Jul 29, 2017, 07:09 PM
MorganTech
Thread OP
Discussion

Cool Plane

This is a great way to keep your printed PLA plane cool!
I wanted to be able to leave my Mig on the flight line or in the pits without having to find a shady spot or bring a pop-up tent. I started thinking about different materials that I could make a cover out of without having to pay the high pricing at the yardage store. My first thought was Ironing Board covers, then I came up with the idea of solar window shades. Stopped by our local $.99 store and found these window covers. Here is what I came up with, I did use a sewing machine, but I don't see why two-sided tape wouldn't work well. It cuts really easy and does not tear. Basically its solar bubble wrap.
Last edited by electric-2000; Jul 29, 2017 at 07:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2017, 06:36 PM
where are you? im in SD too - north county. Ive started to mess around with 3d printed airplanes. did you print this one?

-david
Jul 31, 2017, 11:08 PM
MorganTech
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianspork226
where are you? im in SD too - north county. Ive started to mess around with 3d printed airplanes. did you print this one?

-david
I'm a bit south of you, just across from Mission Bay. Yes, we manufacture 3Dprinters and CNC routers and the 3DlabPrints are coming off our printers.
Sent you a PM with contact info.

-Mike

Quick Reply