This thread is privately moderated by Ssayer, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 30, 2017, 12:29 PM
Oldie, not Moldie
Thread OP
Discussion

Hubsan H501A/H501S Extension Legs

I drew and printed up some legs for my Hubsans to get them further off the ground (both for prop clearance in higher grass and for ground clearance for my Runcam Split). If you want them longer or shorter, it's easy enough to change that size in your 3D Printer's slicer. I picked this particular size as it is the minimum size which allows ground clearance for my Runcam Split at any angle.

I've attached them with 2 small zip ties and then (because I'm persnickity), I UV welded them in two spots. If you tighten the zip ties well enough there is no problem, but... with the UV weld, they won't budge (with the added benefit that a quick snap of the wrist breaks that weld if you want to remove them). Everything total (legs and zip ties) weighs in at 14g and doesn't make much difference in flight time.

Legs:
Name: 1.jpg
Views: 102
Size: 780.0 KB
Description:

Quad with Runcam Split and quad without:
Name: a.jpg
Views: 121
Size: 312.5 KB
Description:

More of a side view of quad with Runcam Split and a close up:
Name: b.jpg