doing it for real is a little trickier because of the added "fear factor" but XTR is a great sim for learning all the 3D stuff as its physics are so accurate (and the graphics are to die for!). You can download a lot of 3D foamy/shockflyer designs for it from www.rc-sim.de

Cliff
Nov 01, 2004, 08:25 AM
There are some planes for the free FMS sim that hover well and do some 3d reasonably well. RF2 is not that great and there are questions as to wether ver#3 is anything more than eye candy. Personally AFP is my favorite but you might want to wait for the "delux" version out soon, or at least confirm from your vender he will upgrade free. Look in the simulation forum!
Nov 02, 2004, 12:50 PM
FLY PEMBREY (PFC)
A Monell do you have any links for the hovering models for FMS as Ive been looking for some for quite a while

Cheers
Trev
Nov 02, 2004, 12:52 PM
The problem with FMS is the torque effect is not really taken into account.
Nov 02, 2004, 01:41 PM
The problem with other sims compared to FMS is they are several TIMES the cost.

Do a search for the site that sells the bundled FMS software with the cable you need to connect your tx to your computer. I think its $35-$40 max for everything. The website is something like tt-i-us or something like that.

Then search online for FMS models. I found a T3D model and an SX2 and SX3 models that work perfectly for foamies.

No, FMS isn't as accurate as the others. Its maybe 90% accurate in comparison to the others. But these are foamies...you could get an entire foamy plane up in the air for what some of the others cost.

I flew FMS for about 6 weeks, maybe an hour or two every night, before I maidened my T3D. I was doing full 3D flights on the maiden. By the time I got to the T3DII, I was STYLIN'.

BTW, finally sold my FMS software and cable for $10 less than what I bought it for in the "For Sale" section here on rcgroups. $10 for countless hours of training. I'm no competition pilot, but I wow the neighbors with my planes, and a big secret to my success was FMS.

I respect other people's opinions here. The fancier sims are very accurate and cool. But for pure foamy flying, don't nix FMS before you consider that for the $, you get lots of stick time and practice at a fraction of the other sim's cost.

Wish I hadn't sold my FMS now, I might buy another pack to learn how to fly 3D choppers!
Nov 02, 2004, 01:51 PM
40%, 5% whats the diff?
G3 is the same freaking thing the yak is ugly and you still can make your own models, i think i'll stick with aeroflypro.

Quick Reply