Jul 31, 2017, 03:03 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

2nd Annual Mike Tallman Legacy Race 9/16-9/17

We are coming up on the time for HSF to once again honor our great friend and competitor, Mike Tallman, for all he did in pylon racing at the 2nd annual Mike Tallman Legacy Race. The race will be held on September 16th & 17th, with the course set up on the 15th for practice.

As it was last year it will be a 2 day Q40 only race held at Lake Afton in Goddard (just west of Wichita) Kansas. For those of you that came out last year we saw many instances where Mike was there with us, from the weather we had to the generosity of pilots loaning out a plane to keep a pilot in the race, and I expect him to be back this year. It will be at the field that I recently learned Mike had a huge hand in building, he designed it and had it built like he wanted basically, the Lake Afton RC field. It's a nice wide open space without a bad seat in the house to watch the close competition. Are seasoned workers will be back in full force as usual and of course we'll have an expertly prepared lunch by Vernelle Tallman. So come on out and join in on the fun and experience the intense competition.

In an effort to honor Mike and how he was, and to give back to the pilots that attend our race, we have decided to give away two separate prizes this year. We will be giving away a Loki Q40 airplane from CMAD racing and a Q40 engine of the winner's choice. It will be two separate drawings for the prizes. The person who is chosen first will have their choice of the Loki or the engine, the second person will get the prize that's left.

*RULES DEVIATION* - In the event that you receive a light and a cut on the same lap at Pylon 1, the cut will stand and a refly will not be issued.

If you plan on attending, shoot me an email @ lfinchcpa-sbcglobal.net (you know what to do to make it work) and let me know your AMA# as well as teammates. I look forward to seeing you all at the race.

Lonnie
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2017, 05:53 PM
DHG
DHG
Kinetic Sculptor
A fool and his money are soon parted ... I'm in.

Quick Reply