Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jul 29, 2017, 07:45 PM
Ron
Ron
Discussion

Chilliwack wet and dry summer fly

Hi guys,
there's just over two weeks till the annual Chilliwack Summer fly in.

who's coming this year ?

ron
to remove ads between posts
Aug 08, 2017, 03:55 PM
Parkcityflier
There's a million people coming to central Oregon very soon, for the big eclipse---so I'm leaving. What better place is there to spend a few days than Chilliwack, flying with you all. I plan to be there and looking forward to it. I'll be bringing my camper once again.

Jim
Aug 08, 2017, 07:07 PM
I'll be there Friday, Sat and Sunday. Thinking of tenting Sat night if that's still a go?

Been getting time on the big Pup lately so I can bring it home!

The short runway and compressed flight box at our field is proving good practice! Counting the sleeps...

-Tim
Aug 10, 2017, 11:33 PM
Ron
Ron
Good show Tim......Snoopy and Woodstock were out checking the runway this afternoon..... looks like we'll have three or four Pups here next weekend....peanut butter cookies are almost done , and ready :-) The officers club will be stocked with a fresh supply of root beer :-)

Jim....... the lake has been like glass the last couple of weeks, and 'll save you a spot right close.
Aug 10, 2017, 11:39 PM
Ron
Ron
For those who don't already know this is at the Chilliwack Electric Fliers field at Skway Lake.
Chilliwack....our regular field. dry camping. If you have stuff you want to find a new home for, bring it along as there's always an informal swap meet type thing going on all weekend.
Sherry will be making Hamburgers and Hot Dogs for lunch on Saturday, and a pancake breakfast on Sunday morning.
Aug 13, 2017, 01:50 PM
8000 Watt Club
I am planning on attending on Saturday and Sunday. Hopefully I will be rolling in Friday night.
Aug 13, 2017, 09:06 PM
Ron
Ron
great Geoff... looking forward to seeing you again.
Aug 15, 2017, 11:40 PM
Hey Ron..I am taking Friday off and will bring the trailer this time. See you all there.
Aug 15, 2017, 11:46 PM
Slip the surly bonds...
I got to Ivan's place this afternoon and have been unpacking the Kawanishi Mavis. Air Canada took good care of her and everything still works. I'm here for the weekend and looking forward to seeing all you guys again.
Aug 15, 2017, 11:51 PM
Welcome back Mike...it will be nice to see you again.
Aug 16, 2017, 06:44 PM
Ken Stuhr
Hey Mike--
Looking fwd to seeing you again. Should have something to show you that's new too!
Aug 17, 2017, 06:15 PM
Slip the surly bonds...
Sounds interesting Ken...not more Minions?

We flew this morning until 10-ish. Dead calm at 6, just a little breeze at 8:30, gradually increased until it's blowing a good 20 kts now, at 3pm. Geese are walking, trees lashing. Jim's Empire is tied down. Early morning flying is best.
Aug 18, 2017, 12:10 AM
Slip the surly bonds...
Suddenly, at about 8pm, the wind moderated down to 5-8 kts and Ron put up his quarter scale Sopwith Pup and Ivan a powered glider sort of cabin monoplane. I had one flight with his Lakemaster but it was rapidly getting dark.
Aug 18, 2017, 12:23 PM
Slip the surly bonds...
Up at 6 this morning, perfect conditions. Still flyable at 9:30. Looks really promising.

Mike
Aug 20, 2017, 11:38 PM
Parkcityflier
As always, I had a great time. The flying, for me, could have been better. With the high windows, it got to be pretty wild flying at times but I still had good days in the mornings, so no regrets. For me, it's all about getting together for a few days with Ivan and all the rest of you good guys. Thanks for letting me come up again. See you in May

Jim

Quick Reply