Ultra Micro repaints & mods - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 31, 2017, 04:15 AM
Slow is the go!
Rave

Ultra Micro repaints & mods

I, like many, repaint my ultra micros, seen a few here and there, thought I’d start a thread
where I’m hoping those that are keen can share their repainted or modified ultra micros.

My first um that doesn’t get in the air so much these days, an oldie but a goodie.

You will noticed she is armed, some aggressive L4 Grasshopper drivers fitted Bazookas
to there aeroplanes one chap even destroyed a few tanks with them. Charles Carpenter
probably the most famous, see link below.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charle...tenant_colonel)

Snoopy on the tail of the Red Baron.

Not Von Richthofen’s scheme but similar, used pastels to pick up the wing ribs and create the
caster oil over the cowling .

My second um that I didn’t fly much when I first got her as she was way too twitchy for my ability.

While ago the SU26 got a SU27, her bigger brothers, paint scheme.
Last edited by Peter Phillipps; Oct 15, 2017 at 10:02 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2017, 09:05 AM
awesome!
Jul 31, 2017, 11:37 AM
Here are a couple to add to the mix.
Jul 31, 2017, 11:47 AM
I just finished changing the camo on this parkzone umx spitfire. It was hard to see in the green camo, so I changed it to tan. I'm not to happy w/ the weight gain but there were some repairs done at the same time. I hate how gram sensitive the 1s brushed planes are, but it creates a new challenge in being conscious of the overall weight..
Jul 31, 2017, 11:55 AM
Here's a cub I did a while ago and lost in the woods. I'm making a replacement using a carbon cub body.
Jul 31, 2017, 12:21 PM
Here's a repaint I did for my girlfriend to give her a plane, and to help anyone else the brand of paint I used.
Jul 31, 2017, 05:20 PM
Slow is the go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nw94rs
I just finished changing the camo on this parkzone umx spitfire. It was hard to see in the green camo, so I changed it to tan. I'm not to happy w/ the weight gain but there were some repairs done at the same time. I hate how gram sensitive the 1s brushed planes are, but it creates a new challenge in being conscious of the overall weight..
I agree with the min power of 1s the weight gain is a pain, never worried me too much,
yep you probably fly a bit faster and get shorter flights, I just have lots of batteries.

Thanks for contributing everyone, here's my Spitfire and a few others.

This PZ Mk IX Spitfire painted up as a real one that currently flies in New Zealand.

The mighty P51 seen below with a pic of the only Mustang to be painted in camo
in Australia. The Mustang was also made in Australia by the Commonwealth
Aircraft Corporation.

My favourite WW II fighter this one received Royal New Zealand Airforce markings.

The white stripes make her so much easier to see, I swear they have saved a couple
of lost orientation situations on more than one occasion!

Another that I favour the “Wooden Wonder” in foam painted as an Aussie Mossie!

Last edited by Peter Phillipps; Aug 01, 2017 at 03:13 AM.
Jul 31, 2017, 05:28 PM
My inspiration for the pink Champ
Jul 31, 2017, 05:53 PM
Slow is the go!

Parish Pink P40!

Nice, was wondering if they where based on real aeroplanes, I remember
that pink P40 flown by Sue Parish, the pink P40 still exists in a museum.

http://www.classicwarbirds.co.uk/art...40-warhawk.php
Last edited by Peter Phillipps; Aug 01, 2017 at 03:12 AM.
Jul 31, 2017, 05:53 PM
Crazy Canuck
Well it's nice to see there's people out there turning these little birds into pieces of art that not only look super cool but fly also.
This Gee Bee was one of the originals. I flew it and loved how it handled it wasn't super fast but it sure did rail in the skies and was a very precise plane. Landings were comical at best if you nailed it on the mains and tail wheel at the same time. using a bit of power to smooth it out. So I had this idea back then of letting a friend of mine have his way over it.He does these micro WWI planes in great detail and quality. So he did this idea. I call it the Granville P-45 B '43 markings. I flew it around and such now she's a great looking hangar Queen which I don't really like as it sits more than it flies. The downside of being nicely dressed. Here's a few pictures of it.
Jul 31, 2017, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Phillipps
Nice, was wondering if they where based on real aeroplanes, I remember
that pink P40 flown by Sue Parish, the pink P40 still exists in a museum.

http://www.classicwarbirds.co.uk/art...40-warhawk.php
I have seen it in person hanging in the museum.
Jul 31, 2017, 10:55 PM
Slow is the go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWBEFLYER
Well it's nice to see there's people out there turning these little birds into pieces of art that not only look super cool but fly also.
This Gee Bee was one of the originals. I flew it and loved how it handled it wasn't super fast but it sure did rail in the skies and was a very precise plane. Landings were comical at best if you nailed it on the mains and tail wheel at the same time. using a bit of power to smooth it out. So I had this idea back then of letting a friend of mine have his way over it.He does these micro WWI planes in great detail and quality. So he did this idea. I call it the Granville P-45 B '43 markings. I flew it around and such now she's a great looking hangar Queen which I don't really like as it sits more than it flies. The downside of being nicely dressed. Here's a few pictures of it.
That is a cool repaint on the Gee Bee, even with guns, could be renamed the "Angry Bee".
Aug 01, 2017, 03:14 AM
Slow is the go!
The Corsair got a bit more aggressive nick name “Whistling Death,” the text on
mine "Manu Wera" roughly translates from the native people of New Zealand's
language to "Hot bird."

Another American radial powered beast, this Thunderbolt painted in Royal
Airforce markings of an aeroplane that flew in the South East Asian Conflict.

Keeping an American/RAF theme, painted as a British coastal command B17.

Last edited by Peter Phillipps; Oct 15, 2017 at 10:06 PM.
Aug 01, 2017, 07:26 PM
clipped the wings last night & paint matched the canopy.
Aug 01, 2017, 09:54 PM
Slow is the go!
From memory they clipped the wings so she would roll faster,
doubt it would make much difference at this size would be
interesting to see if you think she rolls faster?