Aug 14, 2019, 04:37 PM
Slow is the go!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG
LOL! You, too? I was making low-level passes with my UMX Spitfire and making gun-firing noises yesterday morning, at the crack of dawn. This guy would have been really pissed at my following victory rolls over the airfield.

Attachment 12429329
Squadron Leader Colin Harvey: Never let me catch you doing a victory roll over my airfield again. Understood?

Some more one liners in the Battle of Britain film.

Air Chief Marshall Sir Hugh Dowding:
But the essential arithmetic is that our young men will have to shoot down their young men at
the rate of four to one, if we're to keep pace at all.

Squadron Leader Canfield:
The engine's overheating and so am I. Either we stand down or blow up. Now which do you want?

Squadron Leader Edwards:
Shut up! Silence - in Polish!

Sir David Kelly:
We're not easily frightened. Also, we know how hard it is for an army to cross the channel. Last
little corporal who tried came a-cropper. So don't threaten or dictate to us until you're marching
up Whitehall! And even then we won't listen.

Group Capt. Hope:
Bad as we thought, Sir?
Air Vice Marshal Keith Park:
Worse! Kenley and Biggin are a shambles and the rest not much better. God Knows how many
aircraft we'll have in the morning. All because 12 Group couldn't do their stuff. Leigh-Mallory
and his big wings! Might as well stay on the ground for all the use they are!

Squadron Leader Skipper:
Did you get one?
Sgt. Pilot Andy:
All I got was a bellyful of English Channel!

Squadron Leader Skipper:
How many time have I told you - never fly straight and level for more than 30 seconds in a combat area!

Some more here if anyone's interested........\/
https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Battle_of_Britain_(film)
Last edited by Peter Phillipps; Aug 14, 2019 at 04:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 17, 2019, 09:36 AM
Great movie, at least for Spitfire fans! I've had it on an ancient VHS tape for years. Finally broke down and had to get it on DVD.
Aug 25, 2019, 05:09 PM
Michael S.
Eflite UMX W8ildKitty conversion form Butch O'hare's F4F F-3 to a Golden Wings plane from the USS Ranger.

I used an airbrush and acrylic paints to do this. The weight is negligible so the flight performance is not affected. It certainly is MUCH more visible in the air than the camouflaged version.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/H6exZ6TH8ZW6xmLJ6
Aug 25, 2019, 09:55 PM
Slow is the go!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mstanleyfl
Eflite UMX W8ildKitty conversion form Butch O'hare's F4F F-3 to a Golden Wings plane from the USS Ranger.

I used an airbrush and acrylic paints to do this. The weight is negligible so the flight performance is not affected. It certainly is MUCH more visible in the air than the camouflaged version.

Great job there on quite a complicated paint job, folks worth clicking the link to see bit more detail on the paint process.
Aug 25, 2019, 11:38 PM
Quote:

Great work!! Thanks for the link to your extra pictures.

My work table looks just like yours!!
Aug 26, 2019, 06:35 AM
Impressive, Mr. Stanley.

Gene K
Aug 26, 2019, 07:27 AM
Quote:

Very nice! I like it! It certainly livens up the bird.
Aug 26, 2019, 05:09 PM
Michael S.
Thanks for all the nice comments. I am thinking very hard about doing up my 1 Meter WildKitty in similar markings.
Last edited by Mstanleyfl; Aug 27, 2019 at 06:50 AM.
Aug 27, 2019, 04:29 AM
Slow is the go!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01
Hopefully you'll be adding pilots to those absolute masterpieces!

In that regard, where did you procure the Gladiator pilot?

Gene K
Old post I finally got around to answering, made a mould from a Verlinden 1/16th scale
British pilot, I also have 1/32nd scale I use in the small 1S UMs and around 1/24th scale
in the 2S jobs. Don't know if the product exists elsewhere use Pinksil moulding silicone.

Stearman converted to an Avro Cadet with a 1/32nd scale pilot.

Waco converted to a Gloster Gladiator with a 1/16th scale pilot.
Aug 27, 2019, 06:55 AM
Michael S.
Those are both really fabulous Pete.

Just found this:

https://callie-graphics.com/collecti...s-graphids-set
Aug 27, 2019, 10:59 AM
Michael S.
So the Horizon Delta Ray One looks enough like an Avro Vulcan that I just may have to do it up in RAF camo!!
Aug 27, 2019, 02:31 PM
Quote:
... looks enough like an Avro Vulcan that I just may have to do it ... .
So you're running low on scale models, huh?

Gene K
Aug 27, 2019, 03:34 PM
Slow is the go!
Thread OP
Quote:
Those are both really fabulous Pete.

Just found this:

https://callie-graphics.com/collecti...s-graphids-set
Love what you have done with your Wildcat, the paintwork and that scheme is awesome.

Callie did up a great small set for my mini Strega, hers a stickers and look great on a glossy
paint job. On weathered warbirds I prefer water slide decals as they sit down more and
look like they are painted on, Royal Navy Martlet. (or Wildcat)

Aug 27, 2019, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Phillipps
Callie did up a great small set for my mini Strega, hers a stickers ... .
How do you use Callie's stickers" Are they vinyl and applied by using transfer tape?

Gene K
Aug 27, 2019, 09:36 PM
Slow is the go!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy01
How do you use Callie's stickers" Are they vinyl and applied by using transfer tape?

Gene K
Probably not stickers as such, would imagine they are vinyl,
they have clear film on the adhesive side.

Quick Reply