Auto g2 prerotator not spinning up - RC Groups
Jul 30, 2017, 10:22 PM
Question

Auto g2 prerotator not spinning up

I got this plane for christ.as and haven't set it up until now only to realize that the prerotator won't spin up. I have the rotor blade off which I assume has nothing to do with it, and another thing worth mentioning is I have a airtronics sd-5g and I am plugging in the prerotator to ch5 which is "gear" in the radios manual. Could my radio just not accept anything other than gear for that slot? I also have the dean connector plugged in so it isn't that. Maybe the type of battery is wrong and can't output power from the dean connector? Plz help. I'm really hoping I don't have to call customer support. Thanks!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 09, 2017, 02:13 PM
on mine the prerotator is pluged in to the balance plug . and has it own esc
Aug 11, 2017, 12:00 AM
Mine as well but it still doesn't spin up I think it may be broken
Aug 11, 2017, 03:22 AM
by pass the esc , put battery wires to the motor see if it run use the correct voltage, remember that motor has brushes, then check the out put of the esc
Nov 10, 2017, 05:58 PM
Sorry to dig up this old thread but I am borrowing a spektrum TX and the rotor spins up when I plug the prerotator into aux 1 but it doesn't spin up when I plug it into ch 5 on my airtronics. I have 5 channels on my airtronics TX and rx. Ch 5 is labelled as "gear" on the rx. Why could this be happening?