This thread is privately moderated by day o, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 29, 2017, 12:45 AM
FPV = Cardio
Thread OP
Discussion

X210 Pro brushless

Still waiting on parts to complete my Kylin. The frame is assembled, so I just need to slap it all in there. I'm debating using the LEDs in the back or not, since now I'm thinking about a "murdered out" look and going all black thanks to a screwed up order by helidirect. I had ordered a blue cased Foxeer Night Wolf v.2 but got black instead. I have a bunch of older ESCs and motors I can slap in there just to get it flying while my permanent motors and ESCs arrive.

Notice from the pic below I'm giving soft-mounted motors a try. I'm using silicon Rescue Tap on the top and bottom motor mount surface of the arm. The motor will sit on the top surface. I made some plastic disks by cutting up a clear plastic disposable dinner plate. The screws will go through the plate, to lightly compress against the bottom layer of silicone, while drawing the motors lightly onto to top layer of silicon. The FC will be mounted on those standard rubber isolating 3mm mounts.

Speaking of FC, this AIO FC should make for a SUPER clean build. No external PDB, no external OSD, no external VTX. Smooooth.

Parts list:
-Realacc X210 Pro 4mm 3k carbon frame
-HGLRC F4 V5Pro FC with integrated VTX, OSD, PDB, BEC running BF 3.1.6
-Frsky XSR SBUS receiver
-Foxeer Night Wolf V3 IR sensitive camera
-RCX RS2206 2400kv V3 motors
-XRotor 30A ESCs
-King Kong 5x4x3 props

Temp parts:
-"Emax" MT2204 2300kv motors
-DYS 16A ESCs
Last edited by day o; Aug 11, 2017 at 02:24 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 09, 2017, 05:04 PM
FPV = Cardio
Thread OP

Hooray! My permanent motors and ESCs are in! Time to build.

I should probably make a video since there aren't "that" many build videos with this FC.
Aug 11, 2017, 02:16 AM
FPV = Cardio
Thread OP
My plan to cut up a silicone baking pan liner to use for soft mounting my motors was an epic fail. The stuff is really difficult to "carve" into the shape I needed, and any bolt holes that I punched into it "healed" itself. It's almost as if the stuff would rather be die-cut. So in short, don't bother. Just buy the die-cut stuff online for $2. I ended up using silicone Rescue Tape on the top and bottom, which was still a royal pain to shape.
Aug 11, 2017, 02:17 AM
FPV = Cardio
Thread OP

Almost done!

This FC really makes things a whole lot easier. I'm quite impressed with it.
Aug 11, 2017, 02:19 AM
FPV = Cardio
Thread OP

Voila! She's ready to fly!

I just need to find a spot for the XSR receiver. If anyone has any ideas, I'm all ears. I might end up having to fab a shelf on top of my FC just to mount the receiver.
Aug 11, 2017, 02:46 AM
FPV = Cardio
Thread OP
I just wanted to document how I've got the FC wired up.

The board is soft mounted on rubber risers. The XT60 is connected via a pigtail. ESC power wires run under the board, then come out right at the ESC +/- pads, to keep the wires hidden as much as possible. The signal wire simply runs straight to the nearest ESC signal pad. I tested the sig ground and it's shared with the ESC ground, so I removed the sig grounds. I'm using the LED sig, +5V, and ground for the LED wall that comes with the x210 frame. Since this connector is at the front of the board, I ran the LED lines underneath as well. The other lines used from this connector are the +5v, ground, and video-in from the Foxeer Nightwolf V3.

On the rear connector, I'm using the beeper + and -, as well as TX3 for telemetry to my XSR receiver's pre-inverted telemetry signal. On the connector opposite of the battery connector is the connector for the receiver. I'm using the +5v, ground, and S.BUS lines in it. That just about covers everything.

Quick Reply