Believer 1960mm Wingspan Portable FPV plane - an improved X-UAV Clouds? - RC Groups
Jul 28, 2017, 03:25 PM
New Product

Believer 1960mm Wingspan Portable FPV plane - an improved X-UAV Clouds?

Full review of this plane can be found here: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...owner-s-thread

Just saw the Believer plane listed in stock over at Banggood. Is it me, or is this thing looking A LOT like a slightly bigger and improved X-UAV Clouds?

Knowing how well the Clouds flies and performs when properly setup... I am seriously temped to pick one of these up and see how it compares... but I have so many planes already... damn it!!!

Description:
Believer is a flight platform with industry class aerial survey. It has the characteristics of portability, easy operation, friendly operation, stability and durability. The whole assembly of modular design make phototopography simple and quick,quick detachable wings,the ventral shock absorption and energy release enables the aircraft to have good portability and excellent user experience. Stratified design of the flight control cabin,the camera cabin can carry 4200W pixel camera,the battery compartment can accommodate a 6S 22000mah Lipo battery,bringing long battery life and high quality shooting effect. With the flight control system, telemetry system, power system, image system can obtain stable and safe flight performance, can be applied to terrain mapping, agriculture, forestry, animal husbandry protection, power inspection line, environmental protection, water and so on.

Specification:
Item Name: Believer
Material: EPO,EVA,carbon fibre,engineering plastic,and etc.
Wingspan: 1960mm
Fuselage Length: 1070mm
Fuselage Height: 180mm
Wing Load: 51.4dmē
Recommended Take-off Weight: 4.2kg
Max. Take-off Weight: 5.5kg
Recommended Flying Speed: 20m/s
Stalling Speed: 10m/s
CG: 1.5cm towards the back of the center of front carbon rod

Feature:
EPO materail,lightweight and durable.
Hatch cabin inching design,convenient and reliable.
Bigger and more reasonable fuselage capacity.
ESC hatch cover can be removed,easy to replace the ESC.
Aileron servo can be removed,no need to modify the servo cable.
Bottom buffer layer design,reduce landing impact, protect fuselage and camera.
Ergonomic design of rear fuselage,to make lifting easier and throwing more stable.
Support tilt photography,meet the 1:1000 and 1:1200 aerial survey.
Support hand throwing and parachute landing fall.

Installation Attention:
- In the welding of high current connector, we must pay attention to the welding line sequence to correspond to each other, so as not to burn ESC and servo.
- Rcommend to use the Emax ES3154 digital servo, or other servos with the same size and servo horn, easy to install the servo, and the installation of the vertical stabilizer quick release device.

Flying Attention:
- Please avoid flying and swerving at 10m/s, so as to avoid stalling.
- Before the flight, please be sure to check the motor and the propeller are installed correctly and secure, the ESC signal line and the power cord plug connection is reliable and reliable.

Note:
This item is the KIT Version, not include any electronic devices, the description Images are for reference only.
This item supports Feiyu 3-axis Gopro gimbal,but requires you to DIY the camera bay.

Well... at least they have the decency to warn us that in order to use a gimbal we will have to modify the camera bay!
Last edited by Arxangel; Nov 08, 2017 at 01:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 28, 2017, 04:40 PM
Kinda looks like Talon and MTD had a baby, and that baby costs like both of its parents combined (and then some).
Jul 28, 2017, 07:01 PM
USA: LakeGeorge, New York
Looks the same as the CLOUDS but with different decals.....lol

p.s.
I'm pretty sure its a disgruntled XUAV employee selling molds to 'Believer'....
(I'm guessing)....how do you make a Dual Prop Plane that looks almost Exactly as the CLOUDS?
hehehehehehe

looks fine to me.....
hope its not a slow poke like the EVE with those SkyWalker old wings (airfoil)
Last edited by rclab1; Jul 28, 2017 at 08:48 PM.
Jul 28, 2017, 07:16 PM
It is larger than the Clouds... and the Nimbus style wing connectors are a nice addition... but it is expensive for a KIT. Kinda rivals the EVE-2000 KIT in price, and at least I know the EVE is a stellar flyer!

Skywalker EVE-2000 - rising above the clouds! (3 min 36 sec)
Jul 30, 2017, 07:33 AM
Arxangel.
are they sending you a free sample to test out?
hope they do, your videos have lots of good info!
Jul 30, 2017, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rclab1
Arxangel.
are they sending you a free sample to test out?
hope they do, your videos have lots of good info!
Hmmm... interesting question... for the moment at least, I don't think so!

I just find the plane really interesting because the Clouds flies pretty damn well, and this looks like a larger version of it, which will be able to carry more, and possibly fly the same at the higher weight... ?
Jul 30, 2017, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxangel
Hmmm... interesting question... for the moment at least, I don't think so!

I just find the plane really interesting because the Clouds flies pretty damn well, and this looks like a larger version of it, which will be able to carry more, and possibly fly the same at the higher weight... ?
Yup, I agree....
Those wing connectors connections are horrid though.
Jul 31, 2017, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Yup, I agree....
Those wing connectors connections are horrid though.
On the Clouds or on the Believer?
Aug 01, 2017, 06:20 AM
Right... guess I will get to do a comparison after all!

Order date: Aug 01, 2017
Aug 01, 2017, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxangel
Right... guess I will get to do a comparison after all!

Order date: Aug 01, 2017
Good ! Keep the best one and sell me the other at 30% rebate. Lol !
Aug 01, 2017, 09:17 AM
It looks like from the hyped up photos that
for one to disconnect the wings, the motors go along with it (no no)...
on the CLOUDS the motors stay within the fuselage....
There's going to be more wires being diconnected
Aug 01, 2017, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydro_Yde
Good ! Keep the best one and sell me the other at 30% rebate. Lol !
Haha... I don't think you will like the shipping costs to Cameroon!

Quote:
It looks like from the hyped up photos that
for one to disconnect the wings, the motors go along with it (no no)...
on the CLOUDS the motors stay within the fuselage....
There's going to be more wires being diconnected
True... BUT, on the EVE-2000 and the Nimbus you also disconnect the motors along with the wing, but the connectors actually make that child's play... so I am not really worried about it!
Aug 03, 2017, 09:01 AM
AutoPilot .
i ordered one also , since i love my Clouds alot and its so reliable with the KDE gear , iam going with KDE again :
KDE2315XF-885 Brushless Motor
KDEXF-UAS35 35A+ Electronic Speed Controller

I know it will handle the plane ok , since i have 2814 775kv and 55a esc on the cloud and its not even breaking a sweat

Still on my old 4S 20.500 mah li ion .or maybe a new bigger from Pompe

Will put a Sony Rx100iii this time inside for some nice aerial shoot i hope

Pixhawk2 cube and drotek GPS will be inside too , for flying it .
Aug 04, 2017, 06:28 AM
Damn that's a big pack!

I have gear for 6S, so will be equipping mine accordingly, although not sure about the autopilot yet...

I have Pompe LiIon pack for my Clouds that I will review and test soon... may get one for this one as well if it proves worthy!
Aug 04, 2017, 06:34 AM
AutoPilot .
For such plane its not a big pack at all , its medium they cant take at least twice that

the clouds on 4S 20.500 have good endurance and stay nimble