This thread is privately moderated by day o, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 28, 2017, 11:54 PM
FPV = Cardio
Thread OP
Discussion

My 90mm brushed

I had some spare parts laying around due to a destroyed Eachine QX90C frame, so I figured I'd cobble together something cheap and tough; something that I can let my friends and neighbors fly around and crash into things without any worries. But it still had to be fun and cool. A quick trip to thingiverse yielded this 90mm frame created by dschiedsch.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2169174

I took some liberties with the plans. I skipped on the battery tray, and opted for Velcro to hold the 600mah 1S lipo to the undercarriage. Rather than bending the camera platform down to attach the AIO VTX/Cam as per the instructions, I kept the shelf and adhered the cam using hot glue. After printing the main frame out of bright green ABS, I started the print for a second frame, except I stopped the print after the main body was finished (before the motor supports started to rise up out of the print). After reaming out the motor holes in the second lower profile frame, due to the stop-notch that's built into the motor mounts to keep them from falling straight through, I now had a dual-level micro frame that would always keep the motors perfectly square and upright, and has so far proven to be my most durable FPV. And as a bonus: it practically glows in the dark, just from the FC's LEDs shining through the ABS.

Parts list:
-3D printed ABS frame (see above)
-8520 motors from an eachine QX90C (direct soldered)
-eachine FRF3_EVO_BRUSHED FC from the same QX90C (de-socketted) with built-in Frsky SBUS receiver
-eachine TX03 AIO cam with switchable power VTX
-Ladybird props
-micro buzzer
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply